See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 September 2015

My and I family stayed at Village Paraiso Tropical during New Year's eve 2014-2015. Everything was fantastic! The hotel as such is gorgeous. Full of nature, clean and really well preserved. My room had a gorgeous mezzanine and pretty much all rooms had balconies and hammocks. It was great for children and couples, for the hotel is very spacious. Breakfast was absolutely delicious and the hotel restaurant was pretty good. Location also is a plus. The third beach is right beside the second, where all the action is, but without the noise. And also very close to the fourth beach, where we went most of the time for the long beach days, with food, sports and drinks. And the staff was very nice and helpful. Special thanks to the manager, very friendly and always there to help.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alex786
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I've spend recently a week end on the Village and I really like it ,staff was very friendly, and I enjoyed my stay in the room 252. Breakfast in the morning is astonish with all cake made internally and a wide selection of food.
Night life in the Morro is unique, there are a lot of party around

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lenhard J
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Never been to Morro de Sao Paolo before, and the island is beautiful (of course). Hotel was somewhat disappointing. Located on the 3rd beach, a bit far from the "hub" of activity and even farther from the port. Cost is reasonable as a less expensive option. Rooms are clean, but minimal. Huge swimming pool is a BIG plus. Have to walk a bit to find the larger beach areas, shops, etc. Service is good; friendly employees. I would've preferred to be closer to the shops and restaurants, although it's not terribly far to walk. "Workout" room is underwhelming - a collection of cement blocks and weights that appear to be from the first Olympic games in Greece!

HOWEVER - the breakfast buffet is OUTSTANDING!! One of the biggest spreads I have ever seen, and you will enjoy a host of Brazilian fruits and dishes. Who eats chocolate cake for breakfast? Overall, enjoyed the stay but probably would choose a different hotel if I ever make a return trip.

Room Tip: Small units all have 1 bed; choose the more expensive suites if you need more than 1 bed.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2012

A friend with a Brazilian wife suggested that we go to Morro De Sao Paulo, which seems to be a hidden gem - certainly as far as Brits are concerned. We didn't any Brits on the island and it seems that the Brazilians have kept this to themselves and I don't blame them!! Its an amazing island with everything you could wish for. I struggled with which beach to stay on...and was soo pleased we chose this place. Its bang on beach 3 - close enough to wander to beach 4 and have absolute seclusion and chill time and 2 mins walk from beach 2 and all the night time action. Brillant!! The staff don't speak good english, but we found that to be the case in most places in Brazil. The room was ok, pretty basic and expensive - but the whole of Morro is pretty much the same. It was a reasonable price for high season - but the grounds are lovely, the swimming pools are great (and the hammocks!) and its just in an excellent location. Would definitely stay there again...heaven!! Only downside - breakfast was a bit rubbish - too much cake and not enough fresh fruit, yoghurt etc - so not a great amount of choice...but it was no real biggie for us.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shantele72
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We were there in January 2011, and all was beyond our best expectations. Special thanks to Sebastiano and to all his staff as they really, with warmest welcome, made our stay unforgettable!

We were looking for a refuge to relax and re-generate during the day and have the possibility of some entertainment during the night. This we have fund fully at The Hotel Village Paraiso Tropical.

At Morro there is no better location for a holiday, and hotel fulfil the international standards with a good vocation to hospitality of the staff: they work very hard to satisfy the clients needs.

I’ll suggest this place to anyone wants to see Brasil.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple