All reviews dogs and cats minute walk to the beach stay there again outdoor kitchen palm beach excellent location the ritz high rise hotels washer and dryer mosaics dutch marriott handcrafted pets property pool home
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We were two very weary travelors, having slept little in 22 hours of travel. Our prepaid room at Aruba Harmonie Apts had been overbooked and we had no where to stay. We showed up on Rienke's doorstep looking frazzeled and un washed. She sized us up in barely a minute. She graciously showed us to a room and we were asleep in less than 15 minutes. When we awoke some 10 hours later we poked our noses out the door and found ourselves in a lovely little oasis in the town of Noord. Gardens, a little swimming pool and Rienke greeted us . Sun Flower Villas is a cute litlle spot, off the path but close to casinos and beaches. Its best feature was its quiet, honest and lovely proprietor Rienke.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank xz2xzzz
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I am really surprised to hear any negative comments about this place! I know not every place can suit everyone, but this was a particularly nice getaway for me. The house itself is nestled into an oasis of greenery, with local birds chirping away all around you. There are a few dogs and cats running around, but that is listed on the web page. If you're not an animal person, this place isn't for you. But I found all of the furry friends to be incredibly sweet and affectionate. It was nice to be greeted in the morning by a purring kitty. Plus, the place is close to the beach, so I could easily walk there within 15 minutes. Having come to the Sunflower Villa from a previously negative hotel stay elsewhere, it was a much needed respite for me. If you are the kind of person who wants everything pristine and wants to be catered to, go to the resorts. If you want a home-like atmosphere in a quiet neighborhood that is close to everything, give this place a try. It's essentially an Aruban B&B. When I return to Aruba, I will absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank onlyflatonmaps
Reviewed 20 April 2011

if you are visiting Aruba and would like to be in the high rise area near the beach, cinemas, and shops at a decent rate this is your place .Rienke is very nice and thoughtful. She is very informative. My husband and I arrived on different flights and she picked us up from the airport at much cheaper rate than the taxis there. Some people spoke about the dogs, they never bother us and they stayed at the back. We had a really nice four post bed, cable tv, free internet, all kitchen amenities and outside grill for use should it be desired. She provided towels too in case you didn't walk with any. The location is practically few minutes walk for the Marriott hotel and the lovely beach. Don't not compare her place with the Marriott. At her cost if I found a place like hers where ever I went I would take it. Oh there are so many beautiful plants all over her place. Just read the good reviews they are true...
Thanks from your guest of the Orange room :)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fenshungmunroe
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I was recommended to Sunflower Villa by a person I regard as a friend, from my dive shop in Aruba. In particular, I asked her if she could recommend a local place for me to stay. She did, and it was the best place ever. I have a timeshare for one week in Aruba as well, but this is where I stay any other time I visit Aruba. Even if I wish to extend my one week stay, I stay at the Sunflower Villa.
I come from USA and live on the East Coast where the winter weather, at times, makes it extremely difficult to travel, i.e., not able to get to an airport or just as bad, flights constantly being canceled. I happen to fly standby which is also difficult to anticipate when the weather does not cooperate.
I e-mailed Rienke (the owner) explaining who recommended me to her and then giving her information about my background and what I was looking for with my upcoming trip.
Rienke not only answered me expeditiously but was willing to accommodate me; assuring me that if my flight was canceled she would keep the villa for me until I arrived. Well, I arrived alone, because my husband did not make the flight. I notified Rienke of my arrival and she was willing and able to pick me and my luggage up at the airport. I felt safe and assured that this was going to be an enjoyable stay. The accommodations were excellent. After my arrival to the Villa, I mentioned that my husband had already got in touch with a car rental agency but since I arrived 2 days prior I was without a vehicle. Rienke had then offered me a choice of two vehicles to rent with insurance. Needless to say, I was ecstatic to think that I would be able to get around to meet up with friends and relatives on my own.
The Villa was totally occupied by the time my husband arrived and he couldn't believe that so many people were there yet you didn't hear or see anyone. It was like a paradise within a paradise. We were even given the "Honeymoon Suite"
We had our own kitchen facilities, including a refrigerator, bathroom facilities, the rooms were spacious but if you wanted an intimate suite she had them as well.
A washer and dryer was there for our use as well as free wifi. The pool and jacuzzi was phenomenal. It was clean and private. There was even a BBQ area. I also loved the pond with the fish.
I must say it is because of Rienke that felt so comfortable. I would definitely recommend this Villa to anyone with no hesitation. It is definitely a place that I will be visiting more often throughout the year.
I just cannot say enough good things about Rienke and the Sunflower Villas. She is a wonderful person.
I asked Rienke if she could recommend any local restaurants to us. She did and let me tell you, as many years as we have been visiting Aruba (12 yrs.) through Rienke's recommendations, we still found new places to go for breakfast and dinner. I wish I met Rienke and knew about the Sunflower Villas years ago.
Thank you so very much. I just can't wait to see you again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reetnj
Reviewed 25 February 2011

My wife and I have stayed at Villa Sunflower for the past 4 years. We have found it to be a great place to stay and so have returned each year. The property is more like a guest house rather than a hotel. It is situated in a residential neighborhood across the street from the Marriott hotel. The owner, Rienke, has 8 rooms surrounding her residence. Each have their own separate entrance and each is equipped with refrigerator, microwave, and sink. Most if not all also have little sitting areas in front of the room. There is a pool on the property, as well as outside shower. Rooms are cleaned every other day and there is a handyman at the property mon - fri if anything needs addressing.

The owner, Rienke, is very gracious and will help address any issues that you may have. Guests are typically from a variety of countries, adding to the ambience of the property. We have felt very much at home since we began staying there. Whether there are a few rooms booked or most of the rooms booked, the property is very quiet and each group staying tends to come and go on their own during the day.

I will add that this property may not be for everyone. There are no phones in the room and much like staying on a boat or in an RV, toilet paper is not allowed in the toilet. If you are expecting the amenities of a typical hotel, this may not be your best fit. Villa Sunflower operates more like a shared villa where everyone has their own separate rooms. For students, young workers or couples travelling, who are looking for great value and are not interested in staying in a large timesharing building or hotel, this is a great alternative.

Rienke will also pick up guests at the airport and has a choice of vehicles for rent.

If you are looking for an alternative to conventional accomodations I think you will be quite satisfied.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple