All reviews easter break close to town great spot chalet oven beaches
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

My partner and I booked for a weekend away which we were really looking forward to, but unfortunately had to cancel due to work commitments. My cancellation email was replied to promptly and professionally. We hope to be down in Denmark to stay at Gum Grove in the very near future! Thank you.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

We visit Gum Grove December/January each year. We love this place, great place to bring the family. The chalets are nestled in the bush but remain central...2 kms to town and 6.3 kms from one of the best beaches in the state

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
GumGroveChalets, General Manager at Gum Grove Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Happy New Year, thank you for you review and continued business. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to looking after you next year!

Reviewed 5 December 2016

I booked and payed in June this year one of the chalets for few days over Christmas for my wife, myself our mothers and our 8 month old daughter. On the 3rd of December I called Mark to confirm the booking and he confirmed it and wished us safe driving when we are coming over. On the 4th of December we have received a letter from the Princess Margaret Hospital that our daughter is going to be admitted for cleft pallet surgery at the end of the month. Although on the Cancellation Policy was written that the deposits are non-refundable unless notice of intention to cancel is given at least 28 days prior to arrival during PEAK periods, when I sent Mark an email requesting the cancellation he refunded the entire cost and wished my daughter all the best. I know that I am leaving a review not based on me staying at the chalet but I am leaving a review based on my conversation and professionalism of Mark. I hope that in the near future I will have the chance to visit Mark and thank him for that.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank mgo2000
GumGroveChalets, Owner at Gum Grove Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Hi mgo2000,

Thank you very much for your review. We hope your daughter is recovering well after her surgery.

Thanks,

Mark

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

We chose this place so we could take our little dog away with us
It is only 3 star accommodation but worth it, tone able to spend holiday time with your dog. Nice owners, great location, nestled in the bush, still close to everything that you need.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Kasspper

Hi Kassper, Thank you very much for your review!

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Two of us and our two Goldies needed a country get away. We found it at Gum Grove.
Checked out Lights Beach, the local dog beach as suggested on booking. In fact we went
two days running. The scenery is spectacular and 'the kids' had a great time.
The weather was very cold so the electric blanket on the bed was appreciated. The chalet was clean, comfortable with a good supply of crockery and utensils.
The shower was hot and fast. If anything needs changing it's the gas heater in the lounge. Its an old model and not every effective. The TV couldn't pick up channels, but hey, 3 days of no television was great.
The bushland setting and walking trails are great. Would we go again ? Most certainly.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
GumGroveChalets, Manager at Gum Grove Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Hi Annie K, Thank you very much for your constructive review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Lights Beach, its a local favorite. We will look into the Gas Heaters and the TV issues.