Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We came just to see the whale sharks and wanted some basic accomodation, nothing fancy, but we didn’t expect the dirtiness that is Exmouth YHA/Potshot. We were upgraded to a family room...this just meant the room had more beds than we needed (queen bed and 2 bunk beds). It was very dirty, very dark, the walls and floor sticky, the bathroom and shower smelt of urine, the bed sheets seemed musty and the worst thing is we got bed bugs!! Now we are covered in bites and they are extremely itchy. DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE UNLESS YOU WANT BED BUGS!!!

The rest of the place was pretty awful as well, the kitchen area was miserable, just concrete slabs and the bar area everyone was just drinking their sorrows away and it was very loud. They gave us some cutlery and plates...they looked so worn and dirty we did not touch them.

Please either pay a bit more or camp, it’s better than staying at this place.!!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Worst hostel I stayed at in all of Australia. Everything about it was gross. The walls were metal, and the toilet was from the 1950's. The door broke and the key didn't work like 5 times. Nice front desk people though. The kitchen utensils were bought at the same time as the toilet, the 1950's, and they haven't been cleaned since. Nice restaurant and patio. It had a tv and that was nice, and a mini fridge.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

This place, especially for a hostel, is not cheap at all. I was paying over $80 a night, and the room I was given literally had tin walls and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years, it was disgusting! After my shower I had to wash my feet again cos the floor had made them so dirty and I didn't want all that dirt going into my bed. Even as you enter the main entrance of the car park, the big sign over it (which should say "Potshot Hotel") is broken and has letters missing. I have stayed in huts in the rainforest that have been nicer than this. Would never stay here again, no matter what.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2017

It wasn't the best YHA hostel I have stayed in. Rooms were clean, air conditioning was good and pool was nice. However you only got wifi if a YHA member, otherwise it was $25 for 24hrs which is completely unreasonable.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights with friends in a 6 bed dorm. The room was fairly spacious although quite hot (no a/c). We had our own bathroom - shower was hot but slightly lacking in terms of power. The bathroom didn't get cleaned while we were there. The bar and restaurant was nice with really good food. No guest wifi. I would probably stay here again despite the down sides.

Date of stay: October 2016