“Very good breakfast, HUGE portion!”
Review of Emerald Restaurant

Emerald Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 19 Restaurants in Verona
Price range: USD 6 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: From dawn to dusk, the full-service Emerald restaurant serves casual fare in a comfortable, relaxed setting. Choose from a classic American menu ranging from hearty breakfast favorites, to fresh salads, sandwiches, burgers and full dinners. Open 24 hours a day, the Emerald is a great place to find early morning refreshment or a satisfying late night snack. Open 7 Days A Week, 24 Hours A Day
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I stopped in for breakfast since the hotel I was staying had a very poor breakfast buffet. I'm glad I came to the Emerald, as I had a great breakfast of exactly what I wanted, and the price was right too. I ordered the corned beef hash with two eggs easy-over and toast. I must admit, I was not prepared for the portion size! It came in a small, cast-iron dish that didn't initially look big, but it turned out to be very deep. The portion was HUGE....I only finished half of it. Very good hash, and the eggs were good as well. It's a funky restaurant, with the kino gambling boards all around, but that's the nature of the place....inside a casino. Still, this was a great breakfast. I would gladly go back again.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

While at the casino we ate here twice, once late night and once for breakfast. Breakfast was great, food was good, service was good and the waiter was super pleasant. During our late night visit we had a slightly larger party (5) and it seemed like the meal took forever to come to the table. The entire table had finished their first beverage and were on their 2nd by the time the food arrived. However the server was pleasant and the food was good. I would have thought breakfast would have been slower since the place was full and the late night was practically empty. Food was good so we will go back plus it was one of the more reasonably priced restaurants in the casino.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

I believe it was May 2017 when I last had a meal at this restaurant and I ate here a lot with my TS rewards points, food vouchers, and the karats they had back in the days. I’ve eaten here so many times as a regular. I loved the wings they served me and their chocolate cake. When I ordered wings I always requested garlic wings for a long period of time. Then there was a time when I took a few weeks off from eating there to take a break. After that time period from eating there I returned. They’re were new food servers I never known. I ordered my garlic wings. The new food server had to go speak to the manager about it because of what I ordered. As soon as he arrived he explained to me we can only do what’s on the menu hot, medium or mild wings. I told him I ordered garlic wings for years. It was a brand new manager as well. I talked him into ordering garlic wings and they did it. It made me feel very uncomfortable that the food server had to bring the manager to come out and speak to me. They should never have to do that. That’s not professional five star service. I’ve never had a problem like that eating at other restaurants in my life. Other than that I nevered cared for their hamburgers, Rueben sandwich’s, or their breakfast. The best times to eat there was in the morning when they are not busy then the food arrives on time. When it’s extremely busy and if you see a long line in the lobby area I would avoid eating there. You may have to wait a long time for your food to arrive. Other than that there is always a turnover in food servers in that restaurant and that’s not good at all. Not that I moved out of Central New York and living in the West Coast I am no longer reachable to that restaurant.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

DeB'n I visited Turning Stone on the Saturday before Valentine's Day. We decided to eat at the Emerald for dinner, at dinnertime, because it had the shortest wait time of any of the full service sitdown restaurants on the premises. I had the pleasure of listening to a half hour of DeB's teasing me about not planning ahead with reservations :p
Once inside, the service was wonderful - cheerful, helpful and attentive, despite the crowd.
Also despite the crowd, and only a shoulder height wall separating the restaurant from a main walkway through the casino, it was fairly quiet, seated in our booth. With the muted lighting, almost intimate. Even the keno runners' station at the back of the seating area, and half dozen keno boards hanging from the walls and ceiling did not feel intrusive.
DeB ordered a Caesar salad w/ shrimp, i ordered a Bison chili appetizer and the shrimp scampi. Our waitress asked if we wanted dinner rolls, which we accepted.
DeB was quite content nibbling on the "nice and soft .. Proper dinner rolls" while i put a delighted dent in my bowl (not cup!) of chili. (She declined to taste it, as it has actual bison meat, poor things.) I liked that it was chunky; that i could identify the individual ingredients, instead of sticking my spoon into a mysterious, homogeneous sauce. I also appreciated that it was not particularly spicy, relying on the flavors of the ingredients. I'm glad i didn't ask for hot sauce, it was wonderful without.
About halfway through the bowl (i eat slowly), our mains were brought. They were huge. I was quite happy with my shrimp, both flavor and quantity; appreciated the not-overpowering sauce; and pleasantly overwhelmed by the volume of linguini.:)
DeB, on the other hand, found something .. odd .. about the flavor of her salad's dressing. Not bad, in any way, just .. not quite what she was expecting. She still managed to tuck away most of the greens, and was pleased with her shrimp. She didn't comment on her chardonnay, but did drink it, so i assume it was to her liking.:)
***
We also stopped back around midnight for dessert. By then, it was the only non-nightclub food venue on the premises that was still open. And it was pretty well empty, so our seating was fully intimate.
Looking at the menu, I was a bit put off by the pricing of the desserts (for $8, i can get half a very nice apple pie back home,.) and nearly suggested to DeB that we split one. But she generally dislikes splitting plates (tho tasting off each others' is fine:), so i held my tongue. She ordered a Brownie Sundae, and i the Big Chocolate Cake. When they arrived, i understood the pricing .. Like our dinners, these portions were HUGE! I *almost* regretted holding my tongue .. but it was all too tasty to regret! b:
DeB had a wonderful time spooning through her ice cream and hot fudge and other toppings .. had a moment's concern about the 'hard fudge' in the bottom half of her bowl .. until she realized it wasn't fudge, it was the Brownie completely covering the bottom, and halfway up the side.
I was, again, pleasantly overwhelmed by my portion. My slice was fully six inches high, one-sixth of the original whole, with lovely moist chocolate pudding between the layers (i'm remembering four or five of them .. but memory's a funny thing), generous frosting down the spine, and nearly an inch of once-molten chocolate massed on the top. The cake itself was tender, yet firm enough to hold this tower of frosting high, sans crumbles. All of the chocolates involved were sweetened just enough to overcome the natural bitterness of cocoa without taking over. And there was just so much of it, i had to pack half of it in a take-home container .. so i got to split it with myself!
***
Bottom line: We very much enjoyed our meal and dessert at Emerald.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Very affordable and popular restaurant right in the center of all the activity at the tower. The food was well above average and the best part is (we ate there twice) the wait staff actually listened to our requests and then delivered.