“Everything has been thought of”
other traveller has booked this property
What's for Dinner? Seating for 10
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
What's for Dinner?
Seating for 10
Granite countertops, double oven, grill, large fridge, and incredible view!
Enjoy the scenic view
Open floor plan view from above
Relax by the fireplace and look at all of the light and scenery streaming through the windows!
Incredible Room to visit or relax
Custom slate glass bathroom
Iridescent glass pebble custom shower
Beautiful Vanity
Beautiful bathroom on the lower level with toilet, bidet and brand new shower.
Brand new shower on lower level.  Relax and  enjoy a soothing shower!
Snuggle into our queen bed after a full day of adventure.
Tranquil downstairs bedroom with a comfortable queen bed and bedding
Two grills with a side table to prepare your food on those sunny days!
Bring out the SMORES
The back yard is very private
Beauty, Romance and Adventure awaits you!
Relax on the front porch
Put the kids to bed
Oh yeah! Any time of the year it is good to soak in the private hot tub
Sit by the fire at night, roast some smores, chat with friends and enjoy
The home as marked from Whiteface Mountain it is really close
Spectacular view from the front yard
Mike Khon Olympic Medalist Display
It's the Perfect Home
Hot tub and dinning table
Washer and Dryer for your convenience.
Deer are abundant in the Adirondacks!
Hope you are luck enough to see on of our Moose!
This fox is taking a well-deserved break after raising all of its Kits.
Olympic Ski Jumps!
View of Whiteface Mountain and the ski trails.
Sun rising at Whiteface Mountain!
Autumn is breathtaking at Whiteface! Take a gondola ride to the top and enjoy the views.
Oktober Fest is the first weekend in October at Whiteface Mountain.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
djwtug
Acushnet, Massachusetts
“Everything has been thought of”
Reviewed 5 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Truly a great house to spend time in. I could not think of anything else that the house needed. It was very comfortable and meticulously cleaned our whole party really enjoyed our stay. We went to lake placid as our friend competed in the IRONMAN and if we return to lake placid this accommodation would be the first on our list. When you book here you will not be disappointed.
Thank you Todd and Kim and thank you to Kim the caretaker.

Liked best: The kitchen area
Liked least: Honestly nothing
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
adrienne...
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Perfect summer getaway”
Reviewed 27 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

I travelled to Wilmington with five family members and two dogs in order to attend the Wilmington Whiteface bike race. We were looking for a big house to rent where we could BBQ, relax, and enjoy the mountains for a few days. This house hit the mark, with a bonus of outdoor hot tub and giant kitchen. Very clean property. It was nice that each couple had their own bathroom. The yard was spacious and we enjoyed the outdoor fire pit. Location was perfect for us, as the race went right by the house and the finish line was around the corner. The owners were easy to deal with, prompt to respond, and friendly. The oven was broken during our week there, but they ensured we had a toaster oven available. Who needs an oven anyway, when you have a BBQ at the ready?? I'd recommend this vacation rental to anyone and hope to return ourselves one day!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Clean property, scenic views, nice outdoor space to enjoy.
Liked least: Only three rolls of toilet paper for the whole house over a 5 day stay.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Andrew S
“A beautiful chalet”
Reviewed 21 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

My partner and I stayed at this delightful chalet located in the astounding surroundings of the Adirondack Mountains. The chalet was spotlessly clean and has all amenities for a very comfortable experience. We were made to feel very welcome by the owners and would highly recommend the Olympic Dreams Chalet to anyone looking for a great place to stay in the Wilmington NY area.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
21 Oct 2015
Thank you for your kind words. Kimmy & Todd
IronmanLP
Shelton, Connecticut
“A sensational vacation home!”
Reviewed 4 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Everything about the Olympic Dreams Chalet was outstanding! The gourmet kitchen, hot tub, fire pit and comfortable beds made for an awesome vacation. The owners went out of their way to make sure that we had everything that we needed and that we were comfortable. I highly recommend this rental home for your next trip to the Lake Placid area.

Liked best: Hot Tub
Liked least: nothing!
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
4 Aug 2015
I am so happy that you had a good time running the Ironman race and enjoy the home thank you so much Todd and Kimmmy
Gregory C
Newburgh, New York
“Hated the house and dealing with the owner”
Reviewed 19 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

