1,283 results
All reviews steep hill greek night pool bar next year air con brother and sister old block take your time gyros great holiday rhodes town main bar hotel owner cleaning ladies small hotel boat trip to lindos all inclusive drinks
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Owners Tassos and Moss are lovely people and have brought together a friendly and very helpful team. Our ground floor room overlooked the pool but was spoiled by night long noise from a generator at the other side of building and just feet away from the room. However a move (albeit 2 floors up) was no problem and gave us wonderful views on both sides. Room was clean and comfortable. Housekeeping very helpful with extra towels etc. Xara on reception was a delight and a joy to chat too as were restaurant staff Paulina and Mimi who were very quick and concientous. Couldn't fault excellent choices at mealtimes and all well prepared.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank kentishlass2017
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here in june for two weeks we came last year it wasnt the same since the refurb the owners are only interested in making money not looking after the guests the drains over filled twice smell was horrible could not play your own music by the pool the water was very cloudy so told moss excuse was to much sun tan lotion in the water the pumps are not capable for the size of the pool food was ok cold sometimes drinks watererd down had to pay for air con and WiFi which we think is a con sadly never be going back to this hotel

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
12  Thank nathan e
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for a week at the start of October - the rooms were clean and comfortable, and had a fridge which was great for storing water and snacks. It was easy enough to catch a bus to the surrounding towns (if a bit confusing at times) and Moss was also able to hire us a car which I definitely recommend doing. Staff are wonderful - nothing was too much trouble. A lot of people mentioned the hill as being a problem but we found it ok and we got used to it quickly though I think some people would struggle. The food was decent enough, especially the outdoor grill area - though I thought it was a shame there was want a wider selection of Greek food. All inclusive drinks were fine - beers, spirit/mixers and some cocktails - and the non included drinks I felt were reasonably priced. We didn’t spend much time in Afandou other than a couple of walks to the beach (around 20mins) as there wasn’t much to do. Definitely recommend a visit to Lindos, Kallithea Springs and Rhodes town which you can get to by bus. All in all - great holiday!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alana M
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Just had our second holiday at the Rodos Star, enjoyed it so much have booked another stay there next year. The staff are excellent and very friendly, the rooms are clean and tidy, the food is very good, Moss the manager will do her best to sort out any requests you may have. Afandou it self is just a small town but does have most of the shops you might need, it takes approximately 15 mins to walk there down a hill of various gradients and about 20 mins to walk back up, Moss will organise a taxi if you feel you can't make the walk, all in all this is a great little family run hotel, we always feel very welcome there.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank stevenharper995
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

We visited the Rodos Star hotel at the beginning of July for 2 weeks, before the holiday I was looking at all of the great reviews and expecting a great experience when I arrived! Unfortunately this was not the case! Upon arrival at approximately 11:30pm local time, we noticed that the place was very dark and it looked like there may have been a power cut, this was then evident when the manager Thassos came out with his torch! (I know this is an unfortunate event which cannot be helped) however we were all ushered rather rudely into the lobby and told to get a drink, this caused some confusion because we expected a complimentary drink because of our arrival and the circumstances but because it was past 11pm the barman still tried to charge some people for their drinks. We were told that we could not go to our rooms until the power was back on but after about 2 hours he began to give us our rooms so the 2 hour wait after a long journey was completely unnecessary and we finally got to sleep at about 2:30AM.

The next morning I thought I would get up reasonably early to get a sun-bed, I was down by the pool at 8AM and every single sun bed had a towel on it so there was no chance of a sun bed ( now this issue was addressed two days before our departure but I doubt it made much difference after we had left and I’m sure there was all still taken by 6:30 AM.

The room was actually not that bad, the air con kept up cool considering we arrived on the hottest few days that they had this year and this didn’t need paying for because it was the summer months where it was a necessity! We did have an issue with our toilet a couple of times where it would continually flush but this was rectified within a few hours. The cleaners were lovely and trustworthy and always met you with a smile!

The Hill was a lot steeper than it was made out to us! Whether it was just because of the extortionate heat of 40 degrees+ over the first weekend that made it seem almost unmanageable but it was harder than I thought! I believe it would be better in the cooler months!

The island itself was amazing we loved both Rhodes old and new town and also Lindos was an amazing place to visit, we also visited faliraki and this was all done in the very easy to use bus service which was always reliable but then it was peak season!

He hotel food was very repetitive, however was always cooked well and had a nice taste, the outdoor grill was very nice and there was more variety throughout the two weeks on this part! The small on site shop also offered a good range of snacks and drinks at a reasonable cost! The alcoholic drinks was below par however there was only a small range of cocktails and for a similar price we have been to all inclusives that offer proper cocktails and alcoholic drinks.

By the end of the two weeks we were starting to think that one week would have been enough at this hotel, this was because we started to get bored as the same three pieces of entertainment from week 1 were repeated identically in week 2, and also the niggling problems were just playing on our mind! In total the power went out about 8 times during our stay each for about 20 minutes or longer, one poor guy even got stuck in the lift!

The best part were the staff, mimi and her dining crew done very well during meal times and were polite and pleasant, also the young barman on the pool bar was great he would provide atmosphere and remember your drinks! But the star of the show was christos he was great he was new I think and was just leaning English but he picked up new things throughout our stay and was always smiling!

Overall it was not the worst holiday ever but personally I don’t think the fact that it is reasonably priced is enough of an excuse for some of the issues! As for Rhodes it was amazing and I would definitely return but I would choose another hotel and maybe pay more just to ensure that I get the most out of a trip to Rhodes!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple