“Superb experience.”
Review of Dive Ningaloo

Dive Ningaloo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We specialise in small groups, personal service, and of course diving in the best, remote areas, exploring World Heritage Marine Park. Dive Ningaloo is a locally owned and operated business that has evolved from a lifetime of diving, snorkeling, boating, marine biology, conservation, and almost anything to do with the ocean really! We pride ourselves on being a small, flexible dive school run by dive professionals with a real passion for what we do (we even dive on our days off!). We have been diving on the Ningaloo for over 20 years, and have more local experience and expertise than anyone else, to share with you.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Reading some of the negative reviews below is quite funny. It's a classic example of people misdirecting their annoyance away from themselves. Most seem to whine about factors that reflect their own incompetence or not having asked for help they needed it. One was ill; only a fool would dive ignoring the multiple warnings not to do so. The others moan about certain aspects of the dives that are facts of life: see below for my review of Navy Pier which is businesslike for a reason.

For my part: I went to Exmouth with 12 dives to my name having recently done the OW20 in Perth. I did four days; two on Ningaloo reef, one at Murion Islands and one on the Navy Pier. They were all fantastic in varied ways.

I could whinge about the visibility being less than usual due to a cyclone that had passed the prior week and churned things up, but that isn't a relevant point, and at any rate the company were very clear about this before I booked. What you need to know:

- Really high standard supervision. It's expected you know your way around setting gear up and if are stuck you ask for help. This is because you're an adult. If you need help the crew are delighted to assist.
- dives are led by a guide. You can split from this if you wish, but the guides know the terrain and where all the cool fish hide.
- Murion: amazing corals. Ningaloo: sealife, corals. Both lovely days out and you're back in good time.
- Navy Pier: more businesslike: it's an active Navy area. Decent length dive with short surface interval; it's all compressed into an afternoon. But an incredible amount of biodiversity to see. A terrific dive.
- Boat: comfy, relaxed. BBQ lunch provided with a good amount of food. Caters to veggies.
- Staff: all lovely. I was with Jade, Cheryl ('mum'), as well as Marcus. Rose was also on one of the boats. They're all lovely people and very helpful as well as attentive guides. You can relax knowing you're in safe hands.
- gear. Wetsuits provided and optional for those who don't mind; water is warm here and its shallow. All my kit worked well. Defog provided. Tank generously filled to 230 bar typically.
- weather. Exmouth is reliably hot and dry. When you're out on the water it's lovely. The boat has plenty shade.

The dives are all shallow and pretty chilled out. There was a bit of current noticeable one day on the reef; another had a bit of surge. The staff are very mindful of your safety and if any concerns over safety they won't do the dives. Ours were all fine.

If you want a breakdown of the marine life, I saw these and many more: wobbegong, reef shark, cowtail ray, parrot fish, trigger fish, barracuda, catfish, moray eel, angel fish, convict surgeon fish, moorish idol, groper, lion fish, sea snake, a lot of nudibranches, lots of coral, and some dolphins and turtles from the boat.

I haven't got any negative points to make. Exmouth itself is quite a small place and the surroundings are very hot and dry, but it's got charm and a lighthouse with sensational views for sunsets. I mainly went there for the diving and snorkelling and if that's your plan or you're in town for a day looking for a dive I'd recommend these guys. The Murion Islands trip was probably my favourite.

Thanks guys for a fantastic trip!

1  Thank 321nostaw
"open water course"
"well run operation"
"schools of fish"
in 5 reviews
"white tipped reef sharks"

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I dived the navy
Pier with these guys. BLOODY AWESOME, it is a must for anyone going to Exmouth. Neither of us had ever scuba dived before and they made it all seem so easy. We had ROSE (Dutch girl and she was perfect, made us feel relaxed and convinced us we could do it even after a few false starts) I have snorkel many places but never seen so many fish in one place ever. Mind blowing. If you want to see fish and millions of them DO THIS DIVE WITH THESE GUYS. We enjoyed our first dive with them so much that we booked another dive with them for our last day before leaving. This time we dive the Muiron Islands. Another awesome day. Saw lots of cool fish and some amazing coral. I can’t recommend these guys enough. We enjoyed it that much we are now booking our open water course so can come back and do some more dives. Stop reading reviews, save your time and book these guys. You will NOT regret it.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank SneakyBoyQuinn
Diveningaloo, Manager at Dive Ningaloo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Thanks SO much for this review! You were in great hands being with Rose, she is a fantastic instructor and is so happy to hear you have gone off to do your Open Water Course! Your first few dives on the pier definitely have a lot to live up to and we CANNOT wait to have you back for some more dives!! It was a pleasure and thanks so much for booking with us! The Dive Ningaloo Team.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

A great fun and friendly yet safety conscious and courteous team. Whole experience was very professional from the moment I walked in whilst still being a great fun day.
Was lead by Jade on our dives and she was fantastic - pointing us to find heaps of things I would have skipped past.
A great experience and I highly recommend the Navy Pier dive.

1  Thank ClintM350

Hi Clinton, Always happy to hear you had a great fun but professional day out on the Navy Pier. Jade has a great eye for seeing things underwater so glad she gave you a good dive pointing all the marine life out. I have passed this onto her! Many thanks, The Dive Ningaloo Team.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

What a beautiful day! WE hot picked Up and didnt have to worry about anything. The boat IS really nice, Not to big but hast everything you need for comfort. The Lunch was good and u got free Water. The dives we're beautiful with Lots of Coral and Grey nurse sharks. Just Amazing. U only need an owd ,IT IS Not so deep to Go -around 14 Meter. The Guide was nice and helpfull

Date of experience: December 2017
Diveningaloo, Front Office Manager at Dive Ningaloo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Hi Jonas,

Thank you for the kind review but I believe we can't take credit for this as we are in Exmouth but hopefully you'll be able to come and dive up here with us sometime ; ) Thank you from the Dive Ningaloo Team!