House has nothing for kids except a basketball hoop over dirt and gravel, not blacktop. No den or other room, sole place for family to congregate is in living room which seats about five comfortably. A/c is woefully inadequate and must be blasted to get even minimal relief. Charcoal grill is so small you will likely be cooking indoors and adding to the heat. KOA is directly across the street, in fact, the pool, play area and dance party portion is directly across the street. Two bedrooms are located in the basement with no windows at all, which I believe is unsafe and may be illegal and I am pursuing the matter with the Town. Air mattress provided had duct tape covering a hole. My son inflated it and after about an hour found himself sleeping on the hard floor. I bought my own the next day for $42. When the cable went out, I spent two hours with cable company trying to fix it, they couldnt and I had to disrupt my plans to meet them the next day. I informed the caretaker who insisted on coming over to try and fix it. While she was allegedly trying to fix the cable, she took photos of the mattress and who knows what else without my knowledge or permission and sent them to owner. Neither mentioned anything until after I left. I think this was illegal as well as being an outrageous violation of privacy. Owner claims the air mattress was not only brand new, but he tested it right before I rented the house. So the mattress I found in a bag with duct tape was not only never used but he tested the brand new mattress anyway? Had the caretaker just mentioned it rather than sneaking around, I would have invited her to locate duct tape anywhere in the house. I dont pay $2500 for a rental and bring duct tape to make repairs. The owner tried to charge me $200 from my security for this. It took two incredibly hostile phone conversations and days of emails just to get my security back. Maybe whoever used electrical tape to keep the a/c grill on tried the same with the mattress. Caretaker didnt mention the mattress when she asked me if I could be nice and start the laundry for her before I left. Cable still didnt work right even after the fix. She also claimed that there had never been cable problems before, yet the guest book mentions prior cable problems. All reviews in guest book are glowing, yet there are pages ripped out??? The house and the welcome manual are full of warnings what not to do. There is a sign at the front door reminding you that if you are still there at 10:01 on checkout day, you will be charged $250 per hour. Want to use the hot tub? There is warning on the rear door and next to the hot tub. Another warning on the toilet and fridge. Not real warm and cozy this place. When I arrived, I had two clean up two piles of dog mess from the lawn and noticed mildew in the upstairs and basement bathrooms. Yet the owner gave me a 9 out of 10 because the downstairs shower wasn't as clean as it could have been. After paying a $175 cleaning fee and having to vacuum, and help with the laundry, I had to scrub the showers as well? And what would I have cleaned them with, at least they give you a vacuum. I didnt complain about any of this until the owner tried to keep my money. When I complained about the cable, he stated that he couldn't understand why anyone would want to watch tv in such a wilderness paradise. Not only is he insulting by telling me what to do on my vacation, but why would I rent a house with no bedroom windows under that theory? Even the two upstairs bedrooms have window a/cs blocking the views as does the living room. Why would I pay a premium for saunas and steam showers if I should be outside? Under that theory, I could have saved $2500 and went across the street to the KOA. As far as the sauna and steam showers, the kids had no interest and they were a novelty I tried once. Not worth sacrificing more family friendly homes for. I also had to receive three Fedex deliveries for the owner. When I subsequently complained, he said he informed me by email. First of all, that email came after all three deliveries were made. Second, how does that make it better? He and his multiple signs make clear that you are held strictly to the rental agreement, yet has no problem asking you to do the laundry, take a few deliveries, overlook the lack of cable, etc. I would never go back here, even for free. I neither broke or duct taped his alleged $200 air mattress, the one that I found in a bag in the closet, which left my son sleeping on a floor all night, and which I had to buy a replacement for. Of course there still could have been an honest mistake, maybe the prior renters did it; maybe the clean up crew fixed it and forgot to tell the owner. But he claims that not only was it brand new, he took the brand new mattress out and tested it. The one I found wasnt brand new, so someone is lying. This was my experience, one I will never repeat.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owner ruined the entire experience for me/
Liked least: Having the owner try and keep $200 of my security deposit for something I didn't do.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
1 Aug 2015
We appreciate your business and I’m sorry our home did not add up to your expectations. We strive to make everyone comfortable by giving them a very clean home with amenities. Sometimes things happen which are out of everyone’s control such as internet and/or cable issues. We have not had problems with our current provider but apparently there was an outage in one of the rooms during your stay and we were glad you informed us so that our caretaker could come and see if it were something she could do so you wouldn’t have to be entirely disrupted. The guest checking in after your stay had notified us after they had something shipped to the home which is why we contacted to let you know if you happen to see a package at the front door. We understand your vacation time is valuable so we try to do our best. We also aim to give as much information online as possible so you know what is being offered before you make your reservation. Yes, there was an issue with the air mattress. It was inspected before your stay and was working properly and that is why we contacted you after your stay to find out what happened and work with you to sort it out. There seems to have been a misunderstanding about the cleaning. We certainly don’t expect you to clean the entire home but if you bring your pet we merely ask to vacuum any pet hair, clean up waste and also to clean any dishes using the provided dishwasher, and to start a load of wash before you leave which is all in the agreement provided online before booking. We will certainly look to see if something could have been described in more detail to make everyone’s stay more enjoyable.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing