“The best French dining experience”
Review of La Petite Maison - CLOSED

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This small, family-run restaurant is in the improbable small town of Waterville NY, south of Utica NY, and is located in an elegant home on main street in downtown. The family spends part of the winter in France, so plan ahead.

They grow some of their own produce. The menu varies accordingly. Let's start with desserts - they make the best creme brulee i have ever had, and i have ordered it in many restaurants across the US, from Boston to San Francisco. There are other great desserts that other family members have tried and are very fond of.

The service is very family-oriented and personal. It is like dining in their home. The appetizers and entrees are all carefully prepared, laid out on plates like a piece of art, and all is perfectly cooked. For example, try their Warm Goat Cheese Salad. Typical entrees are unusual preparations of Lamb, Beef, Duck.

I have dined here many times with family who live about 20 miles away. It is a tradition to go there on every visit to that area.

1  Thank RocketFloyd

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Food artfully and deliciously, authentically prepared, atmosphere unique for America!

Reviewed 26 September 2011

My wife and I, along with out 4 children, went to La Petite Maison, while visiting our daughter at Hamilton College during Family Weekend. This dinner was to be a special event, and I had heard rave reviews on the dining experience at this establishment. True, the food quality was exceptional; though the wait staff and servers couldn't generate a smile while serving us. The menu was all pris fixe and there were no deviations from it whatsoever. My wife asked for a large salad and the waiter looked at her as if she had two heads. Additionally, there are no prices listed on the menu, so make sure you're sitting down when you get your bill.

1  Thank Greg V
Reviewed 11 June 2011

This place is a true gem. Authentic French cuisine. A memorable dining experience

1  Thank psychnurse1961
Reviewed 7 May 2011

While we don't get to LPM as frequently we would love, every dinner is always perfect! My favorite: Bouillabaisse. My wife lives for the rabbit! They have been a treasure to CNY since 1995 and we hope they never leave us. Round out the meal with profiteroles and a lovely Porto and you will be hooked for life. A MUST TRY! The one bad review I read earlier must be from someone with no experience in French cuisine as LPM surpasses all in our area!

2  Thank Rouen93