All reviews rooms are large public beach vip spa neve zohar dining room nice hotel dead sea one night wifi balcony salty mud sauna masada
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Ein Gokek is an expensive town but the only one to stay at if you are going to the Dead Sea. Do not stay in Neve Zohar as there is nothing there and Arad is too far. Royal hotel had good prices with great views. Rooms are large, great breakfast and excellent staff at reception. The place has private parking. They no longer offer vouchers for beach loungers which is sad. Their facilities are nice but WiFi slow.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Guys, its disaster ,don’t go there , one of the bad trips that I ever had. Ive read the reviews before and didn’t believe it, the most annoying thing that the staff are to too rude and unpolite.
The food is disaster, chairs on the sea should given back at 5 o’clock, you cant take it longer. Guys you should take any other hotel than this one.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tarek K
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We stayed at the hotel one night. I t was a trip to the Dead Sea as we were cruising all over Israel. The service was good, our bedroom was nice, however I was mainly impressed by the area the hotel is settled in. Beautiful mountains and the sea....with amazing views especially the sunset. If you are planning on spending a week or more just being on the beach or hanging around the hotel area its a good place to stay, but if you seek adventure or want to visit Israel its good just to stay there for a night or two, there's nothing to do in there...even though the place, I mean Ein Bokek, is beautiful.

Room Tip: with sea view
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2017

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 7 nights in the middle of November 2017. Royal is a nice old (as pretty much all other hotels in Ein Bokek) hotel. I stayed at the hotel previously 12 years ago and I must say a lot has changed since then. During our recent stay I saw, however, that the hotel staff were trying their best to keep it nice and running. The front desc staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and specious enough, it had a balcony with a great view of the mountains. Breakfast buffet was good and offered a nice variety of choices. The hotel has a great indoor pool with heated Dead Sea water and a spacious parking lot at the back of the hotel. The is also an outdoor fresh water pool but I didn't see anyone swimming there. Hotel has an arrangement with the public beach (located just across the street) to provide chairs in exchange for free tickets obtainable from the front desk; but if you want a sun bed they are available for a charge at the beach. There was no WiFi in the hotel room, but it was not a big deal to us. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 418maxv
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very comfortable; we had a nice spacious room and a lovely bathroom. However, there was no WiFi in the room, or even in the restaurant; it was only available near reception. This really wasn’t good enough.
There are few restaurants in Ein Bokek, so on one evening we decided to eat in the hotel. Now I’ve been to some strange restaurants, but never before have I been asked to pay for our meals before we have even got through the door. Now I know why; it was truly terrible. Buffet style, with beef which could have made a good sandal for one of the Roman legionaries at Masada; pieces of chicken which were all thigh, not a piece of succulent breast in sight; dried out rice... I could go on but you’ve probably got the picture.
The one saving grace was the excellent barman in the bar, who recommended a good wine and was friendly and efficient. He alone was worth five stars.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple