“Glad I took my true-beginner kid for a lesson here”
Review of Song Mountain

Song Mountain
Ranked #4 of 4 things to do in Tully
More attraction details
Owner description: With a summit elevation of 1,940 feet and vertical at 700 feet, this recreation mountain offers 24 trails for day and night skiing.
Reviewed 30 March 2017

My son and I had a good time at a beginners' ski lesson. We were the only two students who showed up for the lesson that afternoon, and Song had brought in some extra staff from their partner Labrador Mountain, so there were two high school-aged instructors for the two of us. Fairly early, I decided to just wander off to ski the bunny slope and let the two of them work with my elementary school-aged son. I had skied before (not well, but I didn't need to be told how to snowplow to a stop, and both of them were focusing on the true beginner anyway) and was happy to let my kid benefit from solo attention. He had a good time, and we got to ski the bunny slope a few times together by the end of his lesson. The high school kids were cheerful and pleasant, and I appreciated how much fun they let my kid have.

Everyone we interacted with was helpful and kind, and the lodge was comfortable. We had a good time, and my son left ready to try skiing again the next time we can get out. That's a good outcome from a beginning ski lesson!

1  Thank ked909
in 4 reviews
"mountains"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 21 March 2017

We went to Song on their Freaky Fridays night skiing day. They have a good selection of beginning, intermediate and advanced slopes. Their staff was friendly and helpful and their bar had great food and drinks. My only concern was that the dismount from the bunny slope lift was super steep, causing a lot of beginning skiers to fall right away and can be scary for new skiers; seems as if they should add some buffer so the dismount isn't so intimidating.

Reviewed 9 March 2015

Overall, there are just a ton of little things that need to be tweaked, and we were annoyed from the time we arrived. Question: If you have a drop off / pick up area for skiers/snowboarders, why would you not have a place for them to put their skis and snowboards while waiting? Hmmm...... , Attempting to ski didn't go too smoothly either, as there were about 60 people in "line" and absolutely no order to the chaos, nor anyone trying to create order. We quickly gave up on that endeavor, let the kids ski, and went to find food and drinks. Let's just say that the bar didn't have three of the domestic beers that I ordered, and the menu is VERY limited at best. Things could just be so much better, but it seems as if no one wants to put in the time or effort. People pay a lot of money to ski, and this should be reflected in the ambience.

4  Thank mberga25
Reviewed 19 February 2015

Ski lessons for kids on the weekends are great.mfood is very average and in a weird spot. Lots of activity for all ages with lots of family

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 January 2015

No, just no. If your into shredding on ice/dirt, can put up with that female dog NANCY in the rental shop, and a owner with a worse haircut then his trail conditions stuck in the 70's and sounds like he's smoke too many cigs then this is the place for you! Mind you, the chairlift breaks constantly, lights bairly come on at night, staff is egoistic and extremely rude and prices are through the roof! Come on down to bong mountain! We suck!

11  Thank TheTruth24769420fu