All reviews room was clean front desk no frills off the highway nice tv extra towels budget hotel place to sleep coffee maker stay there again visiting family mini fridge pet thruway rri mocha hairdryer
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Needed a place to rest and sleep close to the Highway. Very good service. Patrick was very nice at the reception.
The room was small but clean. No coffee maker, no fridge, no microwave but there is always coffee at the reception area. Can't have it all...
Altogether a good spot to rest and sleep. Jean D.

Room tip: They do have better rooms than the one I got.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jean D
JustinSchnettler, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear Jean,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. I am very pleased that my team and I could provide you with a decent place to stay close by to the thruway. I would like to take the time to let you know that we do offer a variety of room types, which may include the coffeemaker, microwave/fridge, iron/iron board, and a hair dryer. Always check-out redroof.com for the best rates, options, and rewards. We hope you will choose us again in the future, whether your a wary traveler needing a rest or to take advantage of the gateway to the Adirondacks.

Justin

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Pros:
Good value: less than $65 per night for a clean room and beds (liked the hardwood floor. It feels cleaner than old carpets that most of the motels have)
Pretty quiet given the close proximity to the freeway
Walking distance from a great little bagel shop called Willi's Bagel Cafe was also a big plus as they don't provide breakfast

Cons:
The key cards constantly stopped working. The manager told us that it stops working if we put it near a cell phone. So I stashed the key card away from my cell phone in my purse, but it still failed.
We were a party of three (and we paid more for it), but the room had only two towels and my husband had to go to the office to get one more set. So for the second night, I requested three towels by leaving a note for the maid with a tip. (They had a small envelope "suggesting" us to leave a tip. I have never seen that sort of a thing at any motels/hotels and I found it a little imposing although it may seem reasonable for some people.) However, our tip was not enough or something?: the maid only left two towels and my husband had to go back to the office again for the extra set.

The problems noted above were all minor, and we would stay there again if we need to save money, but if we have a bigger budget, we may look for somewhere else.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We stayed last year and found the hotel okay but this year was a disaster. First the room we were given had a bathroom light that didn’t work. Since it was an interior room it was pitch black. They gave us another room since there wasn’t anyone there to fix it. The second room had mouse droppings on the floor so they moved us once again and upgraded our room for the trouble.
The upgraded room was noisy all night, the mattress was like laying on concrete and the pillows were flat and hard. The room was uncomfortably hot even though we set the thermostat at 42 ( and it was only in the 30’s outside). To top it off the maid came in and left towels on the desk but never cleaned the room nor made the bed. I would never patronize this hotel again nor would I reccomend it to anyone- it is not worth the lower price.

Trip type: Travelled with family
JustinSchnettler, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Mark,

I'm very sorry to hear that you had a poor stay recently. We always strive to ensure our guests have a great stay. I've spoken to my team regarding the issues in which you described to ensure better communication and paying attention to detail regarding guest rooms. I understand your frustration, as you did talk to the front desk during your stay, however, always check out with the front desk to inform us of issues so that we may rectify the situation as necessary. Our goal is to have our guests leave happy and wanting to return. If you wish to try our property again, please contact me directly at 315-724-7128.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

My lab mix and I loved our stay at this hotel. Super convenient location with plenty of space for my bestie to walk and sniff things. The room was cozy and very clean. I appreciated the coffee and dog treats always in the lobby. Patrick at the front desk went way above and beyond at every possible opportunity to make sure we had everything we needed. The housekeeping staff were incredibly nice, too. I'm definitely going to stay here again!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Christina I
Reviewed 28 February 2018

friendly staff, quick and easy for a good sleep to break up our drive. .room was clean, water pressure was good, could tell the sheets had been freshly washed, Right off the freeway, It was inexpensiive

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel