Hotels.com
Priceline
All reviews whalers restaurant deluxe villa washing machine car hire outdoor bbq excellent place to stay the kitchen on site restaurant self contained bedroom unit pool area definitely stay here again in town great restaurant stayed for nights family holiday visiting exmouth
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2023

I was looking forward to staying at Exmouth Escape Resort as it was the only place that I had booked for our holiday that had an onsite restaurant. The restaurant prices were a bit expensive for dinner, but we ordered some items from the poolside menu to take back to the unit and these were a bit cheaper. The food was quite yummy and the portion sizes were reasonably generous.
The two- bedroom unit was comfortable for our group of 4 adults. We stayed for two nights and did a trip to Yardie Creek and a whale shark swim with Three Islands Whaleshark Dive which was awesome.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Exmouth Resort, General Manager at Exmouth Escape Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2023

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we are so glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay! There is so much to see and do here in Exmouth. The restaurant is a separate entity from the resort, but we will make sure to share your feedback with the team as well. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2023

Disappointing, Appalling,
We go to Exmouth every year for our family vacation, and we always stay at Exmouth Escape as it has always been clean, tidy and comfortable, but my god hasn't it gone downhill in the past 12 months.
First impressions when you drive in are good, well maintained and tidy, but when it comes to the unit the sink wasn't clean, there are stains all over the couch, the rangehood literally had fat dripping of it (we had to wipe the stove and clean the splash back before we could use it), the cupboards are in disrepair, there were potato chips and fingernails under the cushions, the exhaust fans need cleaning in both bathrooms and the outside lights don't work.
Other things we noticed was the electric frying pan needs to be thrown out and replace and the floors need a good clean, I had my son go around with the dustpan and brush and sweep up the dead cockroaches.
The office staff are good and happy to help except one, a blonde lass with a foreign accent, she thinks she is better than she actually is and needs to open her mouth when she talks and not through clenched teeth, we did not eat at Whalers this time as the menu is now getting too expensive, but I have no doubt it would be the same high standards we have experienced in the past
Summary,
Exmouth is always enjoyable, but it was the accommodation that was the downfall and definitely needs a revamp for the price. We will always go back to Exmouth but will look at alternative accommodation elsewhere.
Thank you.

Room tip: The grounds and quiet and safe for families with young children
Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Jeff,

It is lovely to speak with you again.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your stay, and we appreciate your feedback.

We do pride ourselves on offering our guests a memorable stay here in Exmouth and doing our best to assist with our guest’s needs, this is including booking once in a life time tours, offering car hire to see all Exmouth has to offer, as well as assisting guests with fun and family friendly self-guided tours that can be done all around Exmouth.

The mentioned state of the villa you have provided are not within the resort’s general high standard of cleanliness nor customer service that we provide.

It seems that we did not have any of the mentioned issues or complaints noted to reception upon your arrival nor during the entirety of your stay, nor during the interactions that did incur with reception, which leads to question the integrity of some of the photos and the time during the stay they were taken.

If there are ever any issues as mentioned upon arrival or any other issues that we may assist with during your stay, please feel free to contact our reception office immediately or please come in during our office hours and one of our lovely staff members will be here to assist right away and to make sure your stay is an enjoyable one.

Additionally, we do not appreciate you publicly insulting one of our staff members. The owner of this resort does not take this too kindly either and this can be seen as defamation to character to our lovely staff members who have gone out of their way to assist with your general inquiries and booking you into local tours and even were able to offer these tours at discounted rates for being a guest at the resort.

We do feel that we have provided a quality experience and have held up to our standards, however we will make sure to share your concerns with our housekeeping supervisors to ensure that our standards are being met at all times and we are able to offer a quality experience to all our guests.

Reviewed 22 June 2023 via mobile

We had a 2 bedroom unit. It was clean & well maintained, parking onsite, with its own washing machine & dishwasher. Even though the resort was full, our room, 24b, was quiet. We stayed for 10 days, longer than most visitors.

The room is self contained, with linen & towels changed every 3 days, which is fine with us. Excellent beds, pillows, & shower. There is a table & BBQ at the front of the unit. The 2 bedroom unit has 2 bathrooms.

It’s a 5 minute drive to the centre of town. As far as I know bus groups to it aren’t common. No water views but not far to those.

The place may attract groups of visiting fishermen who could be noisy, but we didn’t have that problem.

Our only negative is the poor standard of recycling, there are only three bins, which are quite hard to find, and do not allow for separated recycling of cans & paper.

Whaler’s, the onsite restaurant, looks nice & is pricey.

Definitely would stay again.

Room tip: Ask if there are any groups staying at the resort so you can ask for a room away from them. You might want to take your own groceries.
Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Exmouth Resort, General Manager at Exmouth Escape Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2023

We always enjoy hearing what our customers have to say, Mark! We’re glad we could be of service and appreciate the kind words and we are glad to have provided a memorable experience!

Unfortunately, there are not a lot of options available in Exmouth for recycling at the moment and the closest recycling center is in Karratha. We do pay additional for our recycling bins on site to provide better options for our guests and to help ease the strain on the environment. Unfortunately, at the moment it is only offered for aluminum cans, glass, and plastic bottles, but we look forward to new recycling options coming to Exmouth soon! If there are ever any issues that we may assist with or if you are in need of anything during your stay, please feel free to contact our reception office or please come in during our office hours and one of our lovely staff members will be here to assist.

