Lock in great prices from these sites
All reviews whalers restaurant deluxe villa washing machine car hire outdoor bbq excellent place to stay the kitchen on site restaurant self contained bedroom unit pool area definitely stay here again in town great restaurant stayed for nights family holiday visiting exmouth
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2023

Customer service was the poorest I had experienced by any hotel in 3 months of travel around Australia. A long story but the fact is the hotel charged me for a 6 night stay, when I only stayed for 5 & they were advised of this in writing & by telephone well in advance of the cancellation/change deadline. I phoned & emailed & added additional days to my original stay with the hotel direct but the booking.com app was unable to make the date change to my booking, saying that there was no availability at the hotel for my revised dates, when in fact there was as I had confirmed this with the hotel. I asked the hotel for assistance in facilitating the change to my booking which they said they could not do & as a result I was charged a night more than I stayed. When raised formally with the hotel on arrival, I was advised that I would not get a refund as I was told to change the date via the booking .com app. They were not interested in the fact that their hotel system and booking .com were not synching & I paid a penalty for that. I had added additional nights to the front end of my stay that I was charged a higher price for than the booking.com price & staff member, Gloria, told me that I should have had a price match offered when I booked direct, but I was too late for any redress because I could not change my dates via the app. I had issues booking a car direct with the resort, first being told I could have a large car for 3 days. The next day I was emailed that there were no large cars, only a small car. When the booking came through it was only for 2 days not 3 & I had to contact them again to reconfirm the 3 days. Ironically, when we picked up the hire car, they advised us that we were getting a free upgrade to a large car. It was only when I requested a formal response to my overcharge complaint from management was I advised that the free upgrade was some recompense for my issues. I am still $330 out of pocket. The administration at this hotel is the worst I have experienced in 3 months of travel in Australia. There is no “going the extra mile” for their customers, they apply the rule book to the letter & there is no scope for discretion. The reception staff training is inadequate, administration is poor & it is left to the customer to pick up all the loose ends and pay the consequences for their poor quality systems & training. I even found the personal contract details, including name, address, telephone number, drivers licence details and part credit card details of a previous guest in the hire car we had. I hope they were more careful with my details. I have read other poor reviews from customers on this website & their experiences seem to have been similar to mine. On top of that the resort is furthest away from the town centre, so if you don’t have a car on arrival, you have a long hot 35 minute walk for the services. The resort claims to be 4 and a half stars. I don’t know who rated them that. The crockery & outdoor dining table were in need of replacement for such a high star rating, The selling point for this place is the great restaurant on site, which was moved from the town, I believe, to the resort when it was built. It is independent of the hotel but the quality of product and service from the restaurant, was excellent. The staff there could teach the hotel a lot about customer service. They were flexible & used discretion to meet customer needs. If you are thinking of booking this hotel through a third party agency, I would think again and go elsewhere. They are not interested in having to pay 3rd party commission fees,regardless of the fact that you are an international visitor & have to use these services to book abroad. My advice is stay closer to town and visit the restaurant.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Exmouth Resort, General Manager at Exmouth Escape Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2023

