All reviews play golf pro shop private pool tee box restaurant staff are golf package great golf course amazing wedding in great shape great lunch air conditioning pool side washer dryer arashi beach one happy island shrimp living room
Reviewed 29 May 2018

We visited Aruba in March 2018 and did a 6-hour van tour which was excellent. This is a nice golf course community with a spa, pool, and clubhouse. The facilities are open to the public for a charge. We walked the grounds and drove through the community. It was beautiful but not anything special. The golf course was interesting since it was lined with tall cactus plants.

Room tip: We just did a walkthrough so don't know about the hotel.
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ghislainedewindt, Guest Relations Manager at Tierra del Sol Resort & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Tierra del Sol Resort & Golf. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your tour at Tierra del Sol. We welcome you to visit The Restaurant next time in order to enjoy the North Coast view as well as our delicious dishes. We look forward in welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying we’ve been coming to Aruba since 2005 and have played golf at Tierra del Sol almost every year. The course is never in great shape but it’s a fun course and challenging with the wind. We had high hopes this year as we understood Troon management company took over the course and they have a reputation for making great improvements to courses. Instead we found the course in worse shape, fairways burnt out, bunkers full of water and weeds, and worst of all the GPS on the carts did not work. It’s nearly impossible to play this course without GPS as on course yardage is only marked with 150 markers. We went back to the starter on the 1st hole to ask about it and was told “they were working on it and it might come back on later.” It didn’t. Couldn’t they have told us this before we played? We brought our clubs but our friends rented and the clubs were not good at all. Usually we play twice while there but skipped the idea of a second round. Next time we’ll skip playing all together. We recommend you do too.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank barb s
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I love this spa ! Gorgeous location - I went for a quiet birthday morning with massage facial and nails . The front desk staff is so nice and helpful . My only issues were that there is not a lot of communication of the plan for the services . I ended up not knowing where to go and got slightly scolded at for going into the facial room before being invited in . Overall nice day but I would prefer more clear communication . Next time I would also plan services for later in the day and enjoy the pool area prior to massage instead of after . Also not ideal that the mani/pedi chairs don’t have the massager in them . The spa setting and front desk made the whole day .

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
ghislainedewindt, Guest Relations Manager at Tierra del Sol Resort & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Spa at Tierra del Sol. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the gorgeous location, the massage and the service of the Spa staff. Thank you for bringing some issues to our attention, it will be shared with the team.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward in welcoming you back to The Spa at Tierra del Sol.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

I had a pedicure done at the spa. When my friends and I called ahead to schedule, they said you got a pool/gym pass with any service from the spa. My friends got massages, I got a pedicure. The pedicure was average- they did not massage up to knee, not hot towel, no lotion. They used a blender with a sandpaper attachment that didn’t really work at getting off callouses. The paint could have used another coat- It was visibly thin in a few parts, and the paint didn’t extend into creases of nails. There was no UV light to dry under. No nice music, just awkward silence. When it was over, I asked where I could get a towel for the pool, and they said the pool didn’t come with the pedicure. I complained and they did allow me to visit the pool. My friends enjoyed their hot stone massages, though. And we enjoyed the pool.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
ghislainedewindt, Guest Relations Manager at Tierra del Sol Resort & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Spa at Tierra del Sol. We are sorry to hear that you did not have the best experience at The Spa. Your points are well taken and it shall be shared with the Spa team. The Spa menu features an array of massages and body treatments. Each guest that enjoys a massage treatment at The Spa can use for free the sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi and the club pool for the whole day. Unfortunately, this does not apply for pedicure nor manicure. However, we are happy to hear that The Spa was able to accommodate you accordingly. It was a pleasure having you and your friends as our guests and we hope to see you back on the property.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We rented a villa for a week of golf, beach and pool relaxation. The villa was ideally located right off the 10th hole providing glorious sunrises and easy walks to the hotel. A few problems with the place were not rectified by the management: broken window blinds and a leaking fridge, but the power outage from a rain storm was. And quickly.
The only unexpected thing was that the wind blows all the time. And hard. Makes for an interesting golf experience on a really great golf course designed by RT Jones, Sr.

The beaches are huge. And plentiful. But there is limited protection from the intense sun, so not many parasols or huts or the like. We found the pool at the hotel a little easier to negotiate. Especially with the bar and food service which was very good. The food at the Tierra del Sol restaurant was very average, and very expensive. But marginally better than the food elsewhere on the island. One doesn't go to Aruba for the food. They have to import everything so it's not fresh. Except for the beef which comes from Venezuela, but then beef for every meal gets a little stale.

Room tip: Get close to the Hotel
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank I2571SVjamesb
ghislainedewindt, Guest Relations Manager at Tierra del Sol Resort & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Tierra del Sol Resort & Golf and sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you had to encounter some minor inconveniences during your stay. However, we are happy to hear that you had a pleasant vacation at Tierra del Sol! It was a pleasure having you as our guests and we look forward in welcoming you back.