1,774 results
All reviews sister hotel club junior suite club option our honeymoon il gusto dina robin la ravanne shuttle service half board blue marlin private pool main restaurant tennis courts main pool beach front unagi sports facilities
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We have just returned from our 6 night stay at the Dinarobin for our honeymoon after staying in the North West of the island previously. Our stay at the Dinarobin resort was exceptional from start to finish and the service provided by the staff is the best I have ever experienced from any hotel. The hotel and rooms were well maintained with the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The beach at this resort was exceptional and easily the biggest selling point and probably the best beach we visited on the whole of the island with a picture perfect backdrop of the mountain and palm trees with a large white sandy beach which was quite simply paradise. We were on a half board basis with access to the club room which was very professionally run with impeccable staff and snacks to keep you going until dinner time. The hotel is quite big and also joins onto the Paradis, another Beachcomber hotel next door, which you can use the facilities at incuding the restaurants. All of the restaurants were very good with a large choice to chose from to stop you getting bored of eating at the same restaurants.

The location of the hotel is relatively remote, which was fine for our 6 night stay as we just wanted to relax at the resort. If you are planning on getting out and about, renting a car is definitely a good idea.

All in all I would say this truly is a 5 star hotel, which comes across in the service provided by the staff, the quality of the food and the impeccable grounds and beach. I would not hesitate to come back for another visit.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Good morning

May we extend once more our congratulations for your wedding and honeymoon and we are very honoured that you have chosen The Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa to celebrate this event!

We are very happy that you had a special time among us and enjoyed our resort together with Le Paradis facilities. We are definitely blessed with our unique location of being tucked between mountain and sea and bordered with 7 kms of beach. It is also a treat to be able to enjoy a nice sunset being on the South-West coast!

We trust that you had enjoyed The Club facilities which is similar to the Executive Floors and offers a wide selection of drinks from 8 am til 8 pm, canapés/snacks at lunch time, cakes at tea time, international newspapers and a personalised concierge service. Our concierge team can also assist in prebooking our restaurants as there are 8 to choose from among both hotels. There is definitely an ultimate culinary experience on a daily basis not to be missed!

We do hope to welcome you for your wedding anniversary among us and our artisans would be so glad to celebrate with you

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We had two amazing weeks at the Dinarobin Resort. Often we spend the end of a holiday thinking about where we will go next...not this time, we are absolutely certain we will return to Mauritius and to the Dinarobin. I read the reviews before we travelled so I wanted to share our experience too.
We found the stunning location, right under Le Morne, the hotel, facilities, staff and food excellent, absolutely what we were hoping for our 30th wedding anniversary. The Dinarobin resort wasn't too busy, it seemed that those with older children tended to go for the neighbouring hotel Le Paradise, leaving the Dinarobin mostly with couples and families with smaller children. The staff were very attentive, nothing was too much trouble for them. If like me you cant face the morning without a cup of tea having in-room tea and coffee in the room a nice touch. I do however really dislike powdered creamer in my tea so I asked for some fresh milk, it was delivered 10 mins after asking in a thermal jug which I could keep in the fridge and then refill at breakfast as needed.
I read a review where someone didn't like having to speak French, please don't let your lack of French put you off trying at least the occasional bon jour or merci, you will get more from the experience by trying (Tip:take with you a cheat sheet with some terms and phrases or a phrase book)
We had a junior suite in crescent 4 which was a nice and quiet location. I would say the spacious junior suites are more than enough for a couple or even a family with 1 or 2 small children and I wanted to take the bathroom home with me. Having a private pool in each of the crescents was a lovely bonus...and it was heated to a perfect temperature! We were on a 1st floor and did have some trees in front of the veranda but to be honest it really didn't detract from the spacious feel of our room and the pool and beach could still be glimpsed through the trees. We much preferred the beach at the Dinarobin but as in other reviews you will need some beach shoes as the sand on the whole of the peninsula has lots of coal in it being so close to the reef. If you want all the excellent water sports or golf it is a short shuttle ride or 20 minute walk to Le Paradise. We tried the glass bottom boat, paddle boarding, water skiing and snorkelling but there is so much more to try. The shuttles worked really well, the red shuttle between the two sister resorts and the white shuttles within each of the resorts, useful if there is a short rain shower.
I read comments about the price of the drinks, Yes the drinks are a bit on the pricey side however less than we experienced at a wedding recently at a local hotel here in the UK, so you have to balance where you are and the level of service you receive in addition to the drink in the glass, its all about the whole experience. I would suggest you consider booking the drinks package if you like to enjoy a drink or two on the beach, a glass with lunch, pre-dinner cocktails, wine with your meal and night caps.
As it was our anniversary we were given a 'light lunch package' but if I am honest we didn't take full advantage of it as breakfast was so delicious we often missed lunch to enjoy the amazing buffet dinner which was more then enough to suit every taste. (Tip: don't overload your plate, it is all too easy to overeat so use a smaller plate). There are other restaurants to try in both resorts but for us the Umami restaurant was one of the highlights of our stay and a perfect way to spend our last evening.
We booked two excursions with Maurotours, one on our anniversary day. We were surprised to be offered a private driver and guide for the day at very little extra. They made a real fuss of us with a special lunch and surprise cake which they boxed for us to take away with us. It was the prefect way to spend our day, thank you Kathleen our rep and Deepak our driver!
In short we loved our time at the Dinarobin and will be back. I hope you find this review useful.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have open verandas with sunbeds, first floor rooms have a more private balcany with seating.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Good morning

We love reading your beautiful review on your stay at The Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa and we thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed overview. May we extend once more our most sincere congratulations for your wedding anniversary!

