“Nice restaurant in downtown White Plains”
Review of Hacienda Azteca

Hacienda Azteca
Ranked #144 of 303 Restaurants in White Plains
Reviewed 2 January 2015

We ate here for New Year's Eve - the restaurant is one of our favorites so we weren;'t disappointed. It was festively decorated, had a strolling singer, special menu and good service. The food is always tasty, the drinks have liquor in them - no kiddy driunks here! - generous portions and a great waitstaff. We were warmly greeted and immeidately taken to ur table - we did have reservations. Our waiter was attentive but didn't hover and we never felt rushed or forgotten. So much better than Lola's which is way to "American".

Reviewed 8 December 2014

If you absolutely must have a Mexican meal, this is one of two nearby restaurants (see also Lola's). The sangria is the best thing about the meal four of us has. Service is disorganized and the food is bland. Hope this review helps you decide if the low low price is worth it. I'd say "No."

Reviewed 2 October 2014

I have been going to lunch there with my co-workers for years. The restaurant looks like a Pub, and it is sort of hidden. When you go inside, it is a nice authentic place. Music plays ever so slightly in the background. The food is very good and we have our favorite waiter Milton! Sometimes the service is slow, but most of the time, especially with Milton, it is very good. The food tastes fresh and authentic not Americanized and the prices are reasonable. I haven't tried their margaritas as I only go for lunches. Not very crowded at lunch, so I find it is my little secret.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hacienda Azteca has been on Quarropas St in White Plains for a long time but for what ever reason we never stopped in.

The frozen Margarita was spot on, the Tequila Sunrise was, according to my wife, too strong. I don't particularly care for Tequila Sunrise but I didn't think it was too strong at all.

The chips were fresh, crispy and NOT greasy at all. The salsa was not the chunky variety and had just the right amount of heat - enough to let you know that there are peppers in it but not hot enough to cover up the flavor. I really liked it and ate way too many chips because of it.

I was a bit disappointed when the waiter told me that there were no tamales because most of the Mexican restaurants in this area don't even have it on the menu. I know that they have the massa so I assume that the issue was a lack of corn husks - but in mid-July ??? I ordered the beef enchiladas mole and my wife ordered the taquitos al pastor. Both dishes were served with Mexican rice, which I think are just empty carbs so you judge it for yourself, and black beans. This isn't Tex_Mex so no refried beans which is OK with me although my wife, who grew up on Tex-Mex in Dallas was disappointed. I rather liked the black beans and she dressed up the rice with some salsa. She liked the taquitos but I was a bit disappointed by the enchiadas mole - they were tasty - but not enough mole for my liking.

Since it is different than the place we usually go for Mexican food, we will likely return but probably won't go out of our way to do so.

Oh and by the way, the only parking is either on the street at a parking meter or in a municipal lot. The White Plains Parking Enforcement patrols the area so do bring lots of quarters and remember to feed the meter otherwise dinner will set you back a whole lot more than you planned.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is a truly authentic Mexican meal!! Big portions and great prices!!! Highly recommend... We had dinner and drinks. The food was fresh, delicious and fast. I would suggest this to people that enjoy the true Mexican cuisine--- black beans, rice and chips and salsa with every meal!

2  Thank Krissa B