Villa Sunflower
Caribbean Palm Village Resort(Noord)(Great Value!)
USD 135
USD 123
White Beach Apartments(Noord)(Great Value!)
USD 207
White Beach Apartments(Noord)(Great Value!)
USD 234
Orbitz.com
Aruba Tropic Apartments(Noord)(Great Value!)
USD 91
Golden Villas(Noord)(Great Value!)
USD 193
USD 139
USD 89
Pauline's Apartments Aruba(Noord)(Great Value!)
USD 131
USD 118
Orbitz.com
Del Rey Apartments(Noord)(Great Value!)
USD 87
USD 63
  • Free Internet
USD 118
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdogs and catsminute walk to the beachstay there againoutdoor kitchenpalm beachexcellent locationhigh rise hotelsthe ritzwasher and dryermosaicsdutchmarriotthandcraftedpetsairportpropertypool
Reviewed 31 March 2016

First of all - Excellent location! Only a short walk from the best beaches, resorts, and attractions. Safe area too, we had no problems walking home after dark.

Rienke is very sweet & helpful - She went over-and-above to accommodate us and help us with any questions. She has 2 cats and 2 dogs that live at the Villa, and they are very sweet if you love animals! But they won't bother you at all if you don't interact with them. Important tidbit- the WiFi is free! The place is extremely charming - beautiful tilework, kitschy decor, pool area, and outdoor kitchen.

This is a place for people who are used to home-stays or hostels - not for the very high-maintanence. There is no hot water (the water is cool, but not unbearably cold. Refreshing on a 30*C day!) You can't flush any toilet paper, instead you throw it in the garbage bin. Our room also had no real wall separating the bedroom/kitchen from the bathroom - Just a screened room divider & curtain. So you should be very comfortable with your partner/family, or, be prepared to take a short walk to a nearby hotel lobby bathroom! (We did this many times for.. you know, #2.. Just to spare each other! Had to say it..) No big deal, but when you can't flush TP, we worried about smell.. So we chose to wait to use a public bathroom, though it isnt nessessary!

If you're okay with those things, then you will find an excellent, charming place to stay, near all the best restaurants and attractions, but at a sliver of the price of nearby resorts!

Tips - use sunscreen and bring cold or frozen water- then, from the villa, go left then right at the end of the street, past a small shed and across the field. Walk left down that main road to find restaurants and "mini markets" to buy groceries. It's a bit of a walk, but better selection than the "markets" the locals may recommend to you. There's also a shop in the "Marriott ocean club" where you can get snacks or fruit etc a lot closer but likely pricier.

Alternatively, walk across the field and through the lobby of the Marriott or another resort to get the the beach, the many watersports, activities, piers, bars and restaurants available to you. You can get some very reasonably priced meals! one of our favourites was "Moomba beach" for their smoothies and breakfast buffet.
Enjoy your trip, we did!

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

Last year I quit my job to go on a trip around the world, I went to 30 countries and this was by far one of my most memorable travel experiences because I stayed at the sunflower villa, I met the owner and after traveling for so long, this place made me feel at home!
Rienke the owner is a lovely Dutch lady Who responded quickly to my e mail reservation, when I arrived she welcomed me warmly, showed me the property and another day she offered to take me around the island! How kind!! One day she asked me do you like fish? I said yessss and she took me to her favorite sea food restaurant! One of the best meals I had during my travels!!
She loves Aruba and you can feel this by staying at sunflower! I stayed a week and was this close to stay longer. She treats all her employees like family and this is something I appreciate because I can see someone who has a big heart for people!! And those acts of kindness speak volumes about a person.
The place is also very well located just steps away from one of the best beaches in Aruba.
As far as the room I had a big room for myself with hot shower, fan, tv and a great pool to hang out!
If you are looking for fancy you may look somewhere else but if you are going for experience then stay here! And you will have a story to tell!
Can't thank enough Rienke! Such an amazing human being. I will for sure go back :)

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2015

The owner, Rienke and current staff, Joey (who is an awesome personal tour guide for a reasonable cost) and cleaner Rosa are all so very friendly and helpful! Right when I needed a place to stay as my plans fell apart 5 days into my 3 week vacation too. I had seen alot of the renovation and dry desert and cactus around Aruba up to that point and so walking into the garden there is breathtakingly spectacular, and many of Rienke's handcrafted mosaic displays, a sight for sore eyes. Wonderful stories and people support the villa, sheltered and semi-private lounge areas and kitchenettes and a restful vacation, mere steps from the beach. I plan to tell all my friends back home looking for an integral spot to stay, to come here for a reasonable cost savings.

Room Tip: Be courteous to Rienke to give her the dates you are arriving/leaving, and she will arrange for a pick-up/drop off from the airport for you. There is a car to rent to use for the day as well, for a very great rate.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank EstherLilyPad
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The woman that owns the hostel and her hired help go out of their way to make you feel like a guest in their home. Transportation can be arranged from the airport and it is incredibly cheap! The hostel is in a quiet residential area that is a nice break from the very touristy hustle and bustle of the resorts. Nearby there is a cheap market for groceries. The beach is a 7 minute walk away. There is a trail that runs between the residential area and the beaches/resorts. Even though you are staying in a hostel you can still visit the resorts/gamble/swim in the pools. We were even fortunate enough to sit down and eat dinner with the hostel owner. She is a great and very interesting woman from the Netherlands, if you get the opportunity to chat it will be worth your while! There is also Wifi in case anyone was wondering.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jacob h
Reviewed 14 July 2014

So the above explains everything. If you like crappy things that don't work. With excuse after another. It's the place for you. NASTY. Plan to spend at least 5 hours trying to get the place clean before you bring you luggage in. We left. The pool was green ... dirty just like the rooms.
Do something about it ... or find another owner to buy it and fix it up. Gross beyond words.

Room Tip: Not one room is suitable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple