All reviewsgames roomtoby inletthree bedroomtennis courtstable tennisfamily holidaywalking trackstay there againan ideal locationwinter breakmargaret riveropposite the beachgreat for kidsminute drivebedroom villaenjoyed our stayfree wifi
Reviewed 15 September 2015

great chalets. We stayed with family in 2 bedroom with room upstairs with extra beds.
Own facilities for cooking/coffee making. heating. on suite and 2nd bathroom with washing machine/dryer. 2 tvs beach across the road. bbq facilities on grounds. and walkwa

Room Tip: chalets facing the river have walking areas
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2015

We bought a deals voucher so were unsure of how good this would be but we are happy to say it was a good find. We were put in villa 27 which is a 3 bed ( but just the 2 of us) very clean, very comfortable king size bed , heating, dishwasher, TV, DVD and everything you could want. The staff were very accommodating. The gentleman I spoke to when I phoned to say we would be late arriving was great and explained where the villa was and that the light, heating would be on and it was and we were given late check out to 11am. The bay is in front of the resort across a road and the river at the back. It's nice and quiet and we hope to return.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

I'll start with the positives, location great, not on the beach but just across the road. Villas wonderful, except for the ants :-(. Access was close to the car park, except for the low hanging branch we had to duck beneath to get to the door (which did get removed after requested). The free use crab nets were put to great use for a late night crab dinner. All that would have still been pleasantly tolerable were it not for the very poor attitude of the manager and his seeming distaste for customers, or at least accommodating them??? Granted we had a mixup on locations and missed the checkin window (not hard to do when it is only 2 hours a day mind you). And given the attitude we were handed upon arriving late we certainly did not want to miss the checkout time of 10am so we had all of our stuff spread out on the lawn to pack the car properly when at 10:05 the sprinklers came on and wet everything??? At that a friendly suggestion was passed to the manager about the timing of daylight watering ESP at checkout time and we were told in no uncertain terms that had we been off the premises on time it would not have been a problem for us. Well, if not for him, we might return, after all its all in the attitude!!!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Timothy O
Bay S, Owner at Bayshore Beachside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2015

Normally it would be difficult to remember a guest from 4 months ago,however in this case I clearly remember your booking. Our receipt shows check in available from 2 pm. We als ask that you contact to advise if you will be arriving after 4 pm. It does not matter if you require to check in at 8 pm. We just need to know to arrange entry for you.also it's courtesy to let your accommodation a time of arrival.our unit numbers are very clearly marked for you to locate. Yes we chopped the branch off the tree just for you.
As for the sprinklers coming on at 10.05 am,the timing was out as it usually finishes at 9 am.I apologise for my comment re leaving on time.
I am so pleased you enjoyed our wonderful accommodations and the beach across the road.

Reviewed 28 July 2015

I adored this place - Bayshore Beachside Resort a hidden gem close to town but still quiet and delightful. Which was perfect for our late winter long weekend. I actually won a voucher for two nights’ accommodation but seeing it was just the man and I Bruce put us up in the loft. We stayed ended up staying 3 nights and I wish now I had booked for longer.
The Loft was airy and light and the modern kitchen was so well equipped that I didn’t even need to use the stuff I usually pack when I go away as it was all provided for and then some.
The balcony was brilliant to listen to the ocean or the rain at night and the gas heater was perfect for keeping the whole loft warm and toasty. The rain cloud of a shower head in the little ensuite off the bedroom was also a joy.
No down side at all and I would definitely recommend this place to friends and family and look forward to a winter retreat next year.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2015

A very comfortable well appointed apartment met all our needs. Our host was helpful and informative. Would definitely stay again in this great location. If you want peace and seclusion this is the place.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel