other traveller has booked this property

Review of Charming Apartment

Fully equipped kitchen
1st bedroom opening on the balcony
2nd bedroom - 2 twin beds
Bathroom
View of the balcony from the pool
yard
secured gate with a security guard at the door 24/7
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terrible - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

cors84
Gallarate, Italy
“Nice apartment but bad experience”
Reviewed 1 May 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

We had a bad experience, it's a shame because it's a beautiful and comfortable apartment, close to beaches and supermarkets in a very nice residence with very friendly and helpful security guards.

For two months we had to use a dishwasher with a lot of rust inside that is not hygienic and we have the photos. After a week we ask you to change the inner baskets but the owner did notchange them and she did not tell us anything for the rest of the rental.

We spent two months with serious problems of lack of water and electricity. Many days without water or with only cold water. The water and the electricity every other day turn off and the last days we was without many lights in the house ( including the bedroom ) and without air con ( it was too hot ), and the owner doesn’t bring us at least one fan. Water and electricity are the most important things in a house. They don’t have to rent an house with so severe issues. I would like to inform the next guests about this issues.

The owner's husband come to the apartment to change the gas bottle and he dropped it there without even asking if we needed help, because obviously we did not know how to install it and we had to call a guy who lives in the house next door to fix it. You rent an apartment so you must have someone that is capable to fix the gas bottle. Someone to bring us the bottle ( you left us a day and a half without gas ), someone who takes care of emergencies.

You rent an apartment and you have to check the water and electricity system. It’s a shame how you how did you treat us, not even a fan you brought us the last days that were too hot and we were without air con.

One day an incident occurred where the electrical system of the building caught fire and we risk serious injury and damage. This is due to the lack of security and malfunction of the electrical and water system in the building. Not in the all residence, only in that building where is this apartment. The other buildings of residence Tanzi never have issues! You can not rent an apartment under these conditions, you are crazy.

It's no coincidence that there was so many issues of lack of electricity and water only in that building where is this apartment and there was a fire accident caused by a malfunction of the electricity system in the same bulding. And also we think that it's no coincidence that the electricity bill was so high.

We meet a girl that live in front of the apartment that tell us that this building have this kind of problems. The other buildings in the residence Tanzi have lack of water just one day in two months, all the other times ( many many times ), the lack was only in your apartment, we check and we ask to other owners. Plus the guards and the plumbers tell us that in Mauritius they never have lack of electricity and water!!!

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
10 May 2017
These guests are just pure liars. Since the first month they were at my place. They lost the car key of the car they rented along with my apartment key which i did not charge them. It's only after they left that i got to know that to make a duplicate it's very expensive because it is a special one which is coded. They forgot to mention that the afternoon it happened from
6pm till 10pm we stayed with them to make sure they were safe because the car company sent two guys to leave another car keys and came to take them to get the car at the beach where they lost the keys. Even on that night they were arguing with the car company because as per the agreement they signed they had to bear the cost of anything lost. Just imaging what kind of people they are. They told the guys they were overcharging them. They lost the keys so it was normal to reimburse the company. I did not charge them for my apartment key which they lost. I should have. Another thing, I suggested them a maid on the first day they told me they would handle the cleaning themselves. They broke my blinds in the living room, the place was left so dirty that my maid took 3 days to put it back to the initial state. My linens(bed sheets were filthy with sands and muds). As for the electricity which they are complaining and about the heat, they are just lying. This place has an ecological concept they used the electricity consumption (-air conditioning) exagerately. My bill for these two months they were at my place is USD1323. Two months!!! As for the gas they are lying. The first time it had to be changed my husband came to replace it himself. One month later the gas bottle was already finished. It is as if they used my place to cook throughout the day. Every household here in mauritius uses gas for cooking and one gas bottle for a family can last for up to 3 months. They used two gas bottles. How is it possible? The second time it had to be replaced my husband was suffering from a severe back pain and i came very early in the morning to drop a gas bottle and made arrangements with the security guard to have it changed. What did they expect? That my husband suffering from his back came to change it himself just to please them because mr jacopo is incapable of changing a bottle of gas. This is a rental vacation not a hotel where you press the button and expect somebody infront of you in the next minute. Internet was refilled each time it was finished. I would not recommend anyone to have such guests at their place. For the money they would pay all of it would go into paying the electricity bill and the gas.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing