Carmencita is along the main auto road through Anacapri (Via De Tommaso), which is paralleled by the main pedestrian walkway (Via Orlandi). It is much better to be on the pedestrian walkway as it is much quieter. Our room was at the very front of the hotel, closest to the road and the scooters and three-wheeled carts are just so loud, as was the music from a restaurant/club nearby.
The room itself was definitely a bit dated in terms of the furnishings, but it was very clean and decent-sized. The bathroom was large for European standards. There is no elevator so if you have heavy luggage and you get the second floor (2 stories up), it's a haul.
We did not use the pool, but it looked very nice, like it had been recently renovated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gem of the Gulf of Naples, for centuries Capri enchants for its wonderful combination of blue skies, landscapes, sea and light: an extraordinary mix of nature, art, culture and beau monde which have acclaimed the myth of the Island of Capri for its unchanged charm, still successful between tourists and visitors from all the corners of the World. The elegance of Capri, the fashion on Capri, the beautiful life style... are all statements with a common and unique denominator: the charming union between the landscapes of rare beauty and the warm and radiant atmosphere that filter into every aspect of daily life. A cup of coffee or an aperitif in the famous Piazzetta, great shopping opportunities in the typical shops and exclusive boutiques, a boat trip to discover the impressive Faraglioni and the prismatic colours of the Grotta Azzurra, a visit to the famous Villa of Axel Munthe and a romantic sunset on the beach: Capri is this and more...! In this charming and uncontaminated Paradise, the Hotel Carmencita is waiting for you, situated in a central location at short distance from the island's beaches and the local bus stops, and the most renowned tourist and cultural attractions, an ideal departure point for all the major touristic destinations of the Blue Island. The friendly and familiar atmosphere, the professionalism of the staff and the modern swimming pool will make unforgettable your stay in Capri. Hotel Carmencita provide free wi-fi connection in structure and in all rooms for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Carmencita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carmencita Hotel Anacapri
- Hotel Carmencita Island Of Capri/Anacapri, Italy