Villa Sunflower
White Beach Apartments(Noord)(Great Value!)
USD 207
Caribbean Palm Village Resort(Noord)(Great Value!)
USD 139
USD 123
Aruba Tropic Apartments(Noord)(Great Value!)
USD 117
USD 91
USD 89
Golden Villas(Noord)(Great Value!)
USD 143
USD 139
Pauline's Apartments Aruba(Noord)(Great Value!)
USD 131
USD 118
Hotels.com
Del Rey Apartments(Noord)(Great Value!)
USD 91
USD 63
  • Free Internet
USD 117
Hotels.com
White Beach Apartments(Noord)(Great Value!)
USD 240
Orbitz.com
All reviewsdogs and catsminute walk to the beachstay there againoutdoor kitchenpalm beachexcellent locationhigh rise hotelsthe ritzwasher and dryermosaicsdutchmarriotthandcraftedpetsairportpropertypool
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

I never stayed at sunflower as a guest, but I was there a lot for personal reasons. My opinion is that the good days are over for Sunflower. The last years the maintance was bad and cleaning is absolutely an aspect that needs a lot of improvement. The owner needs to take a reality check. And needs to remind herself that guest are paying to stay there. Dogs running around and urinating in the pool and shitting everywere. I've seen a lot of insects around. And the excuse "it is an island" is a realy bad excuse. I've stayed on aruba for a longer time and good cleaning Will keep a lot of insects away. Also some work in the garden wil help you to deal with that issue. When guest complain to the owner Aboutaleb something she will only tell excuses and that will not solve your problems. Becarefull with the cars overthere. Some of them are in pore shape and are in fact not safe to drive in. They are old and issues are solved as cheap as possible. There are many lowbudget places on aruba where you can stay And those are a lot better and more professional.

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank Rimibama
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I had the greatest time in Aruba. Beck picked me up at the airport and took me to the Villa Sunflower where I got a complimentary beer. I was shown to my room, one bed with a tv and a private bathroom and an outside kitchen area including a fridge, hot plate, microwave. The air conditioner worked great. Rienke was a great host. It was a short walk to the bus stop or to that local tourist area and the beach was not much further. There is so much to do in Aruba one couldn't fit it all in a week. She has autos available for rent by the day if you need one. The price was right and fit in my budget. You could pay more for another place but why would you? There is a private pool and spa (not hot but that's how I like them). I am coming back soon and regularly now.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Stan J
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I inquired with Rienke via email about 15-20 times it seemed like in total before I even stepped on Aruban soil. Rienke the owner made sure my every question was answered. They offered reasonably priced airport transfers and as much dutch coffee as I coulfd drink which is quite delicious. I arrived late and had not eaten in a bit.They made me a Tosti(grilled ham an cheese) to make my belly happy.Her grounds keeper, maintenance man/ over all handy man Burt was a good man and helped with anything I needed if Rienke was not around.They are gracious hosts and were always around for conversation by the pool no matter what part of the globe you were from. The room was fine.I did not see a single cockroach.I didnt have any food in there, and Ill bet if you throw food on the floor and let it sit you will lure them in.Its an island people, dont be silly and think there arent bugs.I didnt see a single roach on the entire property.There are mosquitos by the pool but again its an island and they provide as much bug spray as you need free of charge. There is also a sporting to do with flies if you see some.Its called an electric fly swatter.Its quite a blast really, I recommend giving it a whirl."BEST CHINESE INVENTION" I had to cut my trip short unfortunately due to work, and Reinke was truly amazing and actually gave me most of my money back.I was very happy! Some people mentioned the hot water.Its an island, and hot water is not too available so dont expect steamy showers The.bathroom was nice and clean with a new toilet which worked properly. The bed I stayed in was small and she even told me it was tiny.The only thing I didnt like was it was a little uncomfortable without a box spring.So if your a snob and want the ritz, pay $800 and book it.If you want an affordable place with a safe and friendly environment stay with Rienke.They rent cars too, I highly recommend it.Its too far to walk everywhere.Study a map and the area before you visit so you have some practice knowing where to get gas and so forth! THANKS SO MUCH RIENKE AND BURT! I love you guys! hugs and kisses xoxo

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank divetripp
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I have stayed with Rienke on several occasions and was always very happy. I think I would compare it to staying at a family members home. I have stayed for as little as one week and as much as three and was always treated very well. They made sure that I was able to enjoy in my favorite activities while there, horseback riding with Murielle and Carlos, swimming in the pool or in the ocean and one of my favorites, observing the sea turtles hatching and an eclipse.
I am planning to go back in 2013 and in the future.
I can only say that if you want resort level rooms, you have to pay resort level fees.
The cost of this Villa is very reasonable and as such is casual.
Again, Rienke was always helpful and willing to share everything the island has to offer, she came to pick us up at the airport and I especially liked the meals she prepared for us on Thursdays.
I stayed at high end places in Aruba in the past and aside from perhaps buying my own home there, this is the only place I will stay.
I hope to be back there very soon and would recommend the Sunflower and Rienke without hesitation.
To Rienke, Happy New Year, I'll be calling on you soon!
Rance

Room Tip: Ask in advance what is available and let them know how many are coming in.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank RanceC
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Let me start with saying that I loved it. If you are looking for a backpacker style, cheap guest house, this a great place. If you are looking for a sterile four star experience and don't like animals around, then pay $200~$250 a night down the road. It's not fair to rate them on the same scale. The owner was very nice, and provided cheap pick up at the airport and an island tour. The internet connection was good, and FREE, the pool was very nice, and the overall atmosphere friendly. I prefer this type of environment.

Sharon