Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Agoda.com
Fully refundable before Fri, 8 Mar
No fees just great deals
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2020 via mobile

Great place to stay for the weekend. Saturday markets over the road. Clean large rooms. Pretty gardens with tables and chairs. Friendly check in. Great Spanish restaurant next door. First Sunday each month has farmers markets in town.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Destination291436
Reviewed 24 September 2019 via mobile

The reviews for The Albion were encouraging and so we booked for our overnight stay in Castlemaine. We were not sorry as this place understands hospitality. For the very reasonable price of the room we received the makings of a Continental breakfast, with a toaster and suitable crockery and cutlery supplied. Everything we needed was provided and we went into the Hotel for dinner. There is a limited menu but we really enjoyed our Malaysian style satays with extra rice. On a cold and rainy night it was a relief to find something without having to venture out in a strange place.
This was a lovely place to stay.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 125lync
Reviewed 6 September 2019

I had originally planned on stopping in Bendigo but was running late and could not find anything. Called the Albion and they had a room free - very good news on a cold and wet night.

The hotel opens at six but they provided room keys at a secret spot (not to be revealed on the net!).

The room was clean and comfortable and WARM! so I soon settled in.

By this time the hotel was open so I had a beer - good choice of draught beers available. The bistro menu was short but a good range of Asian (Thai) dishes. The food was well presented and came quite quickly, especially as the bistro was filling up with locals.

To summarise a great place to stay - I will be back next time I am in the area,

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 24 July 2019

The welcome was friendly, the room was clean and had all we expected, and the bed was warm on a very chilly Castlemaine mid-winter's night. The nearby market and gold history walk were a bonus. I'd like to try the food next time.

Room tip: All rooms seem the same
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martyn B
Reviewed 18 April 2019

The Albion was recommended by my sister as she had stayed there previously. I travelled by myself for a one night stay, and met up with two friends for a dinner at the on site Bistro. I stayed in Eucalyptus Room. I loved the location, the quaintness, the outlook from the room, the tranquility, and the ease of parking. It was so restful! The bathroom was enormous and the room a good size. I'm fairly certain my room was the wheelchair accessible room.The bed was comfortable, and the microwave and fridge were very convenient. My one and only complaint is that the fridge was noisy at night, so I had to turn it off, or else it would have kept me awake. It defrosted overnight, and fortunately all the water went into the drip tray, then I emptied it and mentioned it to the lady in the morning after turning it back on. I did not use the heating or cooling as the weather was perfect. Adjacent to the bed, were floor to ceiling, double sliding doors to the outside, where there were a couple of chairs and a table to relax with a good deal of privacy from the shrubs. Check in was 2pm. The person running the hotel bar assisted with my arrival at 6pm. I found the dinner service charming,however the menu choice was limited and what we ordered was nothing special to us. For breakfast, in my room fridge, there was some fresh fruit, milk and cereals, plus bread to make toast and jam. I really appreciated that, but the bread wasn't nice-very bland, I was missing my sourdough! Upon check out, the lady making up the rooms very kindly showed me the family rooms upstairs above the garage. I am interested in booking one at a later date, they definitely seemed large enough for that. The family room facing the street was north facing and would be lovely in the winter, however I would myself prefer the family room facing south so as to avoid any noise from the road or hotel garden. I was allowed to keep my car parked outside my room after check out for a short period and that enabled me to conveniently visit the Wesley Hill Market directly across the road from the Albion Hotel (and open every Saturday). The market was a great place for coffee, breakfast/brunch etc. with artisan food and the atmosphere was friendly and country like. I bought some large fresh dahlias and fresh produce. All in all, I had a most enjoyable stay and I look forward to returning.

Room tip: Eucalyptus room is quiet and roomy.
Date of stay: April 2019