All reviews only negative point beach service lovely beach the ground floor nature villa paradise sea jordi tide therapist jeep action
Reviewed 13 February 2017

There are only a dozen of bungalows spread out on the property. During the day, there are very few people on the beach so you can definetely relax on one of their lounge chairs or sun beds. The beach in indeed beautiflul and you can literrally walk for 100m and still be walking with water at your knees level. To get to the hotel from the port, you will need to (or should) hire someone with a wheelbarrel to cary your luggages. They will take you to the tourism office where you will wait for the Vila Dos Orixas shuttle. The shuttle is fairly frequent. Important to note, that it can get pretty warm in the shuttle (no AC) and the 15-20 minutes ride is quite bumpy (actually very bumpy). We thought the service was very good and at least 2 staffs spoke perfect French and Spanish, in addition to English and Portugese. The room (luxury bungalow) was clean and well maintained. These is a step in the middle of the bungalow which can get a bit dangerous after too many caipirinhas... The are osquitos and flies but its not too bad. In summary, the place if beautiful but since I thought it was a bit pricy and maybe too remote from everything, I decided to give a 4 out of 5 rating.

Room Tip: Luxury bungalows close to the beach
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

There are only a dozen or so rooms, each in a bungalow with most detached. They are well spaced out in nice gardens with a long swimming pool fairly centrally located. The beach is sandy and very gently sloping, so when the tide goes out you can walk out a long way. Because there are so few guests the beach is almost empty and there are plenty of loungers. Further out there is a reef and the hotel offer a trip out to the reef snorkelling, which was very enjoyable.
The hotel offers free regular shuttles to Morro so you can go there during the day in the evening for a meal. However the food at the hotel is fine, we ended up eating all our meals here.
We found all of the staff pleasant and helpful, including whilst we were on the beach. We really enjoyed our 5 night stay. It is fairly expensive but it is a perfect chance to completely unwind.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2016

The hotel is owned and managed by two Spaniards, Jorge and Alex, always present, attentive and amiable. Beatiful scenery, lovely beach, real paradise. Great pool. Hotel is located 30 minutes from the centre, but there is free transportation to/from several times a day. Excellent service, good selection and quality of food/drinks. Nice air-conditioning in rooms, very rare bugs. Prices are reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

We first thought it is a bit far from the centre, but that is actually a positive since you have a paradise beach for yourself and you can enjoy a very peaceful environment and raw nature! Fantastic hotel with free shuttle to the centre, great service. Rooms are actually huge private bungalows, not the best finishing, but very elegant. Great restaurant with very qualitative food at good price.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2016

The hotel is great in terms of service and infrastructure. Great pool, bar service, etc.
Rooms are big, clean enough and hard to see bugs inside of it. The restaurant is very good for lunch or dinner with many great options all of them well prepared. The breakfast though could have had more options (e.g. yogurt, more fruit options) and signs describing which one of the food are which makes hard to decide what to pick. The amount of flies during breakfast is also impressive and has disturbed me a lot. They lighted up some coffee grounds to try to put them away but that was not working.
They allow you to rent kayaks and stand up paddle boards however I didn't know I'd have to pay for it until I did the check out - no one said that to me and there were no signs indicating that - honestly paying for it doesn't make sense for me but that's ok.
Lastly, I did a message session with my fiancé but I didn't like the style of the therapist. The message was too soft for what I was expecting - I had told the therapist I would prefer a vigorous / strong message when she asked me.
Those were details but in overall I liked the stay and would definitely return.

Room Tip: For those looking for secluded beaches away from big crowds
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple