Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
patrick2042016
Perth, Australia

First and last

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Jan 2021via mobile
Peak summer holiday season.
Unfortunately, not too many food outlets are open at 7.30pm for dinner.
This place was crowded and had Gourmet Pizza! Gave it a go.
Definitely, not gourmet! Had the meat lover’s pizza - good crispy base but that’s all. Cheap ingredients and oily. Pink Snapper fish and chips- fishy. Found a review later - ? fake pink snapper. Could be true or not fresh. Food $57.
Beers $10.50 a pint!
Pool
    AU$380
4.2 km from Kalbarri Motor Hotel
View more hotels in Kalbarri
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 November 2020

I stayed in the motel part of the Kalbarri Motor Hotel recently and left disappointed.
The accomodation was affordable but ultimately did not represent good value for money.

The motel rooms whilst pleasant and clean are aged and lack modern facilities like wide doors and accessible bathrooms. The service received by staff was acceptable, but only just. It ultimately lacked respect and friendliness.

The accomodation experience may have been okay back in the 1980’s, but in 2020 it is not, particularly in the tourism hotspot that Kalbarri is.

Without improvements I would choose to stay elsewhere.

Room tip: Accessibility is poor due to aged room types.
Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 10 October 2020

Spotlessly clean accommodation across the road from the beach. The only issue is the noise from the pub at night, especially if you intend rising at 5am to walk in the gorges and need a good night's sleep. A toaster, chopping board, plates and cutlery and a good sized bar fridge are provided in the room - handy for making breakfast and lunches. Good place to stay for a couple of nights

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 28 September 2020 via mobile

We went here early for a family meal expecting a yummy pub meal and that is not what we got. Their beer and cider was not cold from the tap. The chips were dry like they had been sitting for a week. The steak was cold and grissely, could have been covered over with a hot gravy, but no, that was tepid as well. The salad was limp and not fresh. I definitely would not recommend this pub for a meal.

Also spoke with the manager, what an ignorant rude person.

Major let down

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 15 August 2020

It’s after Covid and I understand that they are short staffed BUT if they are short staffed, then they should have a maximum capacity on the people they let in vs the staff they have available . I wish we had listened to the lovely lady and the gift shop and gone else where .

We walked down at around 430 as we were told after 5pm we wouldn’t get a table. There was our family of 4 plus 2 friends. The boys pints were $25 for 2 which I think is expensive. They had run out of espresso martini’s on tap and only had wine on tap and no sparkling wine. They said we could go to the bottle shop and buy a bottle and they’d supply us with an ice bucket. We asked is their any additional charge to which the bar staff replied no. Well there was an additional charge of nearly $10 for corkage! They didn’t even open our bottle of champagne. We had to.

At 530 I got up to order the kids food. The line was HUGE!!!!! I didn’t have my phone with me so I couldn’t alert hubby or our friends that we should order our meals too as the line was getting longer by the second. Finally they came looking for me to see what was taking so long. Before that , the grey nomad behind me was so close I could feel him breathing on me. I politely asked him if he could please practice social distancing and not stand so close to me. (Not going to get him any quicker to the front of the line!!), he sighed and rolled his eyes at me. He then told his wife when she arrived loudly not to stand near me 🤣

We waited in line 35 minutes to order them almost 1 hour for our food. Kids were tired and grumpy , took forever for the boys to order beer... this place needs to have social distancing in place and have maximum capacity in place as they can’t handle the influx of people. Much nicer places to eat with better service and cheaper food.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 7 August 2020

Rooms are clean and beds are comfy and the amenities are satisfactory.
But if you want to actually sleep make sure your room is as far away from the bar as possible. Especially on Thursday night, which is karaoke night. No chance of sleeping trying to drown out the wailing with the TV.

Date of stay: August 2020