“Good Italian Food”

Add it.
Carmine's
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 9 March 2015

My first time in any Italian restaurant I always try the lasagne. Lasagne in an Italian restaurant, to me, is like a barometer. If the place is authentic, the lasagne will show it. Here, I would put the lasagne at about an 8 on a 10-point scale. I've only had a "10" once in my life, so that should tell you something.

The food was great; the atmosphere was nothing special.

I would go back.

1  Thank eduJamesE

Reviewed 19 February 2015

I have enjoyed many meals at this restaurant in the past. They offer several things that that I especially enjoy... one is their house salad dressing - a creamy parmesan garlic - and the other is their house olive butter that is served with the bread. It is so fabulous! Their brick oven pizzas are good too!

The restaurant is small but charming. There is always a warm and friendly feel. Service is generally very good. Restrooms are very small but clean and maintained.

I recently used Carmine's catering and drop off service and could not be more pleased. What a class act! Very easy to place my order, very courteous, and order was delivered promptly, piping hot. The chicken piccata was amazing - perfectly flavored and so tender! The tortellini ala carmine could never disappoint - creamy Alfredo sauce, prosciutto, artichokes over plump tortellini. It was definitely the favorite of the party! They were very accommodating with small requests I made to change the typical menu for the party. I will absolutely use them again for catering!

1  Thank docmarten01
Reviewed 2 February 2015 via mobile

I was staying at a hotel up the street and we decided to walk to the closest restaurant, Carmine's would not have been my first choice, but they did accommodate our group on short notice.

Our server was very good and quite knowledgeable with regards to both the menu and the wine list. I ordered the frutti di mare, at the server's suggestion and it was alright. I found the seafood to be a bit overcooked, and the scallops were tiny. Some of the mussels on my plate had not opened and should not have been served. But the flavour was not bad overall. The calamari was very good and the highlight of our meal. No one in our party was thrilled with their entrees, but they didn't really dislike their meals either.

The price was reasonable, the wine was pretty good, as was the service. Can't say I'll be back, but if I find myself at the same hotel, I might.

Reviewed 14 December 2014

Went to Carmiine's with another couple. Both couples enjoyed their selections and enjoyed the time. Our server, Julie was very enjoyable and recommended dinners and deserts to us. Very friendly and her service was on time without interfering with our conversation.

Prices are reasonable and the Fruitti del Mare was full of seafood. You can order the sauce mild medium or hot. The medium was just right for our tastes. The salads were typical for most restaurants. The servings are large, so be prepared to take some home. I don't know where people make comments that the food is lacking in flavor. This is not your typical Olive Garden type, if that is what you are looking for. Menu is plentiful for selections. The table location was in one of the little rooms and cozy without being loud and we could carry on a conversation without having to scream.

I will go back for the Fruttie del Mar. Enjoy the flavor, and the service. Ask for Julie. You won't be sorry having dinner and an enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 10 December 2014

We stopped here with a groupon coupon. My wife had penne Palermo and I had chicken parmigiana. Each dish was only $14.99. Food was good, I would not say great. A draft beer was only $4.