My husband and I spent 3 wonderful nights at this property. What makes it stand out from the rest has to be the staff. Every one of them is dedicated to making your stay as enjoyable as possible. The property consists of only 12 rooms, which limits the guest numbers making it a very peaceful place to unwind. The surrounding gardens are beautiful; plenty of Australian bush together with some immaculate lawn areas to lounge around in. You would never have a problem finding a place to relax outside, as there is plenty of good quality outdoor furniture on the property. Surprisedly the only sounds you hear are the birds and not the passing traffic on Caves Road. Unfortunately we had cooler weather, so we did not make use of the pool, spa or even the tennis court. Rackets and balls are readily available to use – free of charge. The gym room is small but sufficient with water on hand.
Our room may have been on the small side but it was ideal for us. We had a lovely courtyard supplied with a sunlounge – nice touch. Besides entering our room from the main entrance, we also had a private entrance from the car park. The decor in the room was lovely, using local products and artwork. Our only complaints were the hard pillows and that they need to restock the teabags, shampoos etc daily. However, I am certain that if we had told them, they would have immediately rectified these small oversights.
During our stay, Tapas was available each evening. This is an excellent idea and one that we thoroughly enjoyed. Breakfast each morning was a great start to our day. All the food we ate here was of excellent standard (and yes Sean, it was heaps better than the Queen Mary 2 cruise that we sailed upon after our stay with you). Friday and Saturday nights during tapas, live entertainment is supplied. We were fortunate to have Pete Warren entertain us one night, which gave the restaurant a nice ambience.
Windmills Break has a well stocked bar, including local wines that the staff are very knowledgable about. Also well stocked are local attraction brochures, maps and tours that are available in the area. If wanting a really relaxing time, a good supply of DVD’s are on hand to borrow – no cost involved.
For those looking for a nightcap, complimentary port and chocolates are available.
Thank you Sean, your hard work did not go unnoticed. A very enjoyable time we had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windmills Break is a luxury 5 star resort located in Yallingup Western Australia - part of the Margaret River Wine Region. A Full Gourmet Breakfast is usually included in your tariff. With swimming pool, spa, gymnasium, tennis court and luxury furnishings in all rooms - Windmills Break is a small luxury resort. The property is fully licensed and has two 2 bars with food available most evenings. Room service is available. Windmills is a perfect romantic getaway destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Windmills Break reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windmills Break Hotel Yallingup
- Windmills Break Yallingup, Margaret River Region