All reviews easter break close to town great spot chalet oven beaches
Reviewed 15 July 2016

Two of us and our two Goldies needed a country get away. We found it at Gum Grove.
Checked out Lights Beach, the local dog beach as suggested on booking. In fact we went
two days running. The scenery is spectacular and 'the kids' had a great time.
The weather was very cold so the electric blanket on the bed was appreciated. The chalet was clean, comfortable with a good supply of crockery and utensils.
The shower was hot and fast. If anything needs changing it's the gas heater in the lounge. Its an old model and not every effective. The TV couldn't pick up channels, but hey, 3 days of no television was great.
The bushland setting and walking trails are great. Would we go again ? Most certainly.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
GumGroveChalets, Manager at Gum Grove Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Hi Annie K, Thank you very much for your constructive review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Lights Beach, its a local favorite. We will look into the Gas Heaters and the TV issues.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

The owner mark was very helpful and friendly. The place located near denmark city. Maximum 5 min. Eventhough there are things need to be improved it is good place. I wish there was more floor mats. Because it is possible to get mud inside easily. You got all cooking equipments in there. So no worries if you like to cook.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
GumGroveChalets, Owner at Gum Grove Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Thanks for your comments Damith D. I'm glad you had a good stay, and thank your for your consideration regarding getting mud into the Chalet. I am continually working on improving the chalets and your point about floor mats is helpful and something which we will look into.

Reviewed 5 June 2016

Being a single mom of furbabies it's always impossible to find somewhere that can accommodate us.
Mark & Kylie made my stay so welcoming from the moment I made the booking nothing was too much trouble!
Our historic stone cottage was perfect and everything we needed, we had constant hot water which after the long days at the beach we needed, and on those chilly Denmark nights the gas heater warmed up the whole cottage in such a short time keeping us all nice n toasty.
The Beds were super comfy n heaps of extra pillows n blankets if needed.
Location was a dream 2min to town center (best IGA in WA!), 10min to Greenspool (closest you'll get to heaven) & 5min to the most delicious wine chocolate cheese n honey makers in the south.
These days it's impossible to find the true country hospitality but Denmark has still got that true friendly feel, where people actually care about people and your not just a number or a wallet.

Thank you So Much Gum Grove for giving me & my furbies the break away I so desperately needed.
I shall definitely be suggesting you to all my friends & family and you be the first one I call next time we get the chance.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

Me and eight of my mates were assigned in Denmark unscheduled and were advised to travel the same day. We don't have anyplace to STAY WITH THE BEST PHONE SIGNAL AND HOUSE because most of the guys worked in Denmark were complaining about phone problem. Luckily, I never regret staying here, they have the best service, clean toilet and bathroom and nice bedrooms and beds. No nasty smell on beds and well-organised bed sheets. And only Gum Grove have that as I compared. As so every time we have business trip in denmark, I call straight away to Mark. Until up to present trips we have, I am staying here. Even with my family holiday trip, I like better to stay in Gum Grove.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
5  Thank Cioden O
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

My family and I stayed in the Acacia chalet for four nights. As the title states it was a terrible place to stay. The chalet stank of damp and the bedrooms stank of stale urine. There was dust covering the alarm clock and shelf, the wall panelling was hanging off, one of the chair legs was broken, the doors,walls and floors were all grubby. We have never been on a trip away where we wanted to stay out as long as possible so not to go back to our accommodation . The electrical appliances hadn't been tested and tagged either which I'm sure is illegal as it is a safety risk . We have read other comments on this site regarding this accommodation and the majority are saying the same thing . Pretty disappointing that they are clearly not bothered to rectify the same problems. NEVER AGAIN.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family