1,175 results
All reviews street food seabreeze bar two weeks sea view main restaurant sunset cruise wave bar glass door taba j dogs and cats plenty of sunbeds toilet and shower wraps lobster night mauritian restaurant boat house gala night
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Just home from two wonderful weeks at Sensimar,what a beautiful resort with amazing staff (family).I have two slight negatives I will get them out of the way first. (1) disappointed its not completely all inclusive but that did not spoil our holiday(2) cigarette price at resort more than double shop price. Now for the positives, the resort is absolutely beautiful and kept that way by hard working staff, the staff all the staff are a credit to the resort. I would like to say a special thank you to Nundini who looked after us and our room, to Rudy our rep very nice,helpful and informative man(and to David our driver for the tour of island)to the sunset cruise team (thanks for the birthday cake!!!) I would like to name everyone and thank them but I didn't get all the names so THANK YOU ALL. The food and drinks were amazing, the staff were amazing, resort is amazing We had amazing holiday. Bill and Mandy (room 1004)

Room Tip: sea or seaside room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William C
523guestrelations, Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear William,

Thank your for this glowing review of your stay at TUI SENSIMAR Lagoon Mauritius.

I am glad that you liked the hotel as well as the hospitality of our Family Members. I am privileged to be working with a team of genuinely caring and committed individuals, who will be thrilled to receive your appreciation of their efforts.

Your kind words have been passed with all our Family Members mainly Nundini as a source of encouragement to continue the great service usually afforded to our guests.

Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again very soon for another pleasant and memorable stay at our resort.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

It has been a month since our return to reality and I am still wishing I was back in Mauritius with a cocktail in hand. Our stay an Sensimar Lagoon was fantastic. Our accommodation was quite basic but perfectly practical and cleaned everyday by the lovely Ashita, she is a real Gem. We enjoyed the food and agreed it was the best all inclusive food we’ve experienced, however I wished more premium brands were included. The grounds are kept really well, the gardeners never seem to stop. With regards to the stray Animals, we saw 5 dogs and 1 cat. None in the rooms or restaurants as previously stated in reviews. So overall we loved our time there and are glad we spent our two week break at Sensimar Lagoon but I’m not sure if we will return.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 927jamiew

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for choosing TUI SENSIMAR Lagoon Mauritius for your holiday in Mauritius.

I am delighted that the hotel was up to your expectations and you enjoyed your time among us. Your appreciations have been shared with all our Family Members mainly Ashita as a source of encouragement to keep up the great work.

With regards to stray animals, it is indeed a national problem on the island. Rest assured we are in contact with the Mauritius Society for Animal Welfare to help us tackle this issue at our level.

Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again for another pleasant stay at our resort.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Well before I started to write this I decided to have a quick peek at the low reviews.... and its safe to say that now I wish I hadn't. Im disgusted with the tall magnified stories being written about this wonderful place. I can only imagine these 'holiday makers' in question are either being paid to place a bad review or they are trying to claim some compensation back fraudulently.
The hotel is extremely clean right from the grounds up to the rooms, the staff are always so warm and welcoming, doing everything they can to make you happy. We were even called by our name 'Mr & Mrs Dunn' However the staff pronounced it as 'Dune' which was highly amusing to me and now I prefer it!
The management team were true sports and took up the challenge of taking to the aqua boards in the main pool one Friday morning, with the class being taken by my husband. The whole event was very funny!!
The food is fabulous day in day out. The street food at lunch time catered for us by Tina, Sadna, Wendy and the others was.... well I have no words except Ive gained 9 whole pounds in weight and Peter's gained 7! Up at the bar 'Sea Breeze' we were always served to the highest standard from 'Cheeky Cheeky' he knows who he is,, and all the guys including 'Shashiraj' (little un as I call him) this lads a manager in the making :)
The water activities lead by a fantastic team is second to none and the sunset criuse is a must as is the jungle juice.
Okay yes there are a few dogs around, all they are probably after is a bit of quality leftover all inclusive but they are completely harmless. Not once in our 2 week stay did we see a dog trying to remove food from any ones plates,, as one undesirable reviewer described. Also these ants some are moaning about,, well, if you'd like to see them make sure you pack a good sized magnifying glass as they are almost invisible to the naked eye!! Oh and by the way the music is fine, they have a DJ by the pool on a Saturday which is really nice and during the rest of the week the music is good but not lively. But you must remember the place is not claiming to be the Hard Rock Hotel or some common joint in Ibiza. If your after a busy nightlife this is not the hotel for you.

There was only one thing though that really and truly ground my nerves down.... Your in a beautiful place with beautiful weather and lovely people,, no work for a week or two and yet there's still the odd miserable holiday makers whom have probably traveled from a dull chilly country, faces set in stone with their cups half empty... It doesn't matter how good a place is there is no making these people happy and these are the kind that contribute to these ridiculously low reviews.

One last thing, we traveled here on the 20th May for 2 weeks to celebrate my husbands 60th birthday and our 29th wedding anniversary on the 26th May and I just want to say Im really sorry if Ive missed anyone out as you were all top drawer honestly!!
So with a tear in my eye (for real) and on behalf of the other half, I want to say a very big thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this a holiday that we will never forget Mandy & Pete xx

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sandamanda
523guestrelations, Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Mr and Mrs Dunn,

Thank you for sharing the experiences of your stay at TUI SENSIMAR Lagoon Mauritius.

I am delighted that liked the hotel as well as the hospitality of our Family Members. My pleasure to read that you enjoyed to the maximum your time among us. I still remember the aquaboards session we have done with Mr Dunn as our coach. It was just an amazing class and all the team really appreciated it.

I have shared your kind words with all our Family Members as a source of encouragement to continue the great service usually afforded to our guests. They are all happy to know the they contributed in making your stay a pleasant and memorable one.

We look forward to welcome you back again for another wonderful stay in our small paradise.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Everything was perfect. It's paradise! Everybody is so kind, the rooms are great and very clean. We enjoyed the 2 weeks to the fullest.

The food, the pools, the island and the employees makes it an real experience!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KevinHengelo
Reviewed 6 June 2018

The hotel is very well located although you have to be very cautions before driving in to the hotel compound but once you are in, you enjoy a very quiet and peaceful environment. Even though our room was very close to the main activity centre, main restaurant and main swimming pool area, once you are in your room, you only enjoy the quietness of the room. The staff are very friendly and collaborates to make you feel at home. Service is excellent and beware, you may experience customised treatment that may surprise you and give you higher satisfaction.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family