“Great Meal After an Afternoon of Hiking ”
Review of Nickel's Pit BBQ

Nickel's Pit BBQ
Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Watkins Glen
Price range: USD 5 - USD 60
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We partner with a local farm and our menu is updated to reflect availability. Our ribs, chicken, brisket and other meats are so popular that they may sell out during business hours, or not be featured. All of our meats are smoked fresh and smoking is very long, intricate process that cannot be rushed. Give us a call to see what we are offering! We do classic BBQ with an Upstate NY spin and want to give you the best dining experience. We appreciate your understanding, flexibility, and appetites!
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

We visited Nickel's Pit on July 5, 2016 and it did not disappoint. We were a group of 8, 3 adults and 5 children. Fast and friendly service, the food was excellent, and a cool little atmosphere. Parking was easy off road and some side streets. Nice prior and bar area, too! Personally I think this place should be rated #1 for restaurants in Watkins Glen!

Reviewed 6 July 2016

When visiting this restaurant I wanted to try a few items they were famous for. The smoked wings didn't disappoint and neither did the brisket sandwich on a soft white roll. We left feeling satisfied and also sampled a few of the local micro brews they had on tap. Whenever I am in Watkins Glen again I will definitely stop by here for some good bbq

Reviewed 6 July 2016

Drawn by the sound of live music, my husband and I stopped in for a beer at the bar. Beer was a local brew and excellent. Band was very good. It was fun!

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

We stopped after a long day of visiting state parks, we stopped here to have a bite. The menu was simple with a twist. I had the 3 B sandwich. That was brisket, bacon and bleu cheese. It was a good sandwich. The cool park was that they make their own twisted fries. It's not cheap but it's good.

Reviewed 3 July 2016

We walked here from our hotel and were pleasantly surprised with our meal, not having known anything about this place. We sat at the bar, the bartender was pleasant and knowledgeable about the drink selections, as well as food.

We split a combination platter that included 2 meats, 2 sides and wings for an extra $5. It was a ton of food for $23. We tried the brisket, pulled pork, garlic parmesan wings with coleslaw and jalapeno mac and cheese sides. I used the hot BBQ house sauce and loved. Spicy, not overly sweet. They had great coleslaw, made with celery seed and also not too sweet. Neither one of us were overly crazy about the wings we chose, but I would definitely try another flavor. The underlying smoked flavor was good, we just didn't like the flakiness of the crust. The pulled pork and brisket were very good, as well as the mac and cheese.

I had a glass of wine from a local winery that was delicious, and my husband enjoyed their own brewed beers. All in all, a nice night at very reasonable prices. We would definitely eat here again.