Towers Lodge(Germiston)
SUN1 O.R. Tambo(Germiston)
USD 38
Road Lodge Germiston Lake(Germiston)(Great Value!)
USD 46
Orbitz.com
Dakota Lodge(Germiston)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewseastgate mallroom was largefront desk staffenjoyable stayapartmentkitchenettejohannesburghousekeepingproximity
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Tired old hotel with no air conditioning in the bedroom. Furniture from the 80's. No separate shower...you have to climb into the bath. Unacceptable for the price. Booked with agoda and when I got to the hotel the price was 25% more expensive than advertised and no breakfast! 2/10

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. It's very conveniently situated right across the road from Eastgate Shopping Centre. We had two rooms with queen beds. I found it to be clean, comfortable and food value. The lounge was a good size as was the kitchen although there were no forks in the drawer. There is no restaurant on site but it was easy enough to go to Eastgate. I have no complaints and would stay here again should the need arise

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Elma2919, Conference Co ordinator at Mercure Suites Bedfordview, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Joanne,
Thank you kindly for your feedback regarding your stay with us.
It's always a pleasure to receive positive comments. I have also noted the comment left regarding the restaurant, we offer light meals at the bar until 10.30pm.
We appreciate your sharing your concerns and are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.Should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Yours in Hospitality,
Bianca Riley

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel feels more like a motel with individual small apartments rather than rooms. Mine (117) was very dated and tired looking.

I had to ask reception for bath towels as none were provided. They were however delivered promptly.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2017

This hotel is a nice average hotel/suite near the airport. It is also across the street from a very large shopping mall.
There room was large with a kitchenette but fairly average in quality. The bathroom was in need of renovation. I had to use the heater because it was cold and there weren't enough blankets for 1 person. I had to fold the doona in half to get double warmth and still use the heater. In the middle of the night the smoke alarm went off. There was no smoke and no fire, just the heater.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
ADuPlessis, General Manager at Mercure Suites Bedfordview, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear Amy,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Johannesburg Bedfordview Hotel.

Andre van Niekerk

Reviewed 12 May 2017

My colleagues and I were booked into the mercure hotel for a night whilst on conference. We left our conference and headed to the hotel. We decided to get a few drinks at the hotel bar. Well we had to help ourselves as there was no barman.
Massive business lost for them that night!

We all headed to bed early that night for obvious reasons.
What a terrible experience.
I felt very unsafe in my room. I also found a used condom in a condom box wedged between the bed and bedside table.

Needless to say that was it for me! I ended up bunking with my colleague in the room next door.

Room Tip: Don't do it
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
ADuPlessis, General Manager at Mercure Suites Bedfordview, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Dear Juanique

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Firstly I would like do apologise for the experience you had at our beloved hotel.
We will most definitely work on our shortcomings as pointed out by your kind self.
Please rest assured that we will work hard to rectify them and to prevent this from happening again in the future.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Andre van Niekerk