Free cancellation until 24/07
USD 222
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 249/night.

Free cancellation until 22/07
Sea View Villas(Balaclava)
USD 116
USD 173
bedfinder
The Oberoi, Mauritius(Pointe Aux Piments)
USD 1,043
USD 592
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa(Pointe Aux Piments)
USD 391
USD 258
Official Site
Le Meridien Ile Maurice(Pointe Aux Piments)
USD 306
USD 235
  • Breakfast included
2,050 results
All reviewsragulime restaurantsports villageadults only sectionbeach barbeach fronttaba jwater sportsfloating restaurantchef benstreet foodsushiall inclusive packagemini barfamily suitemauritian restaurantspecial thanks
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel nice people, and i highly reconmend the teens club as it was a very fun experience to meet other teens to hang out with especially with a member of staff called Savish. Though occasionly the service in restaurants is not up to standard. Also I really enjoyed the free water sport activities and this includes watet skiing, kyaking, paddle boarding, snorkelling and a few more ones so i highly reconmend taking advantage.

3  Thank Harry R
523guestrelations, General Manager at The Ravenala Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Harry,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your holidays.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the overall resort, the Teens Club, water activities as well as the hospitality of our Family Members, namely Sarvish whom you recommended.

I have read with concern your remarks regarding the service in restaurant which was not as per your expectations and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. Please rest assured that your message has been shared in the team's briefing in view of improvement.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for another great time with us.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Just returned from an amazing holiday! Ravenala Attitude surpassed our expectations especially in relation to activities that were all included...... My daughter learnt to water ski thanks to great guys at the boathouse, my son loved the daily snorkeling trips and I found the Hatha yoga classes with Shaaron excellent and the gym classes with Shardish great for working off some of the calories consumed with the fab food and drink on offer! We used the kayaks and SUPs too.
The restaurants were top class and Lime was well worth the supplement. Kot Nou and Il Tavola were other favorites as were the curries in the buffet restaurant. Lunch at the bistro and o beach was tasty and service great. Breakfast had lots of variety and the breads were fab.
The girls at the kids club made my kids feel welcome and the waterpolo and aqua gym classes were a great way to pass the time by the fabulous pools.
My husband found the dive centre at the Maritime hotel next door excellent with daily dives that included wreck dives etc.
Our suite was a great size for a family of four and the bed was really comfortable.
We definitely hope to return to Ravenala again.

3  Thank twoplustwo2018
523guestrelations, General Manager at The Ravenala Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Good morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time of sharing such a nice review of your holidays at The Ravenala Attitude.

It is a pleasure to read that we have meet your expectations and I am glad that your daughter enjoyed her water ski lessons. Thank you for your appreciation of the activities, variety of food and drinks especially at Kot Nou and A Tavola, the kids club service and special attention of our Family Members namely Sharon and Shardish whom you recommended.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We had a really nice holidays on Mauritius island.
Our stay at the hotel was exceptional. The location of the hotel is superb also the layout of the hotel is nice, it has a lot of green and open space. Our room was comfortable and you have enough space to move around.
Food in main restaurant was delicious. Also we recommend you to book a la carte restaurants that hotel offers you. It is best to book them as soon as you arrive, because they can be quite full.
Staff at the hotel is friendly and helpful. We would like to especially thank barman Ved and his family, for opening their home to us and inviting us to spent a lovely evening with them and get a feel of local life/traditions. It is hotel policy to offer this “otentik” experience to their guests, so we recommend you to ask at reception if they can arrange you to spent an evening with one of their employees and his family.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mark M

Dear Mark,

Thank you for choosing The Ravenala Attitude for your holidays.

It is a pleasure to read your appreciation about the overall hotel layout and location as well as our facilities, food and special attention of our Family Members.

Thank you for enjoying the Otentik dinner at our Family Member's place and Ved was more than happy to welcome you.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for another great vacation with us.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Just returned from Ravenala Attitude after a 10 night stay. We have not given it 5 stars due to the beach and sea which was a let down. The sea is not as blue as the photographs and looks a bit murky, probably due to a river being along the side of the hotel. The beach was quite gritty and apparently to walk in the sea it was very stony underfoot and you are advised to wear shoes! It’s a shame because we like to swim in the sea but it didn’t look very inviting.
However, the hotel was very nice. We had a lovely room overlooking the pool, although the shower room and w.c did look like they were in need of some refurb. The wardrobe was inadequate for long dresses and a magnifying mirror in the bathroom would be an asset.
We enjoyed the individual restaurants more than the buffet and in particular the Mauritian Restaurant called Kot Nou. The food was excellent and beautifully presented by the new chef, who I think was called Bingh, and I gathered had only been working there for two weeks. The rest of the staff in Kot Nou were also very good and very attentive. We only managed 2 nights there as they were always fully booked.
The Italian restaurant, A Tavola, we found disorganised and one waitress was quite
rude.

The Bistro was very good and we celebrated our wedding anniversary with a table by the water. They even presented us with a celebration cake, which we couldn’t manage to eat and they wrapped it to take back to our room. Unfortunately when we returned to our room the next day hoping to have another slice, it had disappeared!!
The Beach Restaurant for lunch and Dinner were quite good.
They also did a beach bbq every day but the menu never changed and on a couple of occasions when we tried steak or pork it wasn’t very good.

Most staff were very helpful and in particular we would like to mention pool waiters, Swadish and Mozahir plus beach waiters Ragu, Kisha and Vince. Hope I haven’t missed anyone as they were amazing and would help In anyway and you only had to ask.

I would recommend the hotel if you are not bothered about the beach and sea.
The swimming pools were lovely and there were lots of things to do if you wanted to join in, plus some beach sports included.
Lots of family groups with young children having a great time.

Hope this feedback helps.

Room Tip: Our room was 2208 and was with pool view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan G
H0tels_Management, General Manager at The Ravenala Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Susan,

Thank you for sharing your experience following your stay at The Ravenala Attitude and for recommending our resort to other travelers.

I am glad that you have appreciated our overall resort and the hospitality of our Family members.

I have read your comments on the beach and sea with much concern. I would like to inform you that we have been going through unusual continuous heavy rainfalls for the past few weeks, causing the sea water to change in terms of color. Unfortunately, during your stay, the sea colour was not yet back to its normal blue one. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to your holidays.

I am happy that you have enjoyed your room and I have taken good note of your suggestions and remarks.

I am sorry that the service at A Tavola! did not meet with your expectations and for which I would like to extend my apologies. I have shared your comments with our team in view of improvement.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a better experience, when the weather is good,

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I am currently here on holiday with my family and so far I've had an amazing experience, the staff here are very nice and kind and always make sure that you have a pleasant experience. The activities here are more than adequate and the staff on the beach are very good at keeping you entertained. My favourite member of staff here is called Sarvish, he runs the teens club and he is very kind, charming and entertaining. He also manages the gym and he's a fitness instructor, he also does: yoga, meditation, abs class, stretching and many water sport activities like kayak. Besides, he organises volley ball, and ping pong tournaments. I am genuinely pleased to say I have had a lovely time so far and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I'm sure this holiday will be great from now until I board my plane. LOVE THIS PLACE.

1  Thank JackyboyRogers
523guestrelations, General Manager at The Ravenala Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Jacky,

Thank you for taking the time of sharing such a nice review during your family holidays at The Ravenala Attitude.

It is a pleasure to read your positive comments, activities and special attention of our Family Members namely Sarvish whom you recommended.

Once again thank you for this warm message and I wish you a nice day ahead.

Kind regards,