Hello Jennifer, it is lovely to speak with you again. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we do value your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience with the third-party booking provider and the assistance of our staff did not meet your standards. We are glad that we were able to book you direct to arrive a few days earlier to begin your holidays. In regard to this particular booking, unfortunately when it comes to third party booking providers there is not much that any hotel or resort can assist with in regard to changes or date amendments as these changes will all need to be carried out by the third-party provider. We do suggest that any bookings should be made directly with the resort to avoid any third-party handlings, and to make sure that we as a resort are able to provide the best service possible. Our staff did our best to help advise several times this process for making any changes to your third party booking well outside the cancellation or date amendment policy. Unfortunately, no cancellation or date amendment requests were made by the guest to the third-party booking provider, therefor the original booking and dates stayed confirmed with the third party. Once inside our cancellation or date amendment policy of 14 days prior to arrival, no refunds will be available and all monies forfeited as per our terms and conditions that can be found on our website and all the third-party booking sites before booking. We also do offer car hire as a convenient way for our guests to explore all Exmouth has to offer. All our vehicle hires will depend on current availability. We do apologize that the original vehicle that was requested was not available for your hire dates, but there was another vehicle type that we were able to offer for your stay with an In-house guest discount. We do appreciate that this vehicle booking was made direct so we can better assist and provide a good experience. We are glad we were able to assist and resolve your desired dates. On your car hires pick up date, we had a larger vehicle become available and management in good faith offered this car as a free of charge upgrade as we understood the troubles you were having with your accommodation’s booking with the third-party booking provider and wanted to help ease the inconvenience caused by the third-party booking. We do hope Jennifer that you were still able to enjoy Exmouth for your holidays and able to visit all its destinations.

Reviewed 14 April 2023

We stayed last minute due to the cyclone changing our plans.
Amazing place, lovely pool with bar service.
The apartment was perfect for what we needed.
Good location too, can walk to the town beach and aquarium etc.

Date of stay: April 2023
Exmouth Resort, General Manager at Exmouth Escape Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2023

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay! We hope that you are able to stay with us in the future here in Exmouth!

Reviewed 5 April 2023

Have had the pleasure of staying at Exmouth Escape a few times, and each time, I’m always very happy.

The resort is a collection of chalets that are comfy and built around the Exmouth experience; there’s a bbq to grill uk your catch, outside table and chairs to sit and enjoy your catch, a separate small freezer to store your catch…

The rooms are clean and tidy. Furniture well maintained and does the job required. Bed is comfy and easy to get a good nights z’s. The resort has a pool, with plenty of sun lounges and umbrellas. There’s also an on-site restaurant, it’s a little pricey, but food is yummy and it’s always nice to dine and then just wander back to your room.

The resort is a 2k walk into townsite, short stroll away from Whalebone Brewery, Manta Ray for a cocktail, and town beach is less than ten minute walk just over the hill.

I stay for work but feel like I’m on holiday.

Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for continuing to choose to stay with us here in Exmouth and we are so glad to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one! We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future !

Reviewed 19 February 2023 via mobile

Management needs to place a bit more attention to detail, especially for international visitors! It’s a hot part of Australia and it would so help if staff turned on the AC units prior to guests booked arrival. Then when AC was turned on, no airflow as the filters were so full of dust that it was nearly concrete! Cleaned them ourselves in multiple rooms.

We get that it’s self catering.. but some bottled water and some more ice trays would be so handy for the off season pricing.

Room tip: If your from a cold place, ring ahead & ask them to turn on the AC, even offer to pay!
Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your stay and we appreciate your feedback. We have taken your suggestions in for our future arriving guests during the summer months. If there are ever any issues that we may assist with or if you are in need of anything during your stay, please feel free to contact our reception office or please come in during our office hours and one of our lovely staff members will be here to assist.

Reviewed 12 January 2023

This is a paradise, a place to unwind kick your shoes off and finally breathe life into yourself. Its an amazing self contained unit, so clean,
staff ate amazing and they have a fabulous restaurant on site. The Beaches are the best you will see, crystal clear water you can only dream of.

Date of stay: July 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Exmouth Resort, General Manager at Exmouth Escape Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2023

Hi Lenagore,
Greetings from Exmouth Escape Resort. Thank you for your lovely review. We are happy to hear you were able to unwind and relax on your stay with us, it certainly does make a difference. Our housekeepers work very hard and do their utmost to make all Guest's stay as comfortable as possible, thank you for noticing how clean the apartment was.
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed Whalers Restaurant, it is a very popular restaurant
Exmouth has so much to offer, very beautiful place, we are glad you enjoyed your experience here.
We hope you will come stay with us again.
Happy Travels