“Flight Proposal”
Review of Shark Bay Aviation

Shark Bay Aviation
Ranked #5 of 12 Tours in Denham
More attraction details
Owner description: Shark Bay aviation provides Scenic flights around the Shark Bay Monkey Mia area. We also provide day tours to coral bay, Kalbarri, Mount Augustus, Geraldton and Abrolhos island.
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Two weeks ago we went on a fabulous scenic flight with Lincoln. It was great to see how genuinely enthusiastic about flying he is and it as very interesting chatting with him about WA. We had the entire airport to ourselves (except a couple kangaroos ) and we went out on a beautiful champagne sunset tour.
♡ We also got engaged over the headset in the backseat:)
Thank you for the awesome experience and the kind words you emailed us after.

2  Thank SHIRLEY R

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We had the pleasure of an excellent return flight back to Denham from Dirk Hartog Island with Shark Bay Aviation.

Our pilot Lincoln Webster was expert and very friendly for our little flight.

He even kindly gave us a lift back to where our camper van had been parked during our time on the island.

Many thanks Lincoln.

Jim and Anna

1  Thank jaswindells
Reviewed 30 May 2017

I had a bit of complicated situation trying to arrange stuff without a phone, and with tours not reaching minimum numbers, during my 5 days in Denham. The information centre suggested a flight and the more I thought about it the more I was keen.

I had talked to Lincoln a couple of times over a couple of days before finally being able to confirm that I was definitely keen and available. He was great understanding my situation and keeping options open for me. Including that I got a lift to the airport with him (saving the cost of a coach transfer) and the flight was arranged for a time that meant that we would be landing just in time to check in for my Skippers flight back to Perth. Handy!

It was also great that my weight wasn't an issue as it often is in small planes and helicopters. Perhaps it would have been if the plane was full, but it was all good with me being counted as one person. I did pay for two seats but only because no-one else was flying and it's understandbly a minimum two adult fee. Even then I'm not sure how they were making money on the flight.

The plane felt very smooth through takeoff, the flight, and landing. Naturally the full safety processes were followed, including Lincoln calling out "Clear prop!" before closing the door and starting the engine, even though we both knew no-one else was around.

As for the sights, I'm sure you can see the photos already here and elsewhere.
Flight option 2 was the best balance of cost and scenery as you take in places that are quite a long way by road (Useless Loop salt pools, Steep Point, south end of Dirk Hartog Island) and I hadn't been able to arrange any land or sea trips to them - which are quite expensive anyway and are whole day tours.

In retrospect the scenic flight was the better option in any case, and the time on land (and sea) better spent in Francois Peron national park, visiting Shell Beach & The Stromatolites, and sailing out of Monkey Mia.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Thanks to Julien and Lincoln for a great day! Our pilot Julien was very informative and really went out of his way to get us the best views, even doubling back so all passengers had a chance to see the wildlife when spotted and the spectacular Zuytdorp Cliffs. Excellent day! Lincoln met us on the tarmac when we landed to greet us and to confirm our satisfaction. Very professional, really enjoyed our flight! Thanks guys.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

The 40 minute flight was nothing short of sensational. Our Pilot, Julien, could not have done any more to please. The flight took us out over the salt mine at Useless Loop, then up the rugged Zuytdrop Cliffs around the western most point of the Australian mainland, then over to Dirk Hartog Island then over the pristine marine park back to Denham. A flight not to be missed.

1  Thank Glenys S