“Great Location! The House was well kept and...”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Michael A
Jacksonville, Alabama
“Nice Location, Average House”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

A great spot right on the canal. At night, you can sit on the deck having a drink with an awesome view of the lighthouse. You can walk to the Fenwick "boardwalk" where you'll find stores, boutiques, a water park, mini golf, Dunkin Donuts and more. My kids (ages 29 & 30) found it easy to drive into Ocean city for a bit more excitement but my wife and I loved the quietness of Fenwick Island. Wilgus was great to work with.

On the downside, this isn't an easy walk to the beach. With young grand kids, coolers, umbrellas, etc... You need to drive across Ocean Highway. Fortunately, the house comes with a Fenwick parking pass.

The house itself is a bit dated. A few things need repair like one of the toilets and the basement lock. It could also have been a little cleaner. The microwave was disgusting and the last tenants left used a coffee filter with the grinds in the coffee maker. Wilgus kindly replaced that very quickly. We had a lot of trouble keeping the temperature at a good level. Upstairs was very hot unless we turned the A/C cooler and that made the downstairs frigid.

I've stayed in a couple rental places and this type of good location and underwhelming house seems typical. For the price and the fun times we had, it was worth it but if you're a clean freak, don't go in expecting the Ritz.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Air conditioner
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
kayakermo...
Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Location! The House was well kept and Bedrooms were large.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Overall this is a great rental and the price was right. We went there with our adult children and their significant others and one grand child. . The house was very spacious. I would go back there in a heart beat. I highly recommend it. Only about a three block walk to the beach. You can dock a boat there and the deck is great. On that note a couple of recommendations:

1. They were doing beach rebuilding the whole week we were there - so the beach was closed at the closest point to the rental. We had to walk several blocks further to get to the beach. It would have been nice to know that in advance. I really felt bad for the people that rented houses with ocean fronts on that strip of beach. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why Fenwick would do that during the height of the season
2. The place had a place to dock a boat - just no place to launch it - we had to go to the Marina in town (pay 20 dollars to launch and then 20 dollars to retrieve it) We had to find this out on our own. No one told us that. FYI - the launch closes at 4pm so we had to wait a day to put our boat in. Also there are bolts sticking out on the docking area in front of the house which could damage a boat - we had to fix that before we could dock our boat.
3. All they had was a charcoal grill - would have loved to have had a propane one.
4.It also says you can launch a kayak from the house. You can but you have to have very good balance and the tide can't be too low. It would have been nice to have a lower dock or ladder. I am a boater and do it all the time - I think it would have been hard for some one who was heavy, not used to kayaking or someone older to launch a kayak from there.
Other than these points - I would highly recommend this rental and plan on coming back next year

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Location!!! and the large bedrooms
Liked least: The launching facilities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
PA
Reviewed 18 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Older travelers
PA
Reviewed 8 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

IN
Reviewed 18 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing