1,140 results
All reviews street food seabreeze bar two weeks main restaurant sea view wave bar sunset cruise glass door taba j dogs and cats plenty of sunbeds toilet and shower mauritian restaurant wraps lobster night boat house stone fish
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are just completing a two weeks holiday at the Sensimar lagoon.

The hotel is beautifully appointed, with fantastic views, well layed out, good facilities and we cannot sing the praises of the staff enough. In our two weeks, we have not met a single member of staff who has not gone out of their way to ensure that we have a great time. The rooms are cleaned to a high standard, daily, with fresh towels provided, as requested. The hotel grounds are professionally maintained to a very high standard (well done to the grounds team). The bar and restaurant staff cannot do enough for you.

I have seen some reviews that level criticism at the food. My wife and I have been fortunate enough to have holidayed much during our lifetime, and so have a reasonable breadth of experience when it comes to things like this, and the food here is nothing short of excellent. The food in the buffet is excellent and if you venture into either the Cullinarium or Kot Nou restaurants, the food really is first class. The lunchtime cheeseburger in the Cullinarium is definitely not to be missed!

The beaches are largely comprised of finely crushed coral mixed with sand, which I recognise is not to everyones taste, but the beaches are white and beautifully maintained and for the time of year that we stayed here (hotel was approx. 80% full), we were never hunting for a sun lounger. Swimming from the shore is easy with crystal clear waters to meet those who venture in (do wear water shoes, though, just to be safe: as there are potentially, stone fish and sea urchins that may be trod on, if you are really super unlucky to find one underfoot).

Every evening the hotel puts on live entertainment, which in the main is pretty good. There is also a good range of daytime activities for those who do not wish to venture out or bathe in the sun all day.

The only negative remark that I can truely make relates to check in. Others have mentioned this already, so I will not labour the point, but it is a bit of a protracted process. To the Sensimar management team, for guests who have travelled for the best part of 16/17 hours to get to the hotel, this really needs to be addressed. Guests should be able to access their rooms within 20 minutes of arrival, as they will be exhausted and will, almost certainly want to freshen up, before starting their stay.

In closing, we would just like to thank all of the staff who helped make our stay so enjoyable and memorable. We will definitely be returning.

Paul

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulbudd48
523guestrelations, Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Dear Paul,

Thank you for choosing TUI SENSIMAR Lagoon Mauritius for your holiday.

I am delighted to know that you liked the hotel as well as the hospitality of our Family Members. I am privileged to be working with a team of genuinely caring and committed individuals, who will be thrilled to receive your appreciation of their efforts.

I will share your good impressions with all the team and I am sure they will be glad to know that they contributed in making your stay a pleasant and memorable one.

I took good note your constructive comment on the check in and this will be discussed with the Management team to bring some improvements.

We look forward to welcome you back again very soon for another great stay at our resort.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I have just returned from a weeks holiday with my husband and we had a fabulous time.
The hotel is lovely but its the staff who really made ourstay special. Everyone was so warm and helpful.
For food we loved the food huts for lunch and the Kot nou were fantastic in ensuring my husband had a lovely birthday meal there. They went above and beyond to make our evening special plus the food was lovely too. We loved the beach bar and the staff there Vinesh, kosall, divesh and Shashi were all amazing, friendly and served great drinks. Nothing was ever too much
The Pool party on saturday was fun and my husband especially liked how they converted the conference room into a world cup viewing room showing all the games.
We went out and visited grand baie and nasus at reception helped us order a taxi and was helpful in sorting it all out easly for us.
Slight downside is the room could have been cleaner but we didnt let that ruin iur stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
523guestrelations, Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Hello,

Thank you for choosing TUI SENSIMAR Lagoon Mauritius for your holiday.

I am glad that the hotel was up to your expectations and you enjoyed to the maximum your time among us. It is with immense pleasure that I have passed on your good impressions with all our Family Members as a source of encouragement to continue the great work. They are happy that they contributed in making your stay a pleasant and memorable one.

Looking forward to welcome you back again for another wonderful stay at our resort.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We spent 2 weeks here on our honeymoon and we had the best time in simply paradise!
Every single member of staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough for you.
Stunning views, immaculate gardens and grounds.
Plenty of sun beds and places to chill.
The food was excellent with plenty to choose from and a varied evening buffet. Lunch at the beach huts and lounge bar were our favourites. The evening a la carte restaurant was also very nice for our "romantic meal".
We went on the evening sun set cruise on the catamaran which was fab, we had so much fun with the skippers who provided great entertainment.
Brilliant memories, thank you so much for making our honeymoon so special.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018

It was just a wonderfull stay and as it was everything we wanted for our honeymoon. Great staff, always friendly, smiling and helpful. Very clean room every day of our stay. The food was good, fresh and well prepared. We loved the streetfood but also the buffet in the main restaurant was good. Enough choice for everybody. Especially the dinner in the Culinarium was outstanding. Perfect prepared food, presented on the plate as a gift and combined with a good wine - it was top.
The bars served good cocktails and coffee. What we appiciated the most....it was our first stay at on adult only hotel and we enjoyed it and enough sunbeds near the beach and swimming pools, no need to put your towel there at 6 am to reserve a good spot.
We loved the entertainment program in the evening, some singers were realy good.
Is it a place to visit again...for sure.

Room Tip: We had suite with jacuzzi on the balcony and seaview. I can recommend this.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rdg12122018
523guestrelations, Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the experiences of your stay at TUI SENSIMAR Lagoon Mauritius.

I am glad that you liked the hotel as well as the hospitality of our Family Members. It's a privileged for me to work with such a wonderful team, who will be thrilled to receive your appreciation of their efforts.

I have shared your good impressions with all our Family Members and they are happy to know that they contributed in making your stay a pleasant and memorable one.

Looking forward to welcome you back again very soon for another great stay among us.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

My boyfriend and I have just returned from 2 weeks here at the Sensimar and we are very sad to have left.

I'll get the only minor negatives out of the way first. As you may see a common theme is the bad check in process. There appears to be no computerised check in service so this is all done by hand, hence the long process. Please be aware you may not be able to get into your room straight away, we had to wait an hour and half - but we went into the buffet had some breakfast which killed time. As we'd read the reviews before we went, we were prepared for this so it didn't bother us too much. The only other slight negative is our room wasn't cleaned until late in the day between 2:30-3:30, once again this didn't effect us too much as we didn't return to the room until quite late.

Now on to all the wonderful bits!
The staff make this hotel and all are a real credit. Shivam in the main restaurant remembered our drinks orders every time and always managed to find us a table outside, which was a really lovely touch. Jessen has a really great sense of humour and no request is too big, he went above and beyond. The beach drinks staff (unfortunately we didn't get his name) was a great laugh and very attentive.

Restaurants
During our stay we had dinner at the Culinarium restaurant where we received outstanding service from the team - the food was exquisite compliments to the Chef. Whilst at the Sensimar we booked a dinner on the beach and this exceeded all expectations. From the set up to the food to the service. Rounesh was our personal waiter for the night and what a delightful man he is, always smiling and providing excellence service. If you can this was well worth the extra money. The culinarium also does a great burger at lunch time!

We also visited the Kot Nou (where men can wear shorts) and this was one of the best nights we had. The Kot Nou team served delicious food and even did a bit of evening entertainment with some singing and dancing, I was in tears of laughter by the end of the night and didn't want to leave the restaurant!

I've read reviews claiming there to be salty bread and food?? I'm not sure what hotel they were staying at but it clearly wasn't the Sensimar. All the food in the buffet was good and we never struggled to find anything.

The street food near the Kot Nou, at lunch, was very tasty and was nice to change it up.

The hotel itself is very beautiful with areas to suit everyone, from infinity pools to bar swings to the hammocks on the beach. The sea is sandy on the bottom and very clear, but would recommend water shoes to be safe. Our room was cleaned to a high standard and was really lovely, we had booked a garden view but ended up with a limit sea view. They're nice and spacious with a safe and lots of storage room.

The evening entertainment can be a bit hit and miss but this isn't a lively/clubby hotel - this hotel is for relaxation. A really nice touch is there is a football room where you can watch the World Cup and has a great morale from all the team.

My parents are currently staying at the Sensimar and we are very jealous - as soon as the team knew very parents were coming out they've said they'd keep an eye out.

This hotel gave us the complete refresh from the every day that we needed, it's a real slice of paradise. If you have a chance to stay here then do!

Room Tip: If you're booking with TUI on the additional requests ask for a high room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ExplorerEllie
523guestrelations, Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Ellie,

I am delighted that you liked the hotel as well as the hospitality of our Family Members. I am privileged to be working with a team of genuinely caring and committed individuals, who will be thrilled to receive your appreciation of their efforts.

I have shared your good impressions with all the team as a source of encouragement to continue the great service usually afforded to our guests. They are all happy to know that you enjoyed to the maximum your time among us and your comment of categorising the hotel as a real slice of paradise is particularly heart-warming.

Looking forward to welcome you back again very soon for another pleasant and memorable stay at our resort.