All reviews dogs and cats minute walk to the beach stay there again outdoor kitchen palm beach excellent location the ritz high rise hotels washer and dryer mosaics dutch marriott handcrafted pets property pool home
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Muy buena posada, ubicada muy cerca de Palm Beach, las personas a cargo con muy buena atención! recomendada 100%!! Thanks a lot formaking aour visit better!! Ask for Julie or Reinke! this place is also near to the Beach!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carlos Z
Reviewed 10 April 2014

What drew me to this place was it was cheap. Great location, walking distance to the hotel strip. Didn't seem to be falling apart as others had said, place was maintained, I noticed a lady cleaning everyday and a pool cleaner came by daily. There was no warm water for your shower (you can only get warm water in the hotel zone apparently) which is a minor inconvenience at most. Owner Rienke was very nice. Only problem I had was the flies. They were all over and so annoying, I couldn't even read a book by the pool or in the kitchen area in peace. Bathroom didn't have a sink also, so I had to shave out of a cup. Other than that, I had no complaints. AC worked ok and bedding didn't hurt my back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank mrslinkydog
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I just returned from Aruba and staying a week at Villa Sunflower. Rienke was a terrific host and made sure I got everything I needed. The room was clean. I got picked up at the airport and dropped off on time. She knows the local restaurants and the area. It's walking distance to the beaches, tourist area, casinos, bus route and food. I used one of the rental cars and it's in good shape and cheap to run. There is soda pop, beer and water available for a price.
She has gotten a new pool company and the pool is nice and clean now (a pool can go bad in a couple of days if it doesn't get proper attention, especially when it's 90 degrees and sunny every day). The electrical is being worked on and improved. I found out the hard way no matter how much you spend on maintaining a residence there are people that break things and then complain about them being broken.
I priced a week in the hotels and they range from $1000 to $5000 a week. Probably very nice but I am on vacation and not making house payments. I hope karmistheshitt and rimibama (the same person) can find a place he/she likes in Aruba.
In conclusion, I had an exceptional stay and will be back to Sunflower Villa soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Stan J
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was very lucky when I arrived to Aruba, that the ATM didn t gave me any money from my credit card and then with 1 dollar in my pocket I found the best quide on the Island. He just finished his work on the Aruba aiport and he found for me an accomodation at Sunflower Villa and he aso took me by his car there. It was already late night and when going thru garden I was amazed like I found myself in some happy fairy tale :-) The garden in the night with all that lights is so gorgeous that I m wandering again and again. I m here my second week and one more left and I m absolutely happy here. I met a lot of very nice people here from all over the world. It is just a 5 minutes by walk to the nice beach where I do Kite surfing, but also hotels and shops are close by. I like all that mosaics on the pathways and hand painted walls with fishes that make me feel like I m home and maybe better. The pool is almost too long for me, 12 meters is quite long. It was not so clean when I arrived, but the owner, Mrs Rienke, changes pool carring company to some from Germany and the water is bright clear from that time. I love this quiet place with warm atmosphere and I m going to come back very soon with my wife and with our three little children. As the best advantages I see the price, nice friedly environment, a posibility to hire one of 3 cars, I tried all and works fine even not new, close to hotels and beaches, but also very quiet, possibility to cook, own bathroom, one of the best small but amazing garden I ve ever seen and the possibility to rest and cool down myself in the pool. There is also one of the best drinking pure water everywhere on Aruba. One happy Island :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Washek
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed at Sun Flower Villa with my friends,it was cheap so we didnt expect luxury. Rienke (the owner) is a really warm and kind person but the place is falling apart LITERALLY! Everyday something was breaking in the apartment,the toilet was leaking, the shower in poor shape and also broken and you could only shower with cold water and there was also a lamp withouth cover over the shower so if you accedently splashed water on it you would get electrecuted by it!!! There was a big window withouth curtains in the toilet so you had no privacy at all, the pool was so dirty that it was green and impossible to swim in unless you wanted to get sick and the dogs who were loose peed in it.

Room Tip: Stay at Marriotts hotel if you have the possibility!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends