Review Highlights
Great prices and slopes

Reviewed 3 January 2018
EliizabethWS
Charleston, South Carolina
Glad I took my true-beginner kid for a lesson here

Reviewed 30 March 2017
ked909
Cortland, New York

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

That is the only positive thing I can say. And that has little to do with the management. It is a gorgeous, warm, sunny day. Everything else, well sucks.... No cranberry juice at the bar. Nothing remotely vegetarian at the dark, dank Moguls bar. The lifts constantly start and stop. The service is sub-par. They really need to visit The Foggy Goggle at Toggenburg.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We had a great time at Song Mountain, the slopes are great for beginners and more advanced skiers. The prices are great, especially on Fridays. While there aren't many slopes to choose from, this place is absolutely worth the price.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 30 March 2017

My son and I had a good time at a beginners' ski lesson. We were the only two students who showed up for the lesson that afternoon, and Song had brought in some extra staff from their partner Labrador Mountain, so there were two high school-aged instructors for the two of us. Fairly early, I decided to just wander off to ski the bunny slope and let the two of them work with my elementary school-aged son. I had skied before (not well, but I didn't need to be told how to snowplow to a stop, and both of them were focusing on the true beginner anyway) and was happy to let my kid benefit from solo attention. He had a good time, and we got to ski the bunny slope a few times together by the end of his lesson. The high school kids were cheerful and pleasant, and I appreciated how much fun they let my kid have.

Everyone we interacted with was helpful and kind, and the lodge was comfortable. We had a good time, and my son left ready to try skiing again the next time we can get out. That's a good outcome from a beginning ski lesson!

Date of experience: February 2017
2  Thank ked909
Reviewed 21 March 2017

We went to Song on their Freaky Fridays night skiing day. They have a good selection of beginning, intermediate and advanced slopes. Their staff was friendly and helpful and their bar had great food and drinks. My only concern was that the dismount from the bunny slope lift was super steep, causing a lot of beginning skiers to fall right away and can be scary for new skiers; seems as if they should add some buffer so the dismount isn't so intimidating.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 9 March 2015

Overall, there are just a ton of little things that need to be tweaked, and we were annoyed from the time we arrived. Question: If you have a drop off / pick up area for skiers/snowboarders, why would you not have a place for them to put their skis and snowboards while waiting? Hmmm...... , Attempting to ski didn't go too smoothly either, as there were about 60 people in "line" and absolutely no order to the chaos, nor anyone trying to create order. We quickly gave up on that endeavor, let the kids ski, and went to find food and drinks. Let's just say that the bar didn't have three of the domestic beers that I ordered, and the menu is VERY limited at best. Things could just be so much better, but it seems as if no one wants to put in the time or effort. People pay a lot of money to ski, and this should be reflected in the ambience.

Date of experience: March 2015