“Refreshing Simplicity, Family Friendly, and Fresh Mountain Air;)”
Review of Hotel Vienna

Hotel Vienna
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Windham
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 November 2017

This spot somehow hits all of the must-have's while keeping things simple and family- friendly. A perfect mountain getaway for the the nature enthusiast, avid mountain-biker, hiker, or skiier. We have been here twice around Columbus Day weekend and have been so pleased with our stay both times. We have two young children, and the amenities were perfect to suit our needs yet keep us interested. There is a beautiful heated indoor pool and hot tub just across the parking lot from the hotel. Just outside the door is the windham bike path which is perfect for a morning run or a bike ride with the kids. Hikes of all levels abound in the nearby area. Tannersville is a short, scenic drive away with plenty of restaurants. Downtown Windham is just down the street and is quaint, friendly, and now home to a stunningly renovated ski lodge. Even in the down-time of fall weekdays , we were surprised at the availability of restaurants and shops that were open in the area. Hotel Vienna is well run with a family feel. It is clean and friendly. Small touches like cold lemon water and chocolate chip cookies in the lobby, over 400 dvd titles to "borrow" from the front desk, a fireplace in the breakfast lounge (as well as a well rounded breakfast with lots of healthy options), and the stunning mountain views will surely be remembered by both myself, my husband, and young children. This is a great place to go when you just want to get a away from it all (yet still have wifi access ;)
Thanks Hotel Vienna, we will be back!
The Trout Family (Beachwood Bicycles, NJ)

Room Tip: Just ask they are very personable. The mountain view rooms are a little extra.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
mrviennawindham, Owner at Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Robyn,

It was a pleasure to have your family stay with us a second time and we surely hope to see you many more times in the future. We are glad you find our location central to many of the local activities and being right on the Windham Path is a huge plus.
Thanks for the review and we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

From the time you pull into the property to when you walk in the front door you feel at Home!!! The grounds are well maintained & host seasonal beautiful flower planters. You are greeted by a friendly Face at the front desk who welcomes you and explains all of the Hotel amenities & will assist w/ any of your needs. Rooms are large, comfortable & VERY CLEAN!!! Love the balconies & gorgeous filled seasonal planters!!! Don't forget to bring your suit & relax in the hot tub or take a swim especially after a day on the slopes! Breakfast room is comfortable & cozy and has the BEST COFFEE & great tea selection!!! Grab a yogurt, hard boiled egg, fresh BAKED croissant & jam or have cereal w/ a banana. Love sitting in front of the fireplace in the Adirondack chair watching all the birds in the feeder!!!! Also, go for a walk on the Windham path which is right next to the property! Windham's #1 place to stay!!!

Room Tip: all rooms are good- I prefer 2nd floor
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
mrviennawindham, Owner at Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dana,

Thank you for this wonderful review and we are so happy you enjoy staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This hotel is a nice place to relax and unwind . There staff makes you feel right at home.
The rooms are clean, as well as the rest of the hotel, and the owners are always here
to make sure everything is in order.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
mrviennawindham, Owner at Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

dmanc721,

Thanks for the review and we are very happy to be your "Home away from Home"! We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

My husband and I stayed here overnight during Oktoberfest. We booked a mountain view room, We were given a key to a room facing the parking lot. The woman at the front desk area did give us a room right across the way. Unfortunately there was a huge tree blocking our view. Even so, it was just an okay view, you don't really see much mountain at all. The main complaint I had was the water. This hotel uses an Artesian Well. The water has sulfer in it. I went to brush my teeth when we arrived, and I thought I was using the wrong toothbrush that I had scrubbed my toilet with. I mean it taste that bad. Rancid. I had to use bottled water to wash my face, hands, in fact we bought a case of Poland Springs at the store..There is a sign in the bathroom that we noticed later, but seriously, I have a room with a jetted tub that I can't use. So if you stay there, don't bother booking it, unless you want to smell sulfur. My husband took a quick shower, and the whole room smelled like sulfur. The sign says that it is approved by Dept of Health, but not for me. It was horrible, so I wouldn't stay there again. When I told the woman at the desk, she immediately said that we could go somewhere else and get a refund thru Expedia. I booked thru Travelocity, but they do work with Expedia. But how did she know they would refund my money? Red Flag. And it was like I was upsetting her because I was asking a question. I paid for the room. You should put this information on your website. It was 5 pm, where am I going to go? Another thing was the pool. Nice area The pool felt a bit cold to me, but it was okay. The jaccuzzi was 103 degrees and no one is in their to monitor anything. I asked the front desk for the pool hours. I was told 10am-10pm. Check out is 11am, so how can you enjoy the pool? We did manage to get a quick pool in at 9:30 pm for 1/2 hour.
I did ask the front desk again, and was told again, that we can go somewhere else. I thought that was a rude response. My husband asked if there were eggs at the continental breakfast, and the woman explained what a continental breakfast was. Thank you for the definition, lol. Overall, the room was very clean, except for the blue chair with the big stain on the side. It's an average place to stay, but would look into something else for sure, especially due to the water, and the attitude.

Room Tip: i wouldn't get a room at the very end of the hall, no view, not sure about other rooms
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
mrviennawindham, Owner at Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Terri,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry you did not completely enjoy your stay with us. We do have sulfur water in the hotel as does the surrounding area as it is a natural mineral in the ground. Some people find the sulfur wonderful as it is very soft and wonderful for your skin, however it can have a smell to it also. We did offer to have a refund made to you through Expedia (parent company of Travelocity) as you were unhappy. The town is in the process right now of installing a municipal water system that we should be connected to within about a months time. Our pool and jacuzzi are open from 10am to 10pm daily as you checked in at 5pm there was a 5 hour window of when you could have used the pool, not only the 1/2 hour in the morning you mentioned. The pool is kept at 85 degrees year round and we are sorry you found that to be too cool for you.
As you will read in other reviews, Stacy is wonderful at the front desk and will help anyone to make their stay great, I am sorry you found her helpfulness to be an attitude.

Thanks again for your time.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I wanted a mountain getaway for one night. Enjoyed this place for several reasons. Although I was alone, the room I had was enormous! Lots of wardrobe and drawer space. It was also very clean. The King bed was comfortable, Wifi worked great. My room had a whirlpool type tub. Although the bathroom fixtures had some minor rust and the patio furniture was a bit old, all was very clean so those minor things did not bother me.

The indoor pool is heated with restrooms and plenty of towels. Although it is a small and shallow pool, it was suitable for my gentle lap-swimming purposes. I enjoyed it very much. The grounds around the pool and hotel are also very nice, with plenty of places to sit and enjoy the view. I also liked the fact that the breakfast area was open to the public all day and for most of the evening. It had a fireplace and coffee/tea, microwave. The lemon water and cookies in the lobby are also a nice touch. You can order a bottle of local wine at the front desk and they will give you adorable glasses to keep along with it.

Things you should know before you go: I do not think there is an elevator to the second floor rooms. You need to walk down and then back up a flight of stairs to get ice. Fridges in the room work great and there is a microwave in the breakfast room.

Room Tip: If you cannot climb stairs, let them know.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Lisa W
mrviennawindham, Owner at Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Lisa,

Thank you for the review of the hotel and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you get back to Windham and visit us again real soon.

Rick

Also consider these accommodations in or near Windham
0.7 km away
34.1 km away
Hotel Dylan
Hotel Dylan
#2 of 3 in Woodstock

Been to Hotel Vienna? Share your experiences!