1,138 results
All reviews street food seabreeze bar two weeks main restaurant sea view wave bar sunset cruise glass door taba j dogs and cats plenty of sunbeds toilet and shower mauritian restaurant wraps lobster night boat house stone fish
Reviewed 20 June 2018

My boyfriend and I have just returned from 2 weeks here at the Sensimar and we are very sad to have left.

I'll get the only minor negatives out of the way first. As you may see a common theme is the bad check in process. There appears to be no computerised check in service so this is all done by hand, hence the long process. Please be aware you may not be able to get into your room straight away, we had to wait an hour and half - but we went into the buffet had some breakfast which killed time. As we'd read the reviews before we went, we were prepared for this so it didn't bother us too much. The only other slight negative is our room wasn't cleaned until late in the day between 2:30-3:30, once again this didn't effect us too much as we didn't return to the room until quite late.

Now on to all the wonderful bits!
The staff make this hotel and all are a real credit. Shivam in the main restaurant remembered our drinks orders every time and always managed to find us a table outside, which was a really lovely touch. Jessen has a really great sense of humour and no request is too big, he went above and beyond. The beach drinks staff (unfortunately we didn't get his name) was a great laugh and very attentive.

Restaurants
During our stay we had dinner at the Culinarium restaurant where we received outstanding service from the team - the food was exquisite compliments to the Chef. Whilst at the Sensimar we booked a dinner on the beach and this exceeded all expectations. From the set up to the food to the service. Rounesh was our personal waiter for the night and what a delightful man he is, always smiling and providing excellence service. If you can this was well worth the extra money. The culinarium also does a great burger at lunch time!

We also visited the Kot Nou (where men can wear shorts) and this was one of the best nights we had. The Kot Nou team served delicious food and even did a bit of evening entertainment with some singing and dancing, I was in tears of laughter by the end of the night and didn't want to leave the restaurant!

I've read reviews claiming there to be salty bread and food?? I'm not sure what hotel they were staying at but it clearly wasn't the Sensimar. All the food in the buffet was good and we never struggled to find anything.

The street food near the Kot Nou, at lunch, was very tasty and was nice to change it up.

The hotel itself is very beautiful with areas to suit everyone, from infinity pools to bar swings to the hammocks on the beach. The sea is sandy on the bottom and very clear, but would recommend water shoes to be safe. Our room was cleaned to a high standard and was really lovely, we had booked a garden view but ended up with a limit sea view. They're nice and spacious with a safe and lots of storage room.

The evening entertainment can be a bit hit and miss but this isn't a lively/clubby hotel - this hotel is for relaxation. A really nice touch is there is a football room where you can watch the World Cup and has a great morale from all the team.

My parents are currently staying at the Sensimar and we are very jealous - as soon as the team knew very parents were coming out they've said they'd keep an eye out.

This hotel gave us the complete refresh from the every day that we needed, it's a real slice of paradise. If you have a chance to stay here then do!

Room Tip: If you're booking with TUI on the additional requests ask for a high room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ExplorerEllie
523guestrelations, Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Ellie,

Thank you for sharing the experiences of your stay at TUI SENSIMAR Lagoon Mauritius.

I am delighted that you liked the hotel as well as the hospitality of our Family Members. I am privileged to be working with a team of genuinely caring and committed individuals, who will be thrilled to receive your appreciation of their efforts.

I have shared your good impressions with all the team as a source of encouragement to continue the great service usually afforded to our guests. They are all happy to know that you enjoyed to the maximum your time among us and your comment of categorising the hotel as a real slice of paradise is particularly heart-warming.

Looking forward to welcome you back again very soon for another pleasant and memorable stay at our resort.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived at 7.30am and were taken to the dining area for breakfast.

The whole process of checking in needs to be looked at. It doesn’t create a good impression.

We stayed in room 212 and noticed on our first night that there was a damp patch on the ceiling and a strong smell of disinfectant. After speaking to Kevin we were moved to room 324.

Rooms are pretty basic, there was a noisy fridge in ours which didn’t help at bed time, the mini bar is also basic. I noticed the grubby full length mirror wasn’t cleaned throughout our stay and there were no plug sockets near it.

The hotel do not provide room service. This was a huge negative for us as we missed the meal time slot and had to go hungry on our first night.

The toiletries in the shower were very basic and didn’t smell nice at all, take your own products.

Food was a bit hit and miss, we loved the Mauritian themed night but the gala dinner was a let down. My partner is vegan and there wasn’t much he could eat, I found a live bug on my prawns and it ruined our night.

Tables are not wiped down, we noticed this happen quite a few times. The waiters and waitresses are lovely though, especially Eka.

The positives of this hotel are definitely the staff, nothing is too much trouble for them.

The beach is beautiful, with clear water, but ensure you take sea shoes.

Overall we enjoyed our stay but we will not be back to this hotel as we felt it lacks the wow factor.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Oran78
523guestrelations, Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hello,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I am glad to read that you appreciated the hospitality of our Family Members. Your kind words have been shared with them as a source of encouragement to continue the great work.

It’s also a pleasure to know that your overall experiences were positive despite some inconsistencies you encountered during your stay, for this I would like to extend my sincere apologies.

All your valued comments have been duly discussed with the Management team and I would like to assure you that necessary actions have already been put in place to rectify those areas that need improvements.

Concerning the food, we have our 3 restaurants which offer different specialities including seafood buffet on alternate Mondays. Furthermore, our Chefs are always available and happy to suggest tailor-made vegan dishes to your partner and I regret you did not mention your impression during your stay.

I do hope to welcome you again in the future to deliver the usual great experience. We would like you to witness the positive changes.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We stayed at the Sensimar between 27th May and 11th June. As I slept all the way from the airport I missed the arrival at the hotel but when I awoke and entered the hotel I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very clean and welcoming. We had to wait a little while for our room but knew this would probably be the case so headed to the restaurant for some breakfast and a welcome cuppa. When we were shown to our room 512 we were very happy. It was clean and had a lovely view of the beach restaurant and tennis courts.
From day 1 everyone was so friendly. Rena in the main restaurant was brilliant and looked after us so well .
Food - Main restaurant - lots of choice and plenty to eat..I even tried Oysters and loved them lol. We only had 1 night where the food was a bit hit and miss.
The beach street food was amazing as was the burgers in the Cullinarium at lunch time.
Drink - I had the most delicious fizzy pink wine every day and even hubby was converted.
The bars were great especially the Sea Breeze bar - always happy to serve and really entertaining. this was out nightly haunt as the entertainment was not always to our taste and we could hear it from the SeaBreeze bar,
Complex- Stunning, clean and very well cared for. Lots of birds nesting in the trees which was a joy to watch especially the nest building.
Animals - I fell in love with one of the dogs and wnated to bring him home, they were the best fed and well behaved dogs, My only concern is the lack of welfare for these lovely animals, we as visitors would be happy to donate to their care to ensure that they received vet care PLEASE put a donation box in reception. The gorgeous little cream cat was also really friendly and was partial to a saucer of milk and tuna :). I was horrified to learn that the dog catcher had tried to take her away and some of the dogs. Luckily some loely German people rescued them. The group of people we made friends with were VERY VERY upset about this especially as some dogs DID disappear.
Trips - I would say deffo do the cattamaran trip from the boat house, watch out for the Jungle juice though. My hubby also went up in the sea plane which he said was fantastic, We also booked a taxi for the day and travelled to some beautiful places including the Botanical gardens where the guide was brilliant ans so funny. The temple was a special place for me and I found it very spiritual. We say monkeys at the Black Gorge waterfalls.
I could write so much more about this special place.
Would I go back , probably not but overall a brilliant holiday in a beautiful place that will always have a little piece of my heart. Thank you Sensimar Lagoon.xx.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Frosty1302
Reviewed 17 June 2018

We believe in "The Right to Write"
Dear Debbie B,
We need you to make some changes and resubmit your review to comply with our guidelines.
We noticed your review describes several locations. We want travelers considering those businesses to learn from your experiences.
For this to happen, we need you to please submit a new review to each location, describing only the experience you had with that business. The text of your original review is included below, so you can copy and paste the relevant sections into each new review.
Start by submitting a revised review for TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius using this form. Then locate the other location(s) on our site and click the 'Write a Review' button on the business' page.
If a business you want to review doesn't have a listing yet, you can learn how to request one here.
Thanks for being part of the TripAdvisor community!
TripAdvisor Support Team

TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius
Anse La Raie
Wonderful holiday very friendly hotel staff.
The hotel and our room was clean and staff are welcoming. check in was a little slow, however we had just completed a 12 hour flight and had been awake for 27 hours. So this may of been a factor, we were lucky as our room was ready, others had to wait for about an hour. (Check in could be as late as 2pm)

There are 3 places to eat; the main restaurant is for breakfast, lunch and your evening meal, I found the food to be acceptable, could be a little hit and miss, some of the sauces are very tasty, but on some occasions there was not much choice for my palate. The beef with mint gravy, fish especially the salmon, and white chocolate pud in tiny glasses were my favourites. The burgers at the restaurant by the surfing shop was enjoyable I enjoyed the chips more. The street food was tasty, the fish and chicken which was freshly BBQ was cooked perfectly.

Take beach shoes as warnings of stone fish are given on the beach. We went in May/June and a little windy, sea a little cold for me.

There are stray dogs and cats who live at the hotel. They do not bother you, but if you like dogs then they do like the odd treat and the cat would not say no to some milk.

We went out for the day and saw - Water falls, Coloured sands, Botanical gardens and Hindu Temple. This trip was incredible, I had a blessing at the Hindu Temple. Our guide took us to an local restaurant for authentic Mauritian food - a very lovely meal and very welcoming, .

Overall the hotel was nice. What made our holiday was meeting lovely, kind people, who we hope to keep in touch with.

My husband and I paid top notch no discount £1700 per person. If I had paid between £1300/£1400 this would be a fantastic value for money.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie B
523guestrelations, Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Debbie,

I am delighted that you liked the hotel as well as the hospitality of our Family Members. It's a privileged for me to work with such a wonderful team and they are happy to receive your appreciation of their efforts. I have shared your good impressions with all of them as a source of encouragement to continue the great work. Chef and his team are glad that you enjoyed our culinary proposals.

Stray dogs and cats are indeed a national problem on the island. Rest assured we are in contact with the Mauritius Society for Animal Welfare to help us tackle this issue at our level.

We look forward to welcome you back again next year for another pleasant holiday at our resort.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Just home from two wonderful weeks at Sensimar,what a beautiful resort with amazing staff (family).I have two slight negatives I will get them out of the way first. (1) disappointed its not completely all inclusive but that did not spoil our holiday(2) cigarette price at resort more than double shop price. Now for the positives, the resort is absolutely beautiful and kept that way by hard working staff, the staff all the staff are a credit to the resort. I would like to say a special thank you to Nundini who looked after us and our room, to Rudy our rep very nice,helpful and informative man(and to David our driver for the tour of island)to the sunset cruise team (thanks for the birthday cake!!!) I would like to name everyone and thank them but I didn't get all the names so THANK YOU ALL. The food and drinks were amazing, the staff were amazing, resort is amazing We had amazing holiday. Bill and Mandy (room 1004)

Room Tip: sea or seaside room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William C
523guestrelations, Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear William,

Thank your for this glowing review of your stay at TUI SENSIMAR Lagoon Mauritius.

I am glad that you liked the hotel as well as the hospitality of our Family Members. I am privileged to be working with a team of genuinely caring and committed individuals, who will be thrilled to receive your appreciation of their efforts.

Your kind words have been passed with all our Family Members mainly Nundini as a source of encouragement to continue the great service usually afforded to our guests.

Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again very soon for another pleasant and memorable stay at our resort.