All reviews sand dunes dietary requirements other guests luxury tents whale sharks unique experience ningaloo reef per day long drop daily activities national park rock wallabies low impact every guest an eco resort honeymoon tent amazing location
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Do yourself a favour and research this location and property a LOT before you travel there! Including the weather! Essentially, don’t be and ignorant traveller!

I beg you not to go if you; can’t respect the environment, can’t live without mobile reception, can’t handle using a ‘long-drop’ (google this if you don’t know the meaning), can’t handle a fly in your face occasionally, can’t appreciate passionate individuals working in their dream location, can’t sleep with noise, can’t cope with sand under your feet 24/7, can’t mingle with strangers around the dinner table, can’t open your eyes and embrace Mother Nature at its best and did I say, if you can’t respect the environment!?!

What you see on the website is what you get plus a couple of extra surprises! Strong tents above the sand dunes along the Cape Range reef. A sky full of stars at night. Food to make you excited about the next meal, trust me sunset canapés are never to be missed! A perfect selection of guided and self guided experiences, including whale watching from the breakfast bar to snorkelling the reef 50m from your tent, hiking and kayaking gorges and a multitude of marine encounters.

But the one thing that will leave you with the strongest memories of Sal Salis is the hospitality! Every member of the team is truely down to earth and engrossed by their position at the property, you would never think they are doing anything but welcoming you in to their home and lives for your chosen time.

Sal Salis is not the Disneyland of the Ningaloo it is the Jewel in the crown of the Ningaloo and the owners should be commended for their operation as it’s a dream come true for those visitors who embrace it’s osmosis.

Sal Salis is the true Australian luxury experience! Luxury Long-Drop and all!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amanda F, Commercial Manager at Sal Salis Ningaloo Reef, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear S4Sierra, apologies that I have been slow to reply. I have been in Portugal on holiday and whilst I LOVED the great cities of Lisbon and Oporto and the monumental history of that country I HATED how busy it was .... there were just tourist throngs on every corner, lined up outside every church, even outside a bookshop (which we had to pay 5 Euros to go inside!). I was just another number pounding the pavement. It was a great reminder as to how special Sal Salis and the incredible nature that surrounds the camp is and why we must always keep the numbers small. I am so glad that you loved your stay and I think your review is one of the most quirky and fun and accurate .... thank you for taking the time to write! Cheerio for now Amanda! PS - Portugal is well worth a visit, but steer clear of September as it is one of the very busiest months.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Lovely people running it, decent food, great set up, not so great in un-ideal weather. Not sure the price is worth what you get as hotels in Exmouth proper can service the reef well which is why you are there. Great beaches, views, gorges, walks etc around Sal Salis, so it is worth getting a car to drive around and have a look at the region even for a day.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Amanda F, Commercial Manager at Sal Salis Ningaloo Reef, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Good morning - as I sit here the sky is blue, the sun is warm and it is only the second day of Spring. Sadly, you were not so lucky and we do understand how disappointing it is when things are not perfect. Being a true camp (and not a lodge) we do keep a very light footprint (being both something we believe in and something National Parks requires of us) but that means rain, cold and wind are not our friends! It is disappointing (for everybody) when bad weather impacts on our guests. But you are right, our surrounds are stunning - the Reef, the white sand beaches, the Cape Range and our team do their best no matter the challenges ...
Thank you for your review and for visiting Sal Salis, Amanda

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We had three nights in Tent 3.
From the walk in across the dunes, the very clever staff, the gourmet local food, the coral reef at your feet, kayaking and snorkelling with paradise all to yourself, through to waking up on the edge of the world - this is an unforgettable experience.
Wildlife and sea creatures everywhere you look.
If you are soft and need marble - book Bali - if you can understand the appeal of no wifi or cell phone signal and a full moon over an ancient landscape by the sea- book now.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Androooooooo (hope I got the right number of O's) .... thanks so much for writing and for visiting Sal Salis ... I think you managed to say in your last sentence what our marketing people try to say all year round! Love it! Cheers, Amanda

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I had 3 nights here at Sal Salis and it was one of the most magical places I've ever stayed! From the spectacular fringing reef and amazing marine life through to the excellent beach front tent, delicious food, exceptional staff and out of this world location it exceeded my expectations. Can't recommend this place highly enough!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank MarkFitzAU
Amanda F, Commercial Manager at Sal Salis Ningaloo Reef, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thanks so much, Mark, both for visiting Sal Salis and for writing a review for us - we really appreciate it. And we are super pleased you loved your stay at Sal Salis!! Cheers, Amanda and the Sal Salis crew

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Everything about our stay was perfect! The staff were all amazing, the location and the views (especially from the honeymoon tent!) were superb and the accomodation and food was outstanding. I would highly recommend Sal Salis to anyone, and would definitely come back. All the staff were so welcoming, accomodating, friendly and knowledgeable, but particular thanks to Louise, Noosh and Simmo.

Room tip: Honeymoon tent has the best views I think
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Amanda F, Commercial Manager at Sal Salis Ningaloo Reef, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Hi Nikki030 - thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate your taking the time to write and your coming to stay with us at Sal Salis. The team, particularly Nush and Simmo are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we would love to welcome you back again one day! Amanda