“under new management... Ignore the 2 oldest posts. Great place!”

Murchison Club Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cue
Murchison Club Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cue
Perth, Australia
“under new management... Ignore the 2 oldest posts. Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

I was coming back from 2 weeks of work in the Pilbara and my company booked us there for the night. Usually that means staying in a runned down hole and scrambling for some food straight out of the freezer and straight in the deep fryer! Not here, the food was cooked to perfection from fresh ingredients (I had the herty Ceasar salad, cheaper than most places in Perth 10 times fresher!) and felt like a home meal.

The entire place (pub, rooms, restaurant, beer garden it's a decent sized establishment) was completly refurbished by the new owners who set out to make it the nicest place in the mid-west and they will succeed. Pub ambiance existed despite almost no one being there. Real credit to the owners they are working hard to make it a great place. It would be suitable for big bashes and wedding too.

Rooms were nice and comfy. The air con worked and did not make much noise. I find it hard to say more but all I can say is I slept well so...

I've slept in many roadhouses, pubs, "hotels", with work and this had the most charm, character and soul. Very refreshing. Ignore the first two comments, the hotel has changed hands since and it is in good hands. This is a good example of what needs to be done all over WA instead of all these old runned down places that are just money spinners.

PS I don't work nor am I associated. I just got out of my way and took time to write down and support a place that makes a difference and welcomed me to a high quality standard as a tired traveller it was more than I ever had all over WA.

Room Tip: they have room upstairs over the pub and doubles in a side building like a motel, I had this one and...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank ben b

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

When it gets dark you dont have lots of choices in the outback. Keep driving and you may find wildlife on the road big ones called cows. Choices become very limited Stayed in a unit out the back of the hotel. Room clean but fraying at the edges. All western Australia accommodation seemsto get like this. Anyway an entertaining local family nearby reminds you where you are. But no problems. Hotel has a decent bar and a restaurant area. The food was superb and the beer cold. Very much a surprise and would recommend the food on it's own. Cue is like most WA small towns dependent on travellers and miners. Have a walkabout interesting buildings and history to read. Will stop in again on my next passing through.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank D698
Kalgoorlie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2010

This place although a dreary look at country life was great, myself and 3 workmates stayed here for a few nights and loved it, The place doesnt look like much, and the bar staff had their moments but boy was the food great, A young chef from eastern europe somewhere, think his name was Christophe was great really looked after us, his Club burger best burger ive had over this side of the country in a long time and damn was it big, Honey Mustard lamb was to die for and his Citrus Snapper wholly crap it was like an orgasm in your mouth, this guy is way to good to be working at such a place!!!!!
Motel rooms were great, Manager was fairly Abrupt but she was a South African in the middle of Country WA, makes you think...all round it was a great stay topped of by 3 amazing days of mouthwatering food!!

Cheers Chef

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Marky1975
Perth, Western Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2009

We didn't actually stay here - despite having a confirmed booking we found that there were no vacancies when we arrived. Mary denied any knowledge of our booking and suggested we must have booked somewhere else. On checking my emails later I found that Mary had in fact taken our reservation. It didn't look too good, anyway.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2008

Stayed at this "hotel/motel" in Cue in late April 2008. OMG do not stop here. Absolutely gross. The hotel looks as though it should have been condemed years ago. Balcony looks very unsafe, outside walls looks like they have been attacked by something. Inside is filthy, worst bar I've ever seen. The dining room is a joke, grime everywhere, food appaling (a buffet)..like being in your worst canteen nightmare, aweets wrapped in clingwrap in fridge!!
We stopped in the motel!!!!!Very smelly, sweaty matresses, ancient sheets, cockroaches, ants, spiders.

Do not stop here, Keep going out of Cue.

2 Thank Felix999

Been to Murchison Club Hotel? Share your experiences!