Reviewed 12 May 2023

What an amazing way to end a long and tiring work trip. Well appointed cabin, super clean and comfortable.. The shower was perfect! The kitchen has everything you could possibly need plus there is a BBQ too. The staff have amazing customer service, so friendly, efficient and knowledgeable.

Was truly a pleasure to spend a night here.

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Exmouth Resort, General Manager at Exmouth Escape Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2023

Hi Tartlet77,
Greetings from Exmouth Escape Resort. Thank you for your lovely review, we appreciate your feedback and are very happy you had an amazing stay with us.
We hope to see you again.

Kind Regards
The Exmouth Escape Team

Reviewed 9 May 2023

Customer service was the poorest I had experienced by any hotel in 3 months of travel around Australia. A long story but the fact is the hotel charged me for a 6 night stay, when I only stayed for 5 & they were advised of this in writing & by telephone well in advance of the cancellation/change deadline. I phoned & emailed & added additional days to my original stay with the hotel direct but the booking.com app was unable to make the date change to my booking, saying that there was no availability at the hotel for my revised dates, when in fact there was as I had confirmed this with the hotel. I asked the hotel for assistance in facilitating the change to my booking which they said they could not do & as a result I was charged a night more than I stayed. When raised formally with the hotel on arrival, I was advised that I would not get a refund as I was told to change the date via the booking .com app. They were not interested in the fact that their hotel system and booking .com were not synching & I paid a penalty for that. I had added additional nights to the front end of my stay that I was charged a higher price for than the booking.com price & staff member, Gloria, told me that I should have had a price match offered when I booked direct, but I was too late for any redress because I could not change my dates via the app. I had issues booking a car direct with the resort, first being told I could have a large car for 3 days. The next day I was emailed that there were no large cars, only a small car. When the booking came through it was only for 2 days not 3 & I had to contact them again to reconfirm the 3 days. Ironically, when we picked up the hire car, they advised us that we were getting a free upgrade to a large car. It was only when I requested a formal response to my overcharge complaint from management was I advised that the free upgrade was some recompense for my issues. I am still $330 out of pocket. The administration at this hotel is the worst I have experienced in 3 months of travel in Australia. There is no “going the extra mile” for their customers, they apply the rule book to the letter & there is no scope for discretion. The reception staff training is inadequate, administration is poor & it is left to the customer to pick up all the loose ends and pay the consequences for their poor quality systems & training. I even found the personal contract details, including name, address, telephone number, drivers licence details and part credit card details of a previous guest in the hire car we had. I hope they were more careful with my details. I have read other poor reviews from customers on this website & their experiences seem to have been similar to mine. On top of that the resort is furthest away from the town centre, so if you don’t have a car on arrival, you have a long hot 35 minute walk for the services. The resort claims to be 4 and a half stars. I don’t know who rated them that. The crockery & outdoor dining table were in need of replacement for such a high star rating, The selling point for this place is the great restaurant on site, which was moved from the town, I believe, to the resort when it was built. It is independent of the hotel but the quality of product and service from the restaurant, was excellent. The staff there could teach the hotel a lot about customer service. They were flexible & used discretion to meet customer needs. If you are thinking of booking this hotel through a third party agency, I would think again and go elsewhere. They are not interested in having to pay 3rd party commission fees,regardless of the fact that you are an international visitor & have to use these services to book abroad. My advice is stay closer to town and visit the restaurant.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Exmouth Resort, General Manager at Exmouth Escape Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2023

Hello Jennifer, it is lovely to speak with you again. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we do value your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience with the third-party booking provider and the assistance of our staff did not meet your standards. We are glad that we were able to book you direct to arrive a few days earlier to begin your holidays. In regard to this particular booking, unfortunately when it comes to third party booking providers there is not much that any hotel or resort can assist with in regard to changes or date amendments as these changes will all need to be carried out by the third-party provider. We do suggest that any bookings should be made directly with the resort to avoid any third-party handlings, and to make sure that we as a resort are able to provide the best service possible. Our staff did our best to help advise several times this process for making any changes to your third party booking well outside the cancellation or date amendment policy. Unfortunately, no cancellation or date amendment requests were made by the guest to the third-party booking provider, therefor the original booking and dates stayed confirmed with the third party. Once inside our cancellation or date amendment policy of 14 days prior to arrival, no refunds will be available and all monies forfeited as per our terms and conditions that can be found on our website and all the third-party booking sites before booking. We also do offer car hire as a convenient way for our guests to explore all Exmouth has to offer. All our vehicle hires will depend on current availability. We do apologize that the original vehicle that was requested was not available for your hire dates, but there was another vehicle type that we were able to offer for your stay with an In-house guest discount. We do appreciate that this vehicle booking was made direct so we can better assist and provide a good experience. We are glad we were able to assist and resolve your desired dates. On your car hires pick up date, we had a larger vehicle become available and management in good faith offered this car as a free of charge upgrade as we understood the troubles you were having with your accommodation’s booking with the third-party booking provider and wanted to help ease the inconvenience caused by the third-party booking. We do hope Jennifer that you were still able to enjoy Exmouth for your holidays and able to visit all its destinations.