Our suites are divided into 6 crescents and in the last 5 ones, you can find a swimming pool in the garden which can be heated whenever needed. These pools allow intimacy and privacy as at no time the feeling of being over-crowded exists. Besides, being located in a first floor suite allows our guests to enjoy their veranda and can even be considered as an extension of their bedroom.

We are glad that you enjoyed the water sports at Le Paradis where you have found a whole range of activities ranging from water ski, glass bottom boat, stand-up paddle to name a few… and all these free of charge!

We are delighted that you were satisfied with your choice of hotel and consider coming back for another visit. Rest assured that our whole team of artisans are eagerly looking forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We have stayed for 2 weeks (august 2017) in a Beachfront Club Junior Suite which was a lovely spacious room with a great terrace.
Upfront I requested an upper floor for noise limitations and additional privacy and this was granted and the first interactions were very good.
Upon arrival we were greeted personally by Berty and taken to our room. This had to be the amazing start to an amazing holiday.

Sadly, the remainder of our stay was not up to standard.
The hotel is spacious and provides an incredible sense of place (especially compared to the overcrowded Paradis).
Plenty of services to go around, but they just do not work on a daily basis.
The main problem with this hotel is its staff (excluding the people in the club and the concierge desk) and their lack of commitment to continuously deliver the high standards customers visiting this hotel require and expect. Daily excellence is missing in every service offered. Today it might work, tomorrow it won't and the day after they might consider it. It is just very frustrating: if you offer a certain service, just make sure it works. They offer the widest variety of services but no one knows when they will work.
e.g. Do you have to grab a drink at the beach bar today or is this the day the waiter will pass by? Shall I order a scented stick for today and will it be delivered or only 3 days after? Shall my room be made when I request housekeeping at 6:30AM and when returning at 2PM? It all did not happen.
Personnel in the restaurants prefer walking through the room looking at their smartphone instead of serving customers? When declining a coffee at the end of dinner, you instantly get served the check... I requested a glass of wine (paying!) and was unable to get it as it was sold out in the entire hotel...but if I ordered the bottle I was getting it.
Buffet is always the same only themed differently. Both Umami as well as La Ravanne were very disappointing with the latter offering horrible service (staff laughing at us as we requested on of the cosy tables instead of the lighted bar and the kitchen behind us, but it was first come first serve ... but yet there was one table available... all lies and they just did not feel like it).

There were so many wrongs to this hotel. Even Staff gossiping about customers, even customer relations starting mocking a customer together with someone else from the staff when the client came complaining. It was striking that even management did not care. Staff talking to one another in creool while the customer is there waiting and no attention is paid. Fear in the eyes of the reception workers when walking up to them...the kind of fear of "please do not talk to me".

This will never ever happen in top class hotels in the middle east or asia.
The sole people performing up to standards is Clifford and the team from the concierge.
I cannot compliment them enough. They made sure everything got arranged from trips to drinks.

I did complain in the hotel about service and got someone in my room the last day when packing. I was my fault that I was not in my room after 10AM for them to reach me and therefore could not talk to me about my problem. No one tried to reach me on the phone or left me a note to get in contact...but it was my fault. Nice to know the customer was wrong on this occasion.

It feels like all the customers are coming anyway and they do not need to make any effort to make them give the stay they want.

I give a 3* rating for the grounds and some of the team but I will never ever go back to this hotel or any of beachcomber hotels.

I am working in airport lounges and VIP services and this is so far below any standard I would never even think of offering or suggesting this to my clients.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gorik C

Good morning

We thank you for taking the time to post your review on The Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa.

We are very sad to read that our services were not up to your expectations and we have failed in several ways in delivering the service expected. Rest assured that we have taken note of every single point raised and have shared them with our team so that actions and measures are taken for improvement.

We are however glad that you have found in Clifford and our concierge team satisfaction and contentment. We will not miss sharing with them your positive feedback on their service.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Lovely picturesque hotel, food was exceptional and staff were very friendly. Not much to do of an evening though and drinks were very expensive meaning the bar was always empty. Just over £10 for a cocktail was a bit much considering elsewhere in Mauritius it was half the price. Very good that water sports were included and pool just outside room was ideal

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank E5178HRjoea

Good morning

We thank you for taking the time to share your review about your stay at The Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa.

We are glad that you enjoyed our food and beverage and trust that you took full advantage of our 8 restaurants shared with Le Paradis Beachcomber which is easily accessible by shuttle every 15 minutes.

We have a range of water sports free of charge that our guests can enjoy without any limit in our turquoise lagoon ranging from water ski, hobby cat , lazer, windsurf…..
We do hope to welcome you again for another holiday in a “lovely place”

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Great stay. The heated swimming pool is just wow...
Junior suite is very nice.
Good service overall
The facilities that we get to access Le Paradis hotel is great. Kids love the activities at Kids Club.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Good morning

It is with great pleasure that we read about your review on your family get-away weekend at The Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa.

Our kids club has an amazing location being seafacing and close to the main areas to facilitate access to the parents. Besides, we offer numerous activities where the children can sample all the sports just like the parents but at their own level starting from water ski, small line fishing, tennis, golf…. to name a few. It is important to note that at our kids club, we give priority to outdoor activities that are in symbiosis with nature. What a beautiful way to learn about our fauna and flora at the foot of Le Morne Mountain, UNESCO World Heritage Site!

Sharing the facilities with our sister hotel, Le Paradis, is also a definite advantage where one can have a choice of 8 restaurants, 2 Spas, 2 Sport Centres… between the two resorts. We do trust that you enjoyed the diversity of our resorts.

We are looking forward to welcoming you for another family week-end at our resort