“Pleasant surprise”
Review of Mediterraneo

Mediterraneo
Ranked #21 of 306 Restaurants in White Plains
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Having visited the one in Greenwich - I decided to try their new restaurant in White Plains. Once seated - I noticed they had a prix-fixe option - so I took it. Had the shrimp chowder and the lamb gnocchi. excellent choice. Did not try any desserts. Overall - liked the place and plan to return every so often.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

This is a find! The food is Italian-Mediterranean and every dish was excellent. The service was properly attentive but not intrusive. and the space is large, airy, modern and interesting. Prices are moderate -- about $70pp with drinks, tax and tip.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Reading the Westchester Magazine and their review of how it was voted to be one of the best in Westchester got us curious. I knew about it, but somehow it escaped our radar. As I mention in most of my reviews, I only try to write about pleasant and positive experiences, this was by far one of those. There is valet parking across the street at the Ritz Carlton, a nice touch and a great way to start. We were greeted by the manager, a real gentleman, who immediately escorted us to our seats upstairs. It is a beautiful restaurant, quite modern and the architecture is fantastic. Sitting at our table on the second floor, looking across to this majestic hotel, gave us a sense of being in Manhattan. The restaurant is nicely done, one can only imagine the rent, as it is obvious that you need to fill the space with as many tables as possible, but you don't feel claustrophobic. You cannot sound proof most restaurants, so it is realistic that it is a bit louder than one would desire, but still, all in all, carrying a conversation did not feel like we were in a loud sports bar. The service was impeccable as was the food. If you like seafood, it has quite a nice selection, not the usual fluff, but rather more of the unconventional seafood plates. We had tuna and shrimp, cooked to perfection and tasty enough to give me a reason to write this thankful review. The service was by far, one of the best I've seen. Never looking for a waiter or waitress, as they seem to pop up at the right time to keep the evening flowing. It's no more pricier than one would expect for such fine dining. I highly recommend it....it felt like a first date!

Reviewed 7 July 2017

We live in White Plains, we were checking out different restaurants for a "happy hour" one afternoon.

Mediterraneo has a good one. Monday- Sunday 4:00 to 6:00 1/2 priced house wine, beer and pizza. I had the Montepulciano Valle Martello from Italy and my husband had the Chardonnay Smoking Loon from Calif. We ordered the margarita pizza. Both wines were great and the pizza hit the spot. Delish.

Wine prices were $5 each and the pizza was $8.

Service was very good. Lovely atmosphere. We would definitely go back for a late lunch and more wine.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Nice atmosphere, friendly and quick service, good & tasty food.
Portions could be a bit larger, served very nicely.
But a good decoration is not food, it is appetizing and nice.