“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Webster
Southampton, New Jersey
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

Just returned from Webster, New York. We Had three rooms at this hotel and had no problems with it. The Desk Clerk was very helpful and so was the maintenance man.

We were there for a wedding and also to visit family. The locations was near to everything we had to do. I would stay at this hotel again when I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

We read the reviews and were only looking for a place to lay our head for a few hours between getting into and passing through town. When we checked in, we were greeted by a front desk employee who emerged from the back office with a look of contempt on her face and a snippy, "Can I help you?" We then asked to check in and were told, and this is an exact quote, "You may want to run your AC, it's going to smell a bit musty in there."

Wow...she wasn't kidding. The smell of the room was best described as cigarette smoke (We had a non-smoking room) and body odor. There is one saving grace to the hotel, in that the pillows to the bed were actually comfortable. However, when the sunlight shone through the curtains we saw food stuck and rotting to the floor from previous visitors stay. This was quite a send off and we were quick to depart, bypassing the continental breakfast which was headlined by a broken toaster and a line of other unhappy guests waiting for the coffee machine to fill their dixie cups. There are other hotels in the area...stay at one of them unless you absolutely must.

Room Tip: Priceline can get you a deal, but don't stay here unless you have to.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Webster hotels

Warren, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

I made the mistake of booking 2 nights at this hotel for my girlfriend and her parents. It was close to where they needed to be, and would be a short commute back and forth. Location is the ONLY benefit!

I dropped my girlfriend off at the hotel and got her checked in. When we entered the room, it was ice cold. It was definitely nothing special, but at first glance it was OK. Then I noticed the stain on the chair -- an enormous round stain about 8 inches around. My girlfriend joked that her mother would FREAK if she saw that, but figured she could put her bag on it and she wouldn't see it. (We're really not that picky!)

The fun started when my girlfriend and her parents got back to the room around 10pm. The toilet didn't flush. One blanket had a GIANT yellow stain on it. The bottom sides of 3 of 4 pillow cases had crusty stains.

When my girlfriend complained, she was told by the person at the front desk that they wouldn't refund any money because the hotel had been booked on Expedia. I called Expedia, and was told that nothing could be done until they were able to speak with the manager of the property. Our booking was for Thursday and Friday nights, and the manager of the property woudn't be available until Saturday. At this point, I'm not sure why that surprised me!

We could get past terrible, uncaring service, but shocking filth and a non-functioning toilet coupled with the service make this hotel my nominee for the worst in America!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Parksy52
Endicott, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

We traveled to the area for a softball tournament and our team chose this hotel because it was reasonably priced. That was fine until we walked into our room. Our room smelled of cigarette smoke so bad it about knocked you over the second you walked through the door. One would think that after smelling it a while that you wouldn't notice it as much. No such luck. It was embedded in everything in the room; beds, pillows, curtains, etc. We asked to switch rooms but we were told there weren't any and we were given a bottle of watered down Febreeze. After two nights of no sleep for my family, we left there smelling like the room, and will never return.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank d133
Earth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2010

I had a mixed set of experiences in several stays at the Super 8 Motel in Webster NY from 2005(?) to 2008.
The location was convenient for my particular purpose of visiting family members in an area where I grew up.
The staff was friendly.
The 'continental breakfast' was adequate.
The rooms were OK for sleeping -- that is, not too noisy -- *but only if* you had a room
that was near one end or the other of either of the two floors.
You definitely would NOT want a room that was near the VERY LOUD ice-making machine on the first floor. Room #111 (?) was across the hall from the ice-maker.
You definitely would NOT want a room that was both on the second floor and near the middle of the building. In November 2008 I stayed in such a top-floor-and-near-middle-of-building room. On a Sunday night at ~ 9:30PM, some rooftop equipment started cycling on-and-off, and kept cycling for at least two hours. That equipment was both inherently loud and had a mechanical resonance such that you could feel strong vibrations. Finally at ~ 11:30PM I gave up on trying to sleep there, checked out, and began a long drive home just after midnight.
ALSO: As another reviewer has indicated, the water was 'sticky'; it always had the feeling of un-rinsed-off soap in it. (That was not a one-time experience; I noticed 'sticky' water at each of my several stays at that motel.)

• Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank computerandcatgeek
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
4.0 km away
16.2 km away
BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn
7.3 km away
Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit

Been to Super 8 Webster/Rochester? Share your experiences!