“Great food, delicious clam chowder, accommodating staff”

Seneca Harbor Station
Ranked #13 of 48 Restaurants in Watkins Glen
Price range: USD 10 - USD 35
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located on the southern tip of Seneca Lake. Seneca Harbor offers breathtaking views of the lake from any location within the restaurant. Whether enjoying the relaxing breeze on the covered deck or admiring the ambience of the dining room, you're sure to have a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were waiting to go sailing and we had an hour to wait. We stopped in this restaurant and I ordered a large salad, and my husband ordered clam chowder. My salad was delicious but huge, after tasting the clam chowder, I too ordered some. Since we had so little time, I asked the waitress if she could keep my salad cold until I returned from a two hour sail. The staff was more than generous in doing so. She even added extra dressing for me. I highly recommend this lovely restaurant.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My husband and I went here for our anniversary, I made a reservation a week ahead of our visit requesting a table by the window with a water view. When we arrived there was no window table available, even though we made a reservation. I asked about a table that just needed to be cleared by the window and was told that was not an option for me, someone else was getting that table, even though I had the reservation. We ended up sitting at another table with a decent view, but not the table we wanted. We ordered our dinners, which came out rather quickly, were quite good, but the service was horrible. Our server only came by once to see if we needed more drinks and to ask how the food was. When we were finished we were offered dessert, which we both ordered and our sever left without ever asking if we wanted any coffee or tea to go with it. By the time she came back we were finished with our cheesecake and she had the check in hand. I would not return here, especially since they didn't even offer to see if another table by the window would be available soon, which was the case. I would've gladly waited the extra fifteen minutes to have the table we really wanted.

1  Thank Kpr115
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We went there with some friends during our east coast trip. Food Was great, we had the best clam chowder of our trip and some crispy fish and chips! Definitely worth giving it a try!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

When we walked in we were offered a table in either area. The dining area looked small so we went with the covered patio. That area didn't have the same view as the dining room. The tables and chairs were plastic compared to the wood ones in the dining room. Service was good. We only ordered appetizers. The crab cakes were fine. The New England Clam Chowder had a strong flavor of bacon and was salty for our taste. The ladies room was tiny for the size of the restaurant and when I told the hostess that one toilet wasn't flushing, she wasn't concerned because "that happens a lot ". We probably will not return.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I had a crabcake and my friend had a burger. The crabcake was quite good, with a generous amount of meat and a good sauce. The burger was OK. I had a bottle of beer, served without a glass or the offer of a glass. I finished my meal first and it was cleared while the other meal was still being eaten. I had been thinking of a dessert when our server, who was very pleasant, appeared with the check in her hand and asked if we wanted anything else. I got the message and did not inquire about desserts.