See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Cottage appeared stale and stuffy, spider webs on window seals, entry not vacumed, outside grass had not been cut week of our arrival and tall grass around front entry. Property was not manicured. Microwave did not work, bathroom toilet seat was broken at back connection. Ad was misleading as this cottage has one bedroom with queen bed and a loft room with a twin daybed pullout. In order to enter the master bedroom you had to go thru loft room which did not offer privacy for other guest. We are not accustom to paying prices charged with the quality of facilities such a this. I would not stay at this cottage in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Stella P
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I rented this place for a birthday party because of the pool. The owners said they would rent for one night with no problem - I paid $235 in advance. The cottage was clean enough but smelled like an antique store which is not good for people with allergies. There is no cable or wifi which is not a huge deal.

This is the caveat, a week after we checked out, I was online doing some banking and noticed a $100 charge from the Westwood Guest Cottage! No email, no phone call, no letter, just a charge! When I finally got through to the owner she told me the umbrella by the pool was broken, the railing was broken and the net from the kids volley ball game was left up. Not true, the volley ball net is mine and I have it here. I live 10 minutes away and was never given an opportunity to go see any of these "damages". Even if there had been problems (and there weren't ) it is very bad business practice to charge someone like this with no notice. Save yourself the trouble and go somewhere else!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2009

We stayed at Westwood Guest Cottage for a week in August with our two German Shepherds. The pool is great and got ALOT of use that week. Very dog friendly and a wonderful place to relax. No satellite, internet etc., just lots of old videos that were fun to watch.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2009

Innkeepers Lisa and Doren have made Westwood Guest Cottage a warm, cozy, inviting place to stay. What lovely accommodations! We stayed in a room with a queen size bed furnished with an antique secretary and Audubon pictures which were very beautiful. One can sit outside on the comfortable chairs or country swing and be mesmerized by the spacious and beautiful grounds, overflowing with flowers. Lisa and Doren are very eager to please and excellent guides on the surrounding area. This was a huge help when deciding on how to spend the day. You can explore Cooperstown or Oneonta (a short drive), trek through Antique Alley, kick back and read a good book, swim in the luxurious pool, golf or even go horseback riding! There are several restaurants in the area and you can be sure Lisa’s recommendations will send you to the very best! Breakfast is self cook, as you can actually cook in your own kitchen and pick your own time breakfast time. All in all, I have to say I have never been a B&B person, but Westwood Guest Cottage is a true exception. When you’re at Westwood – you’re at home without the hassles!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple