1,634 results
All reviews dead sea private beach club room buffet lunch day pass salt water pool indoor pool tel aviv half board spa ella shore mud aroma masada treatment sunrise
Reviewed 9 July 2018

My wife and I went there to celebrate her birthday, we ordered junior suite room that includes entrance to the buissness lounge.
When we got there we were told to leave the car in a sandy parking lot and got shuttle to the hotel.
We got there by 14:30 and started checking-in. there was a very long line and it tool 15 minutes to get to the reception. The receptionists worked very slow.
After that the room was ready with 15 minutes delay (15:15).
We got to the room and some of the facilities were bad: the shower pip was dripping from it's side, the toilet didn't flush well, the wifi was very bad, the windows cover was broken, the TV didn't had all the channels. So we went to the reception and complaint and they told us that they will send a handyman right away (which didn't happen). Also we were told that the cable company were doing problems for almost a month.

The business long in there is very small and the working hours are 11:00-22:00 and
the food is served in there only from 12:00-20:00. the food variety is lousy, and the worker in there instead of working watched movie on her phone. at Saturday we came there at 11:00 and no coffee nor hot water was ready.

The breakfast is big, but the cooks are very noisy. When we asked them to be more quite they told us:"We are having fun!" and they kept on shouting.

Finally we were very disappointed from this hotel, and there's no way that we will ever go back there, nor any other Crown Plaza hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go to the suites no matter what. Also the business lounge is bad!!!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
meeray t, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear officerv,
Thank you for choosing Crowne plaza Dead Sea and for taking the time to post a review.
Crowne Plaza Dead Sea is part of a global company committed to the highest international standards, We are doing every effort to rise above these standards and provide the best service, I apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced and any inconvenience you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations.
Your feedback is very important to us as it gives us the opportunity to further understand what we can adjust or do more in order to provide a better stay experience for our guests.
Again, thank you for your valuable comments.

Sincerely

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Beautiful lobby, stunning pool and beach. We were upgraded to a suite, and although it was spacious, it was ugly. The food was the best part of the stay - plentiful and very varied and tasty. Did not have an iron in the room and was told that there was one on each floor, but there wasn't one on our floor. I went down a floor to find a room with water on the floor and a cheap iron and ironing board.

Stayed: March 2018
meeray t, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear guest
Again, thank you for your valuable comments.

Sincerely

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Last stay in February i was instantly recognized as a spire member, was offered all kinds of amenities and business lounge access by Ella + plus vouchers for dinner. This time there was no person like Ella (customer loyalty manager).
This time, end of June, I had to to ask for lounge access and the young girl who checked me in wasn't aware of complimentary access for spire members so she said "no". I asked her to verify with her managers, and in the end she said "ok". No "thank you for being a spire member" or anything (i know it sounds cheesy, but it's nice to get a token of appreciation), and in general the service this time was not that great. I spoke to other people in the lounge who told me they were all very disappointed. I can imagine if you pay for a club room with lounge access, you expect a certain level of service. I got the lounge for free, and I am thankful for that (thank you!!), but there's lots of room for improvement. Especially regarding the food on Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday. You can't just serve the same kinds of (dried out) salads + pancakes on Friday (afternoon & evening). On Thursday evening there was pasta, shakshuka and other nice warm food. Somehow, because of Shabbat, there was really nothing nice to eat. On Saturday they put stuffed grape leaves on a sandwich role - seriously???. I think that shows how bad the hotel needs some advice on what kind of food to prepare for the lounge on shabbat. The management and cooks should take a ride to Tel Aviv Azriely and check the Crowne Plaza lounge on the 20th floor. There's always some kind of fish, including Friday nights. The breakfast - also on Saturday morning includes yoghurts, etc. You can't tell me that it's impossible to bake some quiches for shabbat, or some other fancy food (shabbat should be special - but in the lounge they didn't make it special at all). I asked them about Friday night dinner in the restaurant. They said the maximum i could get was 20% discount - which would mean instead of 200 shekels, 160 shekels per person. That's about 45$ for dinner per person, which is a bit too much for me (I do appreciate the discount). I understand they can't always give complimentary vouchers, but they could have offered one meal on the house, like they often do when I stay in IHG properties - e.g. in the Intercontinental in Tel Aviv (where dinner is worth every penny). As I was asked for feedback that same Friday evening, i wrote what I wrote here and i received a call from Keren at the front desk. She didn't understand my negative feedback and told me i got an upgrade to a club room, free lounge access and a birthday gift, however, she offered me free breakfast vouchers for Saturday morning, which was very kind of her. Again Keren, thank you. I do think breakfast can be improved. Most of the fruits came out of cans (expect for over ripe water melon and grapfruit), no smoked salmon, no variety of yoghurts or pudding at all, and in general food wasn't like i know from Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv city center, or the Hilton Tel Aviv. I hope my review helps to improve because the hotel is in a wonderful location. The sulfate pools are awesome, the proximity to the dead see is great and i loved the pool too. So if you come to relax, this is the place. Just the service isn't like you get in the center of the country. Don't stay there on Shabbat. - checkout is at 14.00 - i received a late checkout (15.00 - thank you!) but normally late-checkouts you are charged extra for.

Room Tip: club floor has new room, just ask for a room close to the elevator as there's no a/c on the floor
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marlon G
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Hello Marlon G,

Glad to hear from one of our IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite members. Thanks for choosing Crowne Plaza Dead Sea and leaving your honest feedback.

I am sorry to read that your stay was not exceptional because of some issues, particularly with your dining experience and level of service received. All the issues you have raised are shared with hotel management for future improvements.

I know that this stay may not have been the best but I am hopeful for another opportunity to welcome you back for an improved experience.

Many thanks,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 30 June 2018

I stayed at the crown plaza dead sea two days ago. a helpful staff a waiter named tom was very nice and polite. one problem i had was with housekeeping, I called guest service 3 times and when I came back to my room, it wasn't cleaned or at least tidied. overall, the food in the lobby was amazing an the room was absolutely gorgeous.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest
Thank you very much for your wonderful recommendation and for staying with us.
We appreciate you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent experience with the Crowne Plaza Dead Sea.
We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will continue to choose Crowne plaza on your next vacations.
Best regards

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

This the second Crowne Plaza hotel I am staying out of 3 into my Israel Jerusalem Palestine Trip.
This hotel is huge. I think they have over 300 room. All of the rooms have a Sea view. My room was clean, comfortable and modern. I was surprised by how clean all the areas are. Specially the areas around the pool and the way to the sea.
Check in was quick although I felt the receptionist was going through the motions explaining us where everything was. The room was not ready and we decided to hang at the pool. It was busy. It reminded me of the Solana, Benidorm. This hotel is busy all year around as I was told by a member of staff.
We used all the facilities including the jacuzzi, the salt water pool , normal pool and the sea.
Breakfast was chaotic. Huge amount of people. The quality of the food is very good but it feels like a war zone. A very unpleasant feeling.
I must point out that the chaotic dinning unpleasantry is not the hotel’s fault but the guests that are staying here.
They look desperate and have bad manners , that’s my own opinion.
If you can over see this, you will have a great time.
I fully enjoyed my stay. I would recommend this hotel for no longer than 2 days as there is not much around to do.
We opt not to dine at the hotel. Instead we found a shopping centre just opposite the hotel and used the facilities there.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MRDARCYLONDONUK

Dear guest
Thank you very much for your wonderful recommendation and for staying with us.
Best regards