The wife and I spent 10 days at this delightful hotel. Nestling between the rugged majesty of Le Morne mountain and the limpid waters of Indian Ocean, its position invites you to sit back and relax and wonder where you have been all your life.
Arriving at the hotel reception you are led through to the large free-form swimming pool and then the main restaurant. All the accommodation is in units spread along the beach front to the north of the reception area. It spreads quite a way and takes about 10 minutes to walk from one end of the hotel grounds to the other.
The accommodation is grouped in blocks of rooms/suites, which are each, in turn, grouped around small heated sea water swimming pools.
The beach is large and beautiful and was never crowded. Sun loungers were plentiful and well spaced out, as were beach/pool umbrellas, so there was never the early morning rush against the Teutonic sunbathers.
The staff are plentiful, helpful and always at hand when needed.
We had a standard room, with which we were very pleased. It was very large, with its own very large balcony and very large en-suite. Very well decorated and equipped.
Breakfast buffet was excellent. Dinner buffet also very good, although some of the desserts became a little repetitive .
Negatives - drink is expensive. I advise buying a bottle of gin at duty free on your way out and use your hotel room tonic water.
We were half board and lunchtime snacks are expensive, so take a roll from the breakfast buffet, stuff it with ham and cheese and enjoy it for lunch.
All water sports are at the sister hotel, The Paradis, and were a 20 minute walk away from our room -not convenient. You can get a shuttle which go every 15 minutes.
There is a very nice golf course, again at the Paradis, but this, too, is expensive.
To sum up, it's a great hotel to relax at and enjoy the beautiful beach and surroundings, but if you like water sports, I would try a hotel where they are more convenient to access
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The symbol of tropical elegance An elegant five-star resort in Mauritius, Dinarobin Hotel Golf & Spa is a haven of peace and tranquility - the ideal setting for your luxury holiday in Mauritius and the perfect sanctuary to renew your body and soul. Cascading pools dotted with islets bright with flowers, spacious wooden decks, terraces designed with sea views and tropical gardens planted with exotic trees make Dinarobin the symbol of tropical elegance in Mauritius. Located on the most scenic shoreline in Mauritius with the spectacular Le Morne mountain acting as a dramatic backdrop, Dinarobin offers an intimate village setting. The resort features luxurious all-suite accommodation that blends harmoniously into the lush tropical gardens. Dinarobin and Paradis, an adjacent Beachcomber resort of the same category, share facilities. Guests of Dinarobin have access to the 18-hole Par 72 golf course at Paradis and to eight inviting restaurants, four at each hotel. Dinarobin also offers a range of complimentary land and water sports and access to two additional championship golf courses in the vicinity. The Spa is without a doubt the most beautiful spa in Mauritius and the ideal place to relax and be pampered. The resort's fabulous setting is complemented by world-class service. The ever-attentive staff attends to your every whim in the restaurants, in your suite or on the beach as you relax in the shade under your straw parasol. For absolute indulgence during your holiday in Mauritius, choose Dinarobin, a resort that offers new standards in luxury, a place of calm and beauty that will soothe your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, getaroom.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dinarobin Hotel Golf And Spa
- Dinarobin Hotel Golf Le Morne
- Dinarobin Hotel Le Morne
- Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa Mauritius/Le Morne