All reviews beau vallon junior suite bar overlooking open to the public lunch menu superb location breakfast buffet was very nice tired hotel coral fish provided free our honeymoon half board big bathroom taxi ride seychelles holiday indian ocean four poster bed
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Was very good - the view is just amazing. Go earlier and enjoy first the sunset on the beach and then have a dinner at the restaurant. It is also possible to have a cocktail there...the same area as the restaurant, with a nice view too. Even if you are not a hotel guest, as soon as you have a reservation, you can park at the hotel. The staff was really friendly, the food was just Ok.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tuxyanonim
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We returned to this grand old lady of a hotel this month (June 2018) as we have stayed before, only to find that although she still offers a great stay in a superb location, her fabric is now old and deteriorating. The owners plan a complete rebuild on the same site soon (that word does not mean a lot in Seychelles!) so if you go, please do be gentle with her - she has served us well! The staff are lovely and the room (Junior Suite) was really great with a garden patio overlooking the sea. Air-cond didn't work in the first room so they moved us to another. There were only about 6 other guests in the whole hotel so plenty of room. Really good pool and fabulous thatched bar overlooking the most amazing snorkelling reef so that thousands of fish gather beneath the bar every day.

Room Tip: Junior suites are worth stretching for.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SarniaCherie
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We were very disappointed in our stay at sunset beach hotel. It’s far from 4*, I’d give it 2* and that’s only because of its incredible location.
The whole place is very tired and unkept and in desperate need of a refurb. In our room a lot of the electric sockets didn’t work. We had a kettle which didn’t work and had to be replaced. Dangerous electrics on show where the outer casing was crumbling away. The bed was two single mattresses pushed together... very uncomfortable! The bathroom was filthy, the shower curtain was mouldy and the towels we were given were stained.
We opted for B&B only which I was very pleased we did. The breakfast was poor... stale bread and pastries, stone cold baked beans and flies on the fruit. The toaster was so stiff my husband badly burnt his hand lifting the lever to retrieve the toast. The waitresses took our tea and coffee order when we arrived and it didn’t come until we’d served ourselves and eaten all of our breakfast... very slow!
We had lunch there when we first arrived food was ‘ok’ and expensive for what it was and service was terrible. Not only were they very slow but the waitress randomly put mango juice on our tab and instead of taking it off she asked if my husband would have a beer instead?! We weren’t even ordering anymore drinks she just made us spend more money for her mistake!
We had a few cocktails while we were there watching the sunset. The bar location is perfect for this. The bar was often unmanned, we had to hunt staff down to order a drink. The staff didn’t know how to make the cocktails, one of them even asked me “are you sure that’s on our menu?” I then received my watery badly made cocktail 30 minutes later in a dirty glass!
Generally the staff were terrible, not aware of customers, more interested in being on their mobile phones and everything took a really long time and they just seemed like they didn’t want to be there.
At our final breakfast the staff came over and insisted we had dinner there last night and left without signing our bill. We didn’t even eat dinner there the whole time we stayed. When we replied “No” they just repeated themselves and showed us the bill and said “you had this?”. It went on for a long time and was very confusing when we checked out and settled the bill but they eventually admitted it was their mistake.
Overall the facilities and service were very poor. The hotel is held up by its amazing location.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eady89
Reviewed 11 May 2018

We booked this hotel based on its location and pictures and didn't remember to look at the reviews but wish we had. Only stayed for 1 night and overall it was disappointing.

Firstly I found the welcome to be OK, quite routine on the part of the reception, however was not made to feel exceptionally welcome. At least the check in was quick and we were in our room relatively quickly. However I noticed in the "library" lots of boxes lying around as if renovations were in process and the pool area felt disregarded (also stuff lying around, dirty windows etc).
We went to the room and from the outside, the room felt old and the area outside disregarded. The grass was overgrown and not appealing. The toilet was dirty and had to be flushed, not a nice start! There was no mat to clean feat when entering the room so floor was always wet when entering. The TV was not working and i had to manually tune it, which i finally succeeded in doing. The walls were VERY THIN and i found it difficult to sleep because i could hear the guests next door speaking and watching TV. 2 of the wall sockets were unusable and seemed broken as i couldn't plug my charger in them. The shower head was not working and could only use the overhead shower (it is unacceptable for things like this to be broken!). No airport transfer was provided, the self catering i had previously stayed in nearby provided free airport transfer!
Finally I was pleasantly surprised to be offered an early breakfast as we had to leave early for the airport and it was noted down, however in the morning nobody seemed to know about it, luckily the breakfast buffet was ready (old cereal, fruit or omlette) and the coffee took a long time as the staff didn't seem to realize we had to leave early. The beach is very nice, but so are all the beaches on the island.
Overall the staff were ok, some were nice. But I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a friend and I'm glad we stayed just for one night.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank colbolin
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

The management and employees (except for Giovanna and anither 2 people who are good) is a complete disaster! Food and beverage service is extremely slow and since there is nothing around they kee0 prices very high. Even the service is bad and the food quality nothing special. The empoyees are rude and it looks like thry have always something to say to you. I neeeed to wait over 20 minutes to take away a slice if bread filled with tuna and the employee Deanna when I told her it was taking long time for somwthing extremely simple and with noone else around asking for food... she replied "You must tell me earlier, dont give me pressure... you are unprofessional!". Can you imagine she said that beside a mangaer who had nothing to say to her? This is one more reason not to go there. Management is weak and completely unprofessional. Would not back to this hotel even for free. Even the taxi driver told me every guest is unhappy with the service of that hotel and some check out before the end of their stay to move elsewhere. Avoid it!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple