1,171 results
All reviews street food seabreeze bar two weeks sea view main restaurant sunset cruise wave bar noodles glass door taba j dogs and cats plenty of sunbeds toilet and shower wraps lobster night mauritian restaurant boat house
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We stayed at the Sensimar between 27th May and 11th June. As I slept all the way from the airport I missed the arrival at the hotel but when I awoke and entered the hotel I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very clean and welcoming. We had to wait a little while for our room but knew this would probably be the case so headed to the restaurant for some breakfast and a welcome cuppa. When we were shown to our room 512 we were very happy. It was clean and had a lovely view of the beach restaurant and tennis courts.
From day 1 everyone was so friendly. Rena in the main restaurant was brilliant and looked after us so well .
Food - Main restaurant - lots of choice and plenty to eat..I even tried Oysters and loved them lol. We only had 1 night where the food was a bit hit and miss.
The beach street food was amazing as was the burgers in the Cullinarium at lunch time.
Drink - I had the most delicious fizzy pink wine every day and even hubby was converted.
The bars were great especially the Sea Breeze bar - always happy to serve and really entertaining. this was out nightly haunt as the entertainment was not always to our taste and we could hear it from the SeaBreeze bar,
Complex- Stunning, clean and very well cared for. Lots of birds nesting in the trees which was a joy to watch especially the nest building.
Animals - I fell in love with one of the dogs and wnated to bring him home, they were the best fed and well behaved dogs, My only concern is the lack of welfare for these lovely animals, we as visitors would be happy to donate to their care to ensure that they received vet care PLEASE put a donation box in reception. The gorgeous little cream cat was also really friendly and was partial to a saucer of milk and tuna :). I was horrified to learn that the dog catcher had tried to take her away and some of the dogs. Luckily some loely German people rescued them. The group of people we made friends with were VERY VERY upset about this especially as some dogs DID disappear.
Trips - I would say deffo do the cattamaran trip from the boat house, watch out for the Jungle juice though. My hubby also went up in the sea plane which he said was fantastic, We also booked a taxi for the day and travelled to some beautiful places including the Botanical gardens where the guide was brilliant ans so funny. The temple was a special place for me and I found it very spiritual. We say monkeys at the Black Gorge waterfalls.
I could write so much more about this special place.
Would I go back , probably not but overall a brilliant holiday in a beautiful place that will always have a little piece of my heart. Thank you Sensimar Lagoon.xx.

2  Thank Frosty1302
Reviewed 17 June 2018

We believe in "The Right to Write"
Dear Debbie B,
We need you to make some changes and resubmit your review to comply with our guidelines.
We noticed your review describes several locations. We want travelers considering those businesses to learn from your experiences.
For this to happen, we need you to please submit a new review to each location, describing only the experience you had with that business. The text of your original review is included below, so you can copy and paste the relevant sections into each new review.
Start by submitting a revised review for TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius using this form. Then locate the other location(s) on our site and click the 'Write a Review' button on the business' page.
If a business you want to review doesn't have a listing yet, you can learn how to request one here.
Thanks for being part of the TripAdvisor community!
TripAdvisor Support Team

TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius
Anse La Raie
Wonderful holiday very friendly hotel staff.
The hotel and our room was clean and staff are welcoming. check in was a little slow, however we had just completed a 12 hour flight and had been awake for 27 hours. So this may of been a factor, we were lucky as our room was ready, others had to wait for about an hour. (Check in could be as late as 2pm)

There are 3 places to eat; the main restaurant is for breakfast, lunch and your evening meal, I found the food to be acceptable, could be a little hit and miss, some of the sauces are very tasty, but on some occasions there was not much choice for my palate. The beef with mint gravy, fish especially the salmon, and white chocolate pud in tiny glasses were my favourites. The burgers at the restaurant by the surfing shop was enjoyable I enjoyed the chips more. The street food was tasty, the fish and chicken which was freshly BBQ was cooked perfectly.

Take beach shoes as warnings of stone fish are given on the beach. We went in May/June and a little windy, sea a little cold for me.

There are stray dogs and cats who live at the hotel. They do not bother you, but if you like dogs then they do like the odd treat and the cat would not say no to some milk.

We went out for the day and saw - Water falls, Coloured sands, Botanical gardens and Hindu Temple. This trip was incredible, I had a blessing at the Hindu Temple. Our guide took us to an local restaurant for authentic Mauritian food - a very lovely meal and very welcoming, .

Overall the hotel was nice. What made our holiday was meeting lovely, kind people, who we hope to keep in touch with.

My husband and I paid top notch no discount £1700 per person. If I had paid between £1300/£1400 this would be a fantastic value for money.

1  Thank Debbie B
523guestrelations, Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Debbie,

Thank you for sharing the experiences of your stay at TUI SENSIMAR Lagoon Mauritius.

I am delighted that you liked the hotel as well as the hospitality of our Family Members. It's a privileged for me to work with such a wonderful team and they are happy to receive your appreciation of their efforts. I have shared your good impressions with all of them as a source of encouragement to continue the great work. Chef and his team are glad that you enjoyed our culinary proposals.

Stray dogs and cats are indeed a national problem on the island. Rest assured we are in contact with the Mauritius Society for Animal Welfare to help us tackle this issue at our level.

We look forward to welcome you back again next year for another pleasant holiday at our resort.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Just home from two wonderful weeks at Sensimar,what a beautiful resort with amazing staff (family).I have two slight negatives I will get them out of the way first. (1) disappointed its not completely all inclusive but that did not spoil our holiday(2) cigarette price at resort more than double shop price. Now for the positives, the resort is absolutely beautiful and kept that way by hard working staff, the staff all the staff are a credit to the resort. I would like to say a special thank you to Nundini who looked after us and our room, to Rudy our rep very nice,helpful and informative man(and to David our driver for the tour of island)to the sunset cruise team (thanks for the birthday cake!!!) I would like to name everyone and thank them but I didn't get all the names so THANK YOU ALL. The food and drinks were amazing, the staff were amazing, resort is amazing We had amazing holiday. Bill and Mandy (room 1004)

Room Tip: sea or seaside room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William C
523guestrelations, Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear William,

Thank your for this glowing review of your stay at TUI SENSIMAR Lagoon Mauritius.

I am glad that you liked the hotel as well as the hospitality of our Family Members. I am privileged to be working with a team of genuinely caring and committed individuals, who will be thrilled to receive your appreciation of their efforts.

Your kind words have been passed with all our Family Members mainly Nundini as a source of encouragement to continue the great service usually afforded to our guests.

Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again very soon for another pleasant and memorable stay at our resort.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

It has been a month since our return to reality and I am still wishing I was back in Mauritius with a cocktail in hand. Our stay an Sensimar Lagoon was fantastic. Our accommodation was quite basic but perfectly practical and cleaned everyday by the lovely Ashita, she is a real Gem. We enjoyed the food and agreed it was the best all inclusive food we’ve experienced, however I wished more premium brands were included. The grounds are kept really well, the gardeners never seem to stop. With regards to the stray Animals, we saw 5 dogs and 1 cat. None in the rooms or restaurants as previously stated in reviews. So overall we loved our time there and are glad we spent our two week break at Sensimar Lagoon but I’m not sure if we will return.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 927jamiew

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for choosing TUI SENSIMAR Lagoon Mauritius for your holiday in Mauritius.

I am delighted that the hotel was up to your expectations and you enjoyed your time among us. Your appreciations have been shared with all our Family Members mainly Ashita as a source of encouragement to keep up the great work.

With regards to stray animals, it is indeed a national problem on the island. Rest assured we are in contact with the Mauritius Society for Animal Welfare to help us tackle this issue at our level.

Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again for another pleasant stay at our resort.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Well before I started to write this I decided to have a quick peek at the low reviews.... and its safe to say that now I wish I hadn't. Im disgusted with the tall magnified stories being written about this wonderful place. I can only imagine these 'holiday makers' in question are either being paid to place a bad review or they are trying to claim some compensation back fraudulently.
The hotel is extremely clean right from the grounds up to the rooms, the staff are always so warm and welcoming, doing everything they can to make you happy. We were even called by our name 'Mr & Mrs Dunn' However the staff pronounced it as 'Dune' which was highly amusing to me and now I prefer it!
The management team were true sports and took up the challenge of taking to the aqua boards in the main pool one Friday morning, with the class being taken by my husband. The whole event was very funny!!
The food is fabulous day in day out. The street food at lunch time catered for us by Tina, Sadna, Wendy and the others was.... well I have no words except Ive gained 9 whole pounds in weight and Peter's gained 7! Up at the bar 'Sea Breeze' we were always served to the highest standard from 'Cheeky Cheeky' he knows who he is,, and all the guys including 'Shashiraj' (little un as I call him) this lads a manager in the making :)
The water activities lead by a fantastic team is second to none and the sunset criuse is a must as is the jungle juice.
Okay yes there are a few dogs around, all they are probably after is a bit of quality leftover all inclusive but they are completely harmless. Not once in our 2 week stay did we see a dog trying to remove food from any ones plates,, as one undesirable reviewer described. Also these ants some are moaning about,, well, if you'd like to see them make sure you pack a good sized magnifying glass as they are almost invisible to the naked eye!! Oh and by the way the music is fine, they have a DJ by the pool on a Saturday which is really nice and during the rest of the week the music is good but not lively. But you must remember the place is not claiming to be the Hard Rock Hotel or some common joint in Ibiza. If your after a busy nightlife this is not the hotel for you.

There was only one thing though that really and truly ground my nerves down.... Your in a beautiful place with beautiful weather and lovely people,, no work for a week or two and yet there's still the odd miserable holiday makers whom have probably traveled from a dull chilly country, faces set in stone with their cups half empty... It doesn't matter how good a place is there is no making these people happy and these are the kind that contribute to these ridiculously low reviews.

One last thing, we traveled here on the 20th May for 2 weeks to celebrate my husbands 60th birthday and our 29th wedding anniversary on the 26th May and I just want to say Im really sorry if Ive missed anyone out as you were all top drawer honestly!!
So with a tear in my eye (for real) and on behalf of the other half, I want to say a very big thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this a holiday that we will never forget Mandy & Pete xx

4  Thank sandamanda
523guestrelations, Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Mr and Mrs Dunn,

I am delighted that liked the hotel as well as the hospitality of our Family Members. My pleasure to read that you enjoyed to the maximum your time among us. I still remember the aquaboards session we have done with Mr Dunn as our coach. It was just an amazing class and all the team really appreciated it.

I have shared your kind words with all our Family Members as a source of encouragement to continue the great service usually afforded to our guests. They are all happy to know the they contributed in making your stay a pleasant and memorable one.

We look forward to welcome you back again for another wonderful stay in our small paradise.