All reviews community kitchen renovated room chia seeds yogurt keurig coffee maker outdoor pavilion adirondack gem next morning asked how the owner lake placid perfect stay whiteface mountain bed was comfortable continental breakfast board games mini fridge
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I choose this location because of the positive reviews, nice pictures and price. Little did I expect I'd found a gem. Stayed here only one night in August with my 10 year old son on a boys week long road trip. After returning home, having stayed at 2 other properties in New England, we wished we'd just stayed put here all week.

The owners were great, laid back, yet available. The rooms were very nice, perfectly clean and newly renovated (I understand they have not finished renovating all the rooms and are working towards having them all done soon).

They have a fantastic common area in the back of the property with nightly camp fires. The pavilion has a fireplace, sitting areas and lots of board games.

I highly recommend this property if you're looking for comfortable, clean, well appointed accommodations, run by a dedicated couple.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Paulyeatsanddrinks
Shelley P, Owner at Cadence Lodge at Whiteface, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you for your kind words! We loved having you both and look foward to seeing the two of you on your next adventure.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We spent two days at this location and loved our stay. Located in the middle of the most breathtaking places you could imagine. Close to Lake Placid, hiking trails, cycling routes... will be back again but this time with our dogs!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2018

My husband and I worked with the Cadence Lodge to secure room blocks for our wedding in July 2018. We met the owners, Shelley and Don, last winter to arrange the blocks and learned that they were in the process of renovating all the rooms of the cozy, U-shaped motel in the heart of Wilmington. By July, the cute (though outdated) rooms had undergone gorgeous renovations, including updated rustic modern decor, complete bathroom remodels, and new everything.

For those looking for where to stay in the area, let me tell you that we were wowed by our experience and the quality of accommodations at the Cadence. So were our wedding guests, who repeatedly commented on everything from the comfortable beds to the cleanliness to the friendly owners to the awesome outdoor pavilion (with BYOB bar, fireplace, seating, TVs and board games).

This is an adorable, NEW, CLEAN, comfortable, convenient boutique motel in the Adirondacks that is extremely family-oriented, accommodating, and responsive to guests. Shelley's cell phone number is even on the welcome handout in each room ...seriously, who does that? The Cadence does!

The room rates are reasonable and affordable. The complimentary breakfast spread is above-and-beyond what you'd expect (check out the awesome tables made with maps of the Adks!). There's a small community kitchen available to guests - extremely convenient for group get-togethers outside or in the pavilion. And the motel is perfect for families, bicyclists, couples, reunions, or a quiet getaway.

Lastly I have to mention how very grateful we are for all that Shelley and Don did to ensure our wedding went smoothly. Shelley saved our butts a few times when we were stuck with flower delivery issues and a lost laptop, and never batted an eye. We were so fortunate to have discovered the Cadence, and we can confidently recommend them without hesitation to anyone looking for a place to stay.

These people know how to run a business, and it's clear that they love and take pride in what they do. Stay here once and you'll be surprised and delighted by the lovely Cadence Lodge.

Thank you Shelley and Don, Sincerely, Eli & Steve Conklin

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised with this place. The room was spacious had a great shower and the bed was comfortable. The staff and family that run the place were great. Although I didn't use it the.presence of laundry and a kitchen as well as grill for use is a plus. Would have no problems staying here in the future. Only down side is not.many reasonable places to eat on area but lake placid is only 15 minutes away and the drive there is beautiful along the river and through the mountains.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and i stayed at cadence lodge for 4 nights this past week, and i have to say - it was amazing. The room looks completely renovated/new. No issues regarding wifi, tv or hot water. The bed was out of this world comfortable. The lodge has a common area with some board games and tables to have dinner/ hang out at night. Also has a grill which we used 3 out of the 4 nights for dinner. We had our dog there and there were no issues. It was the perfect getaway. Would recommend it to anyone who’d ask me and would certainly come back if i get the chance.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple