“One of our favorites”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Amazing cuisine and service in upstate NY. Has been a favorite of our family for almost 20 years. Presentation and quality of food is unsurpassed, not only for our area, but for almost anywhere. Authentic French cuisine in a lovely little house, only about 10 tables, so make a reservation, you won't be disappointed

1  Thank Sarah K

Reviewed 21 February 2012

The title of my review states one the item you must eat when you dine at LPM. I could have written a review that only discusses how delicious this dish is – it’s that wonderful!
I have been dining at LPM since I was a teenager with my parents. We’ve celebrated many special occasions here over the years; it’s always a treat to dine at LPM. This is great French food – hidden away in a small house (ha!) in Waterville, NY.
There is a small set menu at LPM, with seasonal specials to supplement. The warm mushroom salad (special) is amazing! But remember – you MUST get the lobster ravioli!  I typically do not order chicken when I dine out, but I do love their chicken calvados! Having eaten probably everything on the menu over the years, there isn’t anything that I wouldn’t recommend. I’m partial to the chicken, duck, and filet. My husband loves the salmon. As an adult who very much enjoys good red wine, I am thrilled by the pricing of bottles of French wines at LPM! I am not knowledgeable in this area of reds, but every recommendation they have made has been very much enjoyed.
Save room for dessert – the profiteroles are a perfect way to end a delicious French dining experience!
the ONLY negative to note - the chairs offer very little cushion and may become uncomfortalbe during the course of a lesiurely meal.

1  Thank breelynd
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This small, family-run restaurant is in the improbable small town of Waterville NY, south of Utica NY, and is located in an elegant home on main street in downtown. The family spends part of the winter in France, so plan ahead.

They grow some of their own produce. The menu varies accordingly. Let's start with desserts - they make the best creme brulee i have ever had, and i have ordered it in many restaurants across the US, from Boston to San Francisco. There are other great desserts that other family members have tried and are very fond of.

The service is very family-oriented and personal. It is like dining in their home. The appetizers and entrees are all carefully prepared, laid out on plates like a piece of art, and all is perfectly cooked. For example, try their Warm Goat Cheese Salad. Typical entrees are unusual preparations of Lamb, Beef, Duck.

I have dined here many times with family who live about 20 miles away. It is a tradition to go there on every visit to that area.

1  Thank RocketFloyd
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Food artfully and deliciously, authentically prepared, atmosphere unique for America!

Reviewed 26 September 2011

My wife and I, along with out 4 children, went to La Petite Maison, while visiting our daughter at Hamilton College during Family Weekend. This dinner was to be a special event, and I had heard rave reviews on the dining experience at this establishment. True, the food quality was exceptional; though the wait staff and servers couldn't generate a smile while serving us. The menu was all pris fixe and there were no deviations from it whatsoever. My wife asked for a large salad and the waiter looked at her as if she had two heads. Additionally, there are no prices listed on the menu, so make sure you're sitting down when you get your bill.

1  Thank